SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

UK Mobile Phone Directory?

View next topic
View previous topic

N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can this be true or what?

Got this from a work colleague, it's obviously a "forward this to the world and his gerbil", but is it true?

Maybe you have heard about this but early next week all UK mobiles will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access the numbers. It is easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex directory. We have all unsubscribed and you may want to suggest it to all your friends and family who have UK mobiles or they could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls. Removal is recommended by the BBC - see link below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/8091621.stm

Just done this myself. Double checked it wasn't a scam and it is actually on the bbc website recommending to do this.

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week.
All numbers including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling and the general abuse that less scrupulous telesales people subject us too.

To remove your number go here. (you need your mobile phone with you to do this, they text you a code)

http://www.118800.co.uk/removeme/remove-me.html

When on the site, click "Home" then "Ex-directory" this will remove you from the directory.
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

service currently unavailable due to maintenance

thanks i'll check back later and circulate to family/friends

eta: another way to unsubscribe

To unsubscribe, you can either click on the ex directory button on the their web homepage, or you can text the letter 'E' to 118800 from the mobile phone you want to be made ex-directory. 118800 will send you an SMS message confirming you've been taken off

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

118 800 wrote:
At 118 800, we think you've been misinformed...
We never give out your mobile phone number
We never sell your mobile phone number to anyone - including sales organisations
We have no children in our directory
It is difficult to imagine how it could be used for cold calling, £1 per number is a little expensive. These numbers are gathered from the same lists that the cold callers do use, so it is nothing new. If someone starts nuisance calling you, then you just have to make yourself ex-directory and it stops. The stalker never gets your number, so once 118800 stops working the calls stop. They say there are no children in the database; I'm sure there's the odd mistake, but the lists they have harvested the numbers from probably try to exclude children too because it's a bad idea and a waste of money to try to sell a child double glazing.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they can get through all the numbering options on my works mobile they deserve to talk to me Smile

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic