SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419 scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
fallen_angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, I'm new here, although I've been reading your forum for months now. I'm member of www.romancescam.com I got this 419 scam message and I'm not a 419 biter, I'm a romance scam biter so I don't really know what to do with this one. I'm not experienced with this so maybe someone would like to take over or at least tell me what to do Wink So here it goes

Quote:
Hello ,

compliments of the day Nice to meet you, how is everything, hope all is well with you. My name is Madam Avelin Regato.

I found your contact after reading your profile I picked interest to contact you. I've something very important which I would love to share with you privately, therefore, would advise you to kindly write me back on: [email protected] so that I'll give you details. Waiting anxiously for your anticipated co-operation.

Yours,
Madam Avelin Regato
Email ([email protected])

My reply: ( btw she or he approached my fake profile on one of the dating sites)

Quote:
Dear Mrs. Regato,

I'm sorry for the lost of your husband, I know how you feel as I am a widow myself. However, I don't think I will be able to help you. Really sorry about that. I wish you a good luck finding the right person to help you.

Best regards

Her again

Quote:
Hello My Dear,

Thanks for your mail to me Dear, How are you today I hope all is well with you.Oh My Dear I'm Very Very Sorry that you are a widow like me.Yes Dear I understand all what you said from your message because of you condition as a widow. But whan I read your message something keep telling me to write back to you, that this is our time. What is it that I need from you?

I need your full details like your full name,Telephone number and fax number,your work and address were you will like them to ship this trunk box to and for you to contact the security company as My late husband foriegn business partner.

Them i will send you the two documents which the security company gave to my late husband the day he deposited this trunk box so that you will use this information to contact them,As my late husband foriegn business partner.for them to ship the trunk box to your address.

I am waiting to hear from you.

Madam Avelin Regato.

IP 41.189.96.250 Cote D'Ivoire

So, anyone?? Wink
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, fallen_angel. Very Happy This is just a typical N.O.K. (next of kin) 419 scam, or I'm a poor orphan and my uncle is trying to kill me help me get the money out of the security company's hands. You will be asked to contact the security company, and the "security guy" will just be the lad playing another character. They will ask for various fees to be sent to cover costs associated with the transfer, before your money can be sent to your account. Most of the scam is explained in the sticky, here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413

Give the security guy all fake details, and make up a fake bank and account numbers. They don't want a real account, anyway. They just want you to eventually send the fees via Western Union to them.

Give it a go! You might like it more than the lovelads. Wink Very Happy
Don't tell Wayne I said that, though. Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
fallen_angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks SlapHappy. Actually I'm pretty familiar with the 419 scams, as I read a lot of bites here but I never bothered to play along with them. But you are right, it might be fun Twisted Evil I'll give it a go, although I will probably need some help from more experienced biters, so forgive me if I post some questions here Wink
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Fallen Angel

Nice to see you over here, I am also a member there but much fewer posts and under a different name

Please dont listen to Slap Happy, you couldn't possibly like NOK lads more than love lads Laughing

A love lad is in reality little different to every other lad to bait, only difference is you have the added romance.

The money stage can be played out in the same way and it is possible to turn your NOK lad into a love lad.

@Slap Happy, I will be PMing Wayne a little later, please assume the position Wink Laughing

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fallen_angel

You should definitely go for it, as this lad clearly thinks you are worth pursuing Smile When you have questions, there are lots of people here will be happy to help you--in fact, many of us are members there too (I'm dotti over there). As Murry said, love lads really aren't that different--in fact, if you really want to, you can often turn a straight 419 into a romance bait (in this case there will inevitably be a banker , diplomat, or barrister). You may find that getting more experience with other types of baits will make you a better romance baiter too.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@fallen_angel - Murray is full of crap. Just look at his Title, "SweetCakes."
He's so stuck on lovelads, he doesn't know all the other joys that exist outside of them. He falls in love with all his lads. Wink

See if you can bait the lad without falling in love, and see for yourself that a wonderful new world will open up for you! Post your questions, and you will get them answered by one of the enlightened members here.
As you can see, we do take good-natured pot shots at each other, but Murray deserved the one from me. And you can't PM Wayne, as he's retired from this site, Murray. So, I'll just go tell him myself... Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Safari Issac to Chad
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, fallen_angel.

Please take a look at the forum stickies - as long as you do "safe baiting", you can hardly go wrong!

Welcome and enjoy Very Happy

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
He's so stuck on lovelads, he doesn't know all the other joys that exist outside of them. He falls in love with all his lads

Not true, the mass hitman bait was perhaps the most fun I have ever had baiting and the only love there was seeing the pain and frustration we caused him.

Now that was a fun bait Laughing

The main point is that the non romance baits are little different, if you can romance bait, you can NOK bait as well.

Good luck and never hesitate to ask for help if you need it

Meanwhile, I need to send a PM to Wayne at RS, I actually do Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Murry, I have told him already about good old Clifford Avrus the hitman Very Happy

Yes, I think many 419ers are part-time romance scammers. Vice versa the same, when you reply a scammer PM on a dating site, you might get to know that she is a Senegalese refugee girl and that there is a trunkbox.

You might want a strong emphasize on romance chatting with Yahoo then, have you seen this tutorial already?

YIM love chatting tutorial

Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Laughing
I remember that one, Murray. That was a great bait. Very Happy
Say "Hi!" to that grumpy man, Wayne, over there at romancescam for me while you are over there. Smile

Safari Issac to Chad
fallen_angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL thanks everyone. It's nice to see familiar faces Smile ( dotti, frumpy)
One thing guys, how do I get out of sending them my ID scan. I gave some lame excuse but I don't know if that will be good enough and they already asked for my passport or drivers licence. As for the phone number I gave the old "I'm partly deaf" excuse Twisted Evil It's going to be fun Wink Thanks again, you are so much fun guys Laughing
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No scanner...scanner has yopur friend...it´s forbidden in where you live...you don´t like sending personal stuff so early in a relationship over the net...you have a more recent passport photo but it´s on the office PC...anything that mmakes sense.

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my favourites to avoid the ID is much the same as what I tell them about my photo;
Start by saying you have sent it and it is attached, (it wont be of course)
If they complain try again, appologise and send nothing again
If the lad is insisting then get any picture at all, the bigger the better, open it in notepad and remove some of the letter from the start of the text and save with an appropriate file name (my ID for instance). Double check it doesn't open before sending
If the lad is still complaining, blame him, tell him it opens fine for you so it must be the crappy PC he is using and that he is going to have to fix it.

In most cases the above will work but if not, send him another copy, this time any large file, the larger the better opened in word, tamper the same as before by removing some letters, rename to "My ID" and change the file extension to .jpg and send him a huge file.

The lad still wont be able to open it but will have given up by now and moved along with the scam, if not, keep insisting his system is not working as it should be, eventualy he will play Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic