SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question for Americans

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack Pump--I'm in the same boat as you. Visiting 94 year old grandmother ended up in ER Thursday night, sudden pain and then numbness in leg--then whole leg turned blue. Major blood clot at the artery cut circulation to leg--they got some blood flow with blood thinners, emergency surgery yesterday to remove the clot, now she is recovering in intensive care--so my past few days and next couple of days involve lots of trips back and forth to the hospital. In fact, heading over again now...

But to everyone celebrating with parades, picnics, barbecues, and fireworks--have a great time celebrating the biggest event in our history!

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry about the mistake about who fought who in the War of 1812. I should have remembered that.

Back in the early 80's there was a really good TV program about about Canada, it's culture, history and other interesting facts.

The Great White North with Bob and Doug McKenzie

I miss SCTV. Our local PBS station in west Texas actually started showing it back in 1977 or 78. We lost it for a couple of years then NBC picked it up in the early 80's.

The Great White North was just one of many great skits they did. They were just as funny as Saturday Night Live in my opinion. In fact, there were a few years when SNL wasn't even close to funny.

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jack Pump -- Howdy at 'ya from East Tx, bro! Some pals left for camping at Caddo Lake; I'm a Yankee transplant and voted for the fan and hosing the dog when she's not looking. Ha! (She's not laughing, tho.) A few other pals set off to a festival somewhere in the Metroplex. I'm betting they wish I was there, hosing them. Hope your pa-in-law will be OK. (All who aren't in TX at the moment, it was another three-digit day in the thermometer dept., and no end in sight.)

To my military brothers and sisters (no matter what country), THANK YOU. I wish I had a really, really long hose, and if I did you'd get a well-deserved and very refreshing soaking. And delicious snacks. And pool toys of your choice.

OK, I made the part about pool toys up. But just because I don't have any (because I don't have a pool) doesn't mean the refreshing hosing and snacks are off. ::enter snacks and water balloons::

Hugs to all. beers!

EDIT: Dorothy, hope your gran is OK, too.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had way too much fun. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't have so much fun, until the fireworks.

The program we went to consisted of an awful rock band screaming non-understandable lyrics with the PA system at its highest volume, and a two-story high speaker aimed directly at the wheelchair area. I had grown accustomed to the "melting pot" program in another city (victim of the economic crisis, alas) with the folklorico dancers, the bagpipe band (ever heard "Yankee Doodle" or the Marine Hymn on bagpipes?) and the classic rock cover band. I rolled off to one end of the track around the football field, where I could at least hear myself think, and my friend accompanied me. We had a good conversation while the band screamed on in the distance.

The fireworks made up for the agony of the "music." They weren't the best I've seen, but they were good. Smile

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a little late but...

@ Gold Hat- all due respects, hoser, xxx you have to cross the border for, no can get here. Not even at the duty free! Now take off, eh! Just kidding, another great export of Canada, Second City. Can't forget Shania either.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic