SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dolla Chops- counterproductive?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scammy Scameroo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiting exists for us to have some fun and waste some scammer's time, so that they're spending less time on- and having less success with- real victims. I think we can all agree that the end goal of the perfect bait is for the lad to get so frustrated with the endless problems and complexities of their scams that they decide their chosen line of "work" simply isn't worth the effort, and they give up scamming altogether.

With this in mind, I'm not sure Dolla Chops are such a great idea.

Whilst chopping a lad's dolla obviously frustrates them and puts a major spanner into the works of their scam, it DOESN'T go any way to convincing them that the CONCEPT of scamming a victim is a flawed one. On the contrary, it sends them the message that if they were just better, if they tried harder and practised more, they would be raking in the money like Mr G0mer.

If the money were being "intercepted" by Western Union staff, or by customs or some officials somewhere, it would send a different message- but it never is. The lad is always chopped by another lad, and that just seems to say "Hey look, scamming works REALLY WELL once you get good at it".

I'm not sure how much this helps our cause...

"YOU ARE FUCKING DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEING." - International property tycoon

"Once again reset all your email informations in other to afford your box been stolen by the men of the underworld." - Chrissy, my phished friend
<br>
Chrissy's M7CN S3cur3 World Record is currently at: 167 + 1214 + 181 + 167 + 172 + 204 + 159 + 359 + 182 + 1 = 2806 clicks!
<br>
Mexican Flag United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x 5
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Food for thought, but I'm not sure it's anything other than a drop in the ocean. The lads are getting that message every day, just by looking around them. Dollar Chops really happen, otherwise it wouldn't work as well as it does, and I am sure all lads know lads who are outrageously successful.

If our cause is to stop scammers scamming, then we are a horrible failure. The number of scammers that have been suspected of giving up while I've been a member here could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand. Even then, those were probably not previously hard-core successful scammers. They were probably newbies still waiting for their first big payday.

What we do is to make them ineffective, by wasting their time, de-educating them and educating their victims. One way to de-educate them while wasting their time is to pull them into the Mr Gomer fantasy world.

Today 419 pays. It is impossible for us to tell lads that it doesn't because the evidence is all around them. Just maybe, one day 419 wont pay. They wont need us to tell them that either; they'll just fade away and we can all go and get a life.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think thud has an excellent point. They are only there for the money. They know a lot of success can be made from victims, that's why they are career criminals.

They are always going to push the boat out, just as you would if you were hankering for a promotion.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

$-chopps must not be educativ in the way you mention - read as .. you just have to be better in your job.... If we teach them, what we want to teach them. and demoralize.

example: in a massbait the other day, lad wanted to stick on WU etc. after a $-chop through anotha guy, who `has providet an bank-account`and got the money send to, our lad was happy to quickly serve some accounts too.

and the tricks of this other guyman he cannot learn - except he manages to learn how to exist solely in imagination and cyberspace and read the thoughts of the other lad.
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dollar chops are a nice way to try and create paranoia amongst the lads. Was there someone looking over his shoulder in the internet cafe? Was it his oversees contact that ripped him off? Or maybe the guy sitting next to him? Is the internet cafe owner tapping email traffic? Did someone install a keylogger or trojan on his PC? Did he forget to log out of his email account? I don't see a downside to this, it might even make him stop working together with his scamming pals, and make him less effective that way.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Scammy Scameroo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^I suppose that's key to this issue, isn't it? If we can chop a lad's dolla, and at the same time use the opportunity to de-educate him, then the chop is worthwhile.

Thud has a very valid point, the evidence of the success of 419 is there with or without us. Our goal should be to make them inefficient, to make them worse at what they do... so, if we happened to send the money to Mr G0mer because Mr G0mer came to meet us at the airport, or he gave us three bank accounts, or he went through M7CN S3cur3, then the chop could well be worthwhile- as long as the lad "learns" from it.

I read a post a while ago where someone mentioned teaching the lads new phrases, for example "take what I am saying with a huge grain of salt", which they thought meant "I am telling the truth". The idea being that the things you teach them are carried over long after the end of the bait, and could save a real victim by instilling some doubt about the lad's legitimacy. I suppose the intense paranoia that a chop raises in the lad's mind will carry over from scam to scam, and that can only be a good thing.

Whilst a plain chop- "I sent the money to your friend"- isn't necessarily very helpful, a bit more detail- "I sent it to him because he did ___" certainly could be.

In summary... I'm convinced. Chop away!

"YOU ARE FUCKING DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEING." - International property tycoon

"Once again reset all your email informations in other to afford your box been stolen by the men of the underworld." - Chrissy, my phished friend
<br>
Chrissy's M7CN S3cur3 World Record is currently at: 167 + 1214 + 181 + 167 + 172 + 204 + 159 + 359 + 182 + 1 = 2806 clicks!
<br>
kallepromp
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's a nice thing to let them have the gohst G0mer in their mind, and that he actually do the ch0p-ch0p-song some times.
That also justify my paranoia, and i can "demand" more documentation and ID-stuff before i have to walk down to WU again.. Cool

Quote:
LESS I FORGET I WANT YOU TO FORWARD THE MR G0MER ID CARD WITH HIS FAMILY PICTURE WHICH HE SENT TO YOU,I WILL SEND IT ACROSS TO THE COMPANY ATTORNEY BARRISTER FIDELIS 0KAF0R ,SO THAT HE CAN TRACE HIM WITH (EFCC) BECAUSE HE IS TRYING TO TAMINATE THE IMAGE OF THIS COMPANY CALLED ALINC0 SECURITY C0MPANY,HE WILL PAY BACK YOUR MONEY THAT YOU SEND TO HIM,WHEN WE GET HIM ARRESTED WE WILL UPDATE YOU.

REMAIN BLESS

DAVID J0E
Scammy Scameroo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^That's an interesting point. The moments immediately following a Dolla Chop are the one time when the normal rules of "never send ID to a lad" are suspended, because they're EXPECTING fake ID. So that's an opportunity to create and send literally the worst pile of toss you can conceive, something that wouldn't even trick a particularly stupid prawn, and let the lad know that it "looks genuine" to you.

With any luck, they'll copy it and use it themselves... Smile

<br>
<br>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic