SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Beer and cigarettes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Recently I had a long layover at the Charleston airport. I went outside to smoke a cigarette (yes, I know I need to quit). A guy with a Scottish accent came up to me and asked if he could borrow a cigarette. I gave him one and he replied that I even smoked his brand, Marlboro Reds in the box.

For some stupid reason, this surprised me. I assumed there were different brands there in the UK. I know there are a bunch of different brands in Mexico. I used to cross the border all the time and pick up Mexican cigarettes to bring across the river.

Okay, what are the major brands of cigarettes in the UK, Canada and Australia?

Also, are American beers such as Budweiser, Miller, Coors and so on popular in other countries? I can’t imagine anybody ordering a Coors Light when a Moosehead, Guinness or Fosters is available.

But then again, I hate Coors Light….

HarmlessBunny
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't know much about cigarettes unfortunately...

However here in Canada, I do know what is popular Smile

Budweiser and Coors are moderately popular, but any Sleeman's, Rickards, Canadian, and Alexander Keith beers are probably the most popular ( a lot of them have local breweries all over the country)

Though recently a lot of micro-breweries have been popping all over the place (best kind in my opinion)

Over in Alberta and B.C, I noticed Samuel Adam's Beer is starting to sell pretty well (One of the better American Beers, I think)
Leanne
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In Ireland, the more popular brands of cigarette are John Player, Benson & Hedges, Silk Cut and Marlboro. As for beer, heineken, budweiser, miller, guiness, bulmers and carlsberg are the most popular.

O' BOY you are a PARARA, infact u are a big MUGU pooooooooor boy, common get away you baaaaaaaaaaaatard
u fit chop dollar u be dead man no worry i would come and flogg u in your dreams and make sure u put candel in your ass i would also light it up.
tunder go srike u very soon... dont pkay around with people u dont know. LAST WARNING!!
MAGA MUGU OLE ONYE OSHI OTELE
Shrek the Quarter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dunno about the fags - and my lungs thank me for that.

However my liver is another matter. American beers are sold and moderately popular here, Budweiser and Coors are also heavily advertised. Having said that a wide range of lagers are available in all commercial pubs such as Fosters, Carlsbjerg, Carling and Stella. Factor in the fact that different regions in the UK will have other beverages in abundance - for instance in the West Country, Scrumpy cider is king, in East Anglia in particular it's Ales and Oop north it's bitter.

In Scotland it's anything that corrodes the container or can be battered to go with your Mars Bar Laughing

I am not doing any of those as this is stupid and unimaginable

Mrs Van H0rn
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked Lisa as she restocks the cancer sticks at tesco the majorbrands are

Richmond
Mayfair
Benson and Hedges
John Player
Lambert + Butler
Malboro
Berkley
Lucky Strike
Dunhill
Regal
Embassy
Winsor Blue
Rothmans

Rolling Tobacco
Golden Virgina
Amber Leaf
Cutters choice

Beer
Heineken
Carling
Carlsberg
Stella
Fosters

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack Pump wrote:
I know there are a bunch of different brands in Mexico. I used to cross the border all the time and pick up Mexican cigarettes to bring across the river.

When I first visited Tijuana many years ago, they had for sale "Horse Sh!t Cigarettes", "Deer Sh!t Cigarettes", and several other animals....including the "Cangaroo".

The descriptions on the packages were really funny.

I'll have to dig these out (if I can find them) and post some scans here.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smokes, hand rolled, "Canadian"
Beer "Colt 45" and "Black Ice", no idea who brews it, I just drink it, I read books, not cans. Laughing

I like to smoke and I feel good to support the 500.000+ Canadians that work in the tobacco industry, 300.000+ researchers that are looking for a cure for cancer, and about supporting the Canadian citizens with the ridiculous amounts of tax I pay over dried plant leaves and that I don't have to sit in a dirty diaper in an old peoples home waiting to die.

No I don't smoke in buildings, not even my own and not in my truck when non smokers are traveling with me. Wink

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I like to smoke and I feel good to support the 500.000+ Canadians that work in the tobacco industry, 300.000+ researchers that are looking for a cure for cancer, and about supporting the Canadian citizens with the ridiculous amounts of tax I pay over dried plant leaves and that I don't have to sit in a dirty diaper in an old peoples home waiting to die.

BEST... SMOKING... JUSTIFICATION... EVER...

I smoke as well, and i can say that in Brazil, most of the cigarettes are all from the corporate multinationals anyway. Marlboro and Dunhills are the best sellers where i live, but i smoke Lucky Strike's

Beers here are almost all nationals. The most famous brands are Skol, Antartica, Brahma and Schincariol. My favorite is an vintage recipe beer called Bohemia.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
Beer "Colt 45"

Wow, I haven't heard that brand in ages. I bet it's still available here, I just haven't gone near it since college. It's Malt Liquor and I've only ever seen it in 40 oz bottles.

Popular here (East Coast, US) are American beer brands like Budweiser, Coors, Michelob, etc. other brands like Corona, Heineken, Fosters . . . and tons of local micro brews which are very good.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
bill2 wrote:
Beer "Colt 45"

Popular here (East Coast, US) are American beer brands like Budweiser, Coors, Michelob, etc. other brands like Corona, Heineken, Fosters . . . and tons of local micro brews which are very good.

We drink tanker-loads of Colt 45's in California (yes, all 40 oz bottles), plus all the others Ima mentioned. My favorite beer is Wheat Beer, which I first had in Switzerland ("Spaten Clubweisse" although I'm probably misspelling that). It's available here in specialty stores.

My second favorite is Steinlager. We used to have to go to New Zealand to get that, but now I've seen it in Costco. (sell-out!)

Ima mentioning Michelob reminds me of the time I went to a bar 100 miles north of San Francisco and asked for a Michelob. The answer: "We don't serve no foreign beers here, buddy."

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It has to be asked, How can you borrow a cigarette? Will he send you one back from his house in an evelope?

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes, you need to quit smoking Smile
Jack Pump wrote:
are American beers such as Budweiser, Miller, Coors and so on popular in other countries? I can’t imagine anybody ordering a Coors Light when a Moosehead, Guinness or Fosters is available

american beer is not just unpopular, it is derided by many british beer-drinkers as being indistinguishable from water.

but coors uk is our 2nd largest brewer - they own carling, cobra, caffrey's, grolsch, stones, toby and worthington, among others.
i suspect someone must be drinking the quasi-beer with their name on it, if only because they keep promoting it in the media.
they are known to be targetting the female beer-drinker market in the uk, which is small in comparison with european markets.
by contrast, budweiser's uk brewery is due to close in 2010 beers!

wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jay leno wrote:
It has to be asked, How can you borrow a cigarette?

Well the guy was (or at least, sounded) Scottish, that should give a clue.
He'd probably return it after he smoked it.

Fight My Brute
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So Grolsch is owned by a company bottling water? Right...

I read a lot of 'Heineken' here... but I must disappoint all of you. Heineken is NOT beer, at least it doesn't deserve to be called that... Grolsch on the other hand is fine beer, in a fancy-looking bottle too...
Even better that that is Gulpener (brewed in utter south-east of the Netherlands I believe (nearly Belgium)). And then there's Hoegaarden, wheat beer (which we just call white bear, translated literally), which is really good on hot days. *Starts daydreaming*

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ImageImage

Very popular in the US.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Corona sweetheart, popular maybe, but too bad the beer named after you is generally considered as the worst beer in the world...

Fight My Brute
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Seriously?

If I drink anything else, I'm ill! Mad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you a push it in or a suck it through girl?
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Leading brand in the Netherlands is Heineken.

Top-10 lager brands 2008:
1 Heineken 29%
2 Amstel 14%
3 Grolsch 11%
4 Dommelsch 10%
5 Jupiler 8%
6 Brand 7%
7 Hertog Jan 7%
8 Bavaria 6%
9 Gulpener 3%
10 Lindeboom 1%

I like the Grolsch season bocks better than their lager, especially spring (Lentebok) and autumn (herfstbok)

As for smokes it's mainly Marlboro and Kent that's being sold, and for rolling tobacco Samson, Drum and VanNelle.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You all don't know anything about beer!

Duckstein (dark beer) is definetely the best. Followed by Warsteiner, Flensburger Pilsener and Holsten. Way down south they drink stuff like Maibock and Hefeweizen, but the Bavarians don't know anything about beer. The Oktoberfest beer is quite awful.

Just tried some Thai and Chinese beer recently. Could have been worse. Wadadli is also worth a try.

I don't know a single thing about cigarettes though. Embarassed

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wurzgnubbel wrote:
You all don't know anything about beer!

Maybe we don't (I'm more into single malt scotch myself) but at least some of us cloggies seem to do. Very Happy Clicky

For me, the real masters of brewing beer are the Belgians though. So many tasteful doubles/ tripples and trappist brands .. If you want to taste real beer: that's the place to go.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

r2d2 wrote:

american beer is not just unpopular, it is derided by many british beer-drinkers as being indistinguishable from water.

That’s why I said I couldn’t understand why anybody would order a Coors Light. Now being in Texas, I’m a minority. Coors Light is very popular down here.

The first “light” beer introduced here in the US was Miller Lite. It’s slogan was “Less Filling, Tastes Great”. Miller wanted people to be able to drink more without getting filled up. In my opinion, that’s why people drink “light” beers. They can drink more. It’s nothing for somebody to get off work and have 6 bottles of Coors Light then go home.

I enjoy the taste of beer, a good beer. That’s why I can’t drink Coors Light. It’s like somebody took a “not so good” beer to begin with and then watered it down.

Parachute
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not a smoker, so regarding sigarettes I can't help.

However, if it comes to beer I would say 'ask a Belgian'. In Belgium almost 1000 different beers are produced. If the question is 'what is the best beer', I would refer to the Trappist beers. There are only seven (Westmalle, Westvleteren, Achel, Orval, Rochefort, Chimay and La Trappe) of them in the world, and their flavour is really remarkable (also their heavyness, you can drink two, and maybe three, but then it becomes very, very difficult to find that fourth beer you ordered ). Beer

I like very much Rochefort, and the best for me is the Rochefort 10. Unfortunately I have to limit my consumption, because even after one beer like that I can't think clearly anymore. I guess I am becoming a woossie Confused .

If it comes to volume, the best beers here in Belgium are Stella and Jupiler (and to a lesser extent Maes).
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most commercialized beers in the USA are piss.
I do approve of Samuel Adams beers though. For a larger brewer, they really do try and keep it as close to a microbrew-ish taste as possible.

Every country has a style that nobody else can really beat though.

To note though, when in the Czech Republic I did really enjoy their lagers/pilsners.
Ditto for Poland with Okocim and Zywiec.

Am planning a trip back to Austria in December and am very much so looking forward to a cold Steigl, it is impossible to find it in the states, and i couldn't bribe the Austrians to send me any.. Sad

Kolsch is also a wonderful beer to drink on a hot day. one of the better memories I will ever have is sitting outside a cafe in Cologne, sipping on a cold Kolsch with the Dom looming in the background. Ah memories! Very Happy

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now we're talking preferences in that case I can advice a "Pauwels Kwak" I have been longing for one since the day I finished the last one here some 8 years ago.

in Dutch/Vlaams http://www.bestbelgianspecialbeers.be/main_nl.html

cheers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic