SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A Hotel manager is holding me prisoner!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Doogie Houser
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys, this site rocks. I discovered the dating side of scams when a mate of mine past on sus details from a Nigerian scammer going by the name of Kateney Jack ([email protected]). After a quick bit of googling I discovered this name had gotten around and had bitten a few guys, although I'll never understand how anyone for the life of me could fall for it. Anyway, my friend queried a few contradictions in her previous emails so "she" decided to go for the kill earlier than usual:

Quote:
you are right about my profile on myspace. I did that recently while i was planning to move to America because i met a guy online before you who want me to come to in America but when he know i was in problem in west Africa he stop making contact with me but i never use it the profile. Honestly i did read your profile and i think when i delet my profile maybe the history was deleted too. Point of correction my ex left me almost 3 weeks ago not 2 months. I am seriously searching for the serious man.but i think you should really know whatt going on with me.But the issue is i am not sure about telling you what am going through but i want you to know i am not happy and i don't know if there is still good man out there. You bring alot of interest in me with the way you talk but i need to watch very well because of the pain i am going through and i don't want to fall in the same situation. I want you to know i am a very good young lady and i do respect my partner alot but doing that i have been cheated alot. Well i know we are searching for the same quality and i really like all what you had told me about you and i must tell you they were really lovely and inspiring, i guess we are both searching for the same kind of person but i don't think am good enough to be yours because you really sounded sincere, honest and fun to be with. Like i have told you I want you to know that i spent my week crying because of this bad condition i am now.But i wouldn't mind you helping me to find a solution to this and due to all what you have said in your last mail i know you are a good and caring man a woman will love to be with. But just like you've been sincere and honest to me i really have to be, because i know that after reading this mail i might not get an e-mail of your reply because of some thinks i did not tell you about me in my first mail and it would be so sad for me. because a friend of mine onces said all men are of the same they only want to share the good time and not the bad time,i hope your not like them. Well i didn't tell you all that happened between i and my ex-finance,thinking there was no need because by this time i would be back to and start a new life possible with someone like you,I want you to know i am not in AU.But on Monday last week after i have packed all my loads to leave, the hotel manager ended up seizing my international passport and return ticket and now am stuck in the hotel where i lodged with my ex finance. I really don't want to break your heart but i have to tell you all what happened,i know you'll be confused by now because i didn't tell you i wasn't in AU. Well it all started when i met Steven my ex finance whom i worked with as a photographer and he was one of the reason i left Mexico down to AU. We both became friends and soon after a while we became lovers for a year and half until he proposed to me and asked for my hands in marriage which i think i stupidly accepted because i had fallen deeply in love with the bastard and because he kept on lying to me telling me how he loved me,wanted me to have his babies for him and that we both grow old together.I just don't know how i could fall for a crap like that.But i guess love is blind. Well soon after i agreed the wedding plans began and we were to get married in April ending this year until he came and told me that he received a phone call from his family back home telling him that they wanted to meet me and know more about the lady their son was about marrying,that's how he got me because i fell for it and decided to meet his family and see where he grew up and secondly see the wild life in his country. And so we both went to his country because his not from AU but an African Nigeria, when we got to his country instead of him taking me directly to his family house he took me to an hotel where we lodged and that was where the crazy bastard took advantage over me,well i didn't know that i was about been married to a thief who was about robbing me which he eventually did. would you believe it....the bastard brought me to Africa only to rob me off my money and jewelries i brought over to Nigeria, i reported him to the police over here and they promised me not to worry that they would fine him in no time but up till now they've not said anything positive about finding him. Now i was suppose to return back to AU on Tuesday and start all over again but the hotel manager just seized my passport and return ticket and that's why i spent all day crying and now am very sad and not too feeling fine.I really would have loved to tell you more about myself and things i do for fun but i can't and am sorry i know not to have told you this earlier because i know i may not hear from you again and it would really be sad if that is it and all what you said about me is total not really what you meant but i just had to tell you the truth i just need someone right now to make me happy. Well you could call the hotel and ask of miss Kateney Jack, Room 43 or the white woman upstairs and i would be on to you,and maybe we could talk better on phone,i get to hear how your voice sounds like and you get to know how my voice sounds like, that's if your still interested in me after all.I just want you to know i truly have real interest in you but i don't know your mind after this. Bye and take care and also have a lovely day,i hope to hear from you..soon.The hotel phone number is +2348060708006 i don't know if its necessarily to use the plus sign or without but please try it either way. you could also speak to the hotel manager if you want his e-mail address is [email protected] and the phone number above his name is Mr James. Kateney.

Aside from being ridiculous, there's a certain "eww" factor as well; why would any guy who believed this rubbish want some Nigerians leftovers from a mere 3 weeks ago?
Feel free to have a crack at this one if you feel inspired to do so.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Doogie

Welcome to 419eater's romance department,

Glad to find your friend was able to avoid being scammed, thats great news.

Unfortunately these scammers are experienecd at what they do and many of their victims are vulnerable for a variety of reasons, in some cases they may have spent many years trying to find someone who will love them and tell them how wonderful they are and when somebody finnaly does it can melt their hearts as well as common sense.

As for Nigerian's leftovers, that is untrue on a couple of levels, the pictures they use are stolen in all but a very small percentatge of cases, the person in the photo is not who is writing to you and generally have no idea that they are being used in that way, it should also be noted that not all scammers are Nigerian, yes, many are but there is a good scattering of scammers all throughout the world but yes, Nigeria has become famous for it.

Your views are similiar to many others who stop by, when you get to deal with victims of these scams almost every day you do see things much differently.

Sorry to sound like I am picking on you, just educating to make you more effective, dont pick up your scammer on any mistakes they make, by doing this they can adjust their scripts to avoid detection in the future which will make them better at what they do, we pick them up on the things they do well and encourage undesirable behavior

There is a lot of great information in the Romance baiting FAQ that will give you some great hints for you to have some real fun and we are always happy to answer any questions you have.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Doogie Houser
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I've read the through the main threads, ethics of scambaiting etc. I'm working on one scammer right now, which I'll reveal in another thread.

Quote:
Unfortunately these scammers are experienecd at what they do and many of their victims are vulnerable for a variety of reasons, in some cases they may have spent many years trying to find someone who will love them and tell them how wonderful they are and when somebody finnaly does it can melt their hearts as well as common sense.

Yeah I guess I can understand that. My friend does qualify as one of those guys - even when I told him the deal and how you can have fun stringing these crooks along, he instead just chose to politely tell "her" that he didn't have any money (true) and that he didn't think things were gonna work out between them. So I think he was just deflated to learn that this person that he felt he had grown a bond with, didn't actually exist.

I think a lot of these guys are vulnerable like this because they actually don't have that much experience with talking to women. To me, any women whispering sweet nothings on a 2nd email ought to ring alarm bells lol. But as you say, we're talking at the extreme end of vulnerability.

Quote:
As for Nigerian's leftovers, that is untrue on a couple of levels, the pictures they use are stolen in all but a very small percentatge of cases, the person in the photo is not who is writing to you and generally have no idea that they are being used in that way, it should also be noted that not all scammers are Nigerian, yes, many are but there is a good scattering of scammers all throughout the world but yes, Nigeria has become famous for it.

OK, the point I was trying to make was that although you and I know that the photos are not of the person, and in reality is probably some grubby looking fellow, like Prince Joe Eboh lol. But the mugu who is sucked in believes that the person is real - and I can tell you that if I met a real girl who told me she had been used and abused by her Nigerian bf only a few days ago, it'd be like "eww, I'm not touching that train wreck!" But as you say, the mugus are vulnerable and even if the scammer tells them they are a practising prostitute, some mugus would still be lonely enough to pursue it anyway.

And unless I'm missing something, it must be a Nigerian scam because why else would the scammer claim to be white, yet claims to be holed up in Nigeria, presumably where the phone number links to, and presumably where the Western Union account would be held?

Quote:
Your views are similiar to many others who stop by, when you get to deal with victims of these scams almost every day you do see things much differently.

Sorry to sound like I am picking on you, just educating to make you more effective, dont pick up your scammer on any mistakes they make, by doing this they can adjust their scripts to avoid detection in the future which will make them better at what they do, we pick them up on the things they do well and encourage undesirable behavior

No you're quite right, and I am learning the game quickly. I don't hold contempt for everyone who is conned, however this particular tale told by "Kateney" seemed unusually ridiculous. The one who is currently trying to scam me is much slicker with its storyline. Appreciate the feedback, cheers.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somewhere buried in this site are instructions on how to read email headers, and also determine where the email actually came from.

You'd be surprised how quickly it unravels 90% of these scams, whether the person is pretending to be white, pink, martian, or invisible.

Laughing

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Post 6 of the romance FAQ if memory serves me Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your friend did right by politely but firmly dropping the scammer - they were using personal e-mail and such that links back to their actual identity.

Many victims and almost victims are embarrassed, hurt, angry and feel rejected yet again...it may take a little while but some of the best baiters were ones who were or almost were taken in by a scam - they have a score to settle.

Remember for yourself - the number one rule is to bait safely -- an e-mail account set up just for this with no real personal data attached to it.

Checking headers has confirmed to me every time that the person I was dealing with was in nigeria or ghana. So I KNEW it wasn't an innocent third party (ITP).

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic