SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

baiting craigslist scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
murfee77
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dont know if this is the appropriate forum but does any one have any tips on baiting craigslist scammers...i seem to be getting overwhelmed lately.
with these dirtbags
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, murfee, and welcome! (You're still new enough to say that to. Smile)

First off, if the scammers are contacting you regarding something you actually have for sale on Craigslist, don't bait them with your RL details.

You can (after reading stickies and being sure you are baiting safely) set up a new (safe) email address and reply as if they had contacted that person instead of you.

If they are going to send you a check for overpayment, be sure you have a safe address for the check to go to - if you're a Premium member (a mere $25 for a cool orange color to your username and a boatload of nifty perks) you can use a drop-box. Otherwise I'd suggest a nice safe fake address - don't use the address of an ITP like the police or local cat house. (That will only annoy someone else who doesn't deserve that kind of annoyance.)

Once the check has been sent and "received" you can proceed with Western Union, Moneygram, or bank transfer woes as usual. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic