SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Needed: Craigslist scam

View next topic
View previous topic

riskyfreedeal
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone have an address for a Craigslist scammer? I'd like to give one a go.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look in Surplus where you'll see a number of Craigslist scams identified. You may have to ask the poster for the email address however.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Wang Chung
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a good one I've been messing with for weeks with various email address. She/he/whatever was trying to get me to ship my iPhone out to her. She was also willing to pay 1250 for a PS3.

[email protected] Spam away!
whajushappen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craigslist is the very reason I started baiting, all I wanted to do was sell
one Sunfish Sailboat, never sold the boat on craigslist, the only people
that answered the ad were check scams, I tried two different counties..

So now I still keep the ad up for the Sunfish, but use a gmail address
with my baiter name now, and the fun just keeps rolling in, one check
trophy after the next.

They should rename Craigslist to Scamslist, Its allmost better then
putting your baiter name on a guest book...

Just place an add for an over priced laptop or cell phone, and they will
get around to you in no time at all.

Just be sure to use a safe baiting email address.
Wang Chung
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol me too. I get rid of a lot of junk on CL. half are real and half are scamming mugu's
ZER0
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new to the site, and signed up after my friend put the e-mail I received through google and got a post on 419eater. After looking through the site, I decided I had to sign up immediately. So here's my e-mail, in response to my inquiry on the pay for a one-line "House cleaner" position put on craigslist. I have yet to respond, as I have been waiting for a response to the e-mail I sent before I knew it was 100% a scam. So here you go:

His e-mail address:
[email protected]

His original message:

Quote:
Hello,

I'm Micheal Mangrum & my wife's name is Shayla Mangrum, she's 5 months pregnant and this is our first baby.. We are relocating to the States from the Australia. I will be coming there to work on contract basis with United States Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work. So i need someone who could help me take care of house by doing some house work while am off to work. Someone that will also help in running some errands.

I will be offering you $450 monthly, I will be needing your services from three hours at any suitable time of yours, Bi-weekly, on weekends, either Saturdays or Sundays. I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and good person.

We have a financier that is based in the states and he will be handling the payment and some other expenses. So he will be the one that will be taking care of your the payment. I will instruct him to pay for the first month upfront before my arrival so as to secure your service, actually i should have paid for more months but i will extend the payment if am satisfy with your service after the first month.

My financier will be making out a check to you before my arrival, you will be receiving a Certified Check of $1550 out which you will deducting your pay for the first month and you will be using the remaining to buy foodstuffs and other things needed in the house. You will getting this foodstuff on the day of our arrival which is 30th of June 2009. Actually all flights from the Australia arrives at nights so you will be getting the foodstuff in the morning and making all other preparations.

I will also instruct my estate agent to mail the keys of the apartment to you so that you can do all other necessary preparations before we arrive. I will also email you the shopping list. You have to get all this shopping before our arrival so that we wont have to start running around when we arrive. So my financier would be needing the following Information to make out the payments.

# Full Name:
# Home or Office Address:
# City:
# State:
# Zip Code:
# Cell/Phone Number:

Do you accept my offer?

All i need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work. You will also have a nice period of working with my wife.

I will be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks,

Micheal Mangrum.

(+61) 240 171 240

Good stuff. If you google "Michael Mangrum," you'll get a wrestler doing a backflip or something similar from California in a city near Sacramento (I found this on the Sac. craigslist). I love the language, and plan on keeping this one going as long as I can.

Enjoy!
Caligula
small sausage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello zero, welcome to eater, your new addicting hobby. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, most people here won't bite. As a newcomer myself i advise you to have a look in eater university, sign up for a mentor, and get as creative as possible. Have fun and bait safe!

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
BattleHawk77
Master of Master Baiters

Location: 7.2° N, 5.9° E, FL410, Heading 230, aboard Striker 419

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ZERO:
I find it funny that he said "All flights from Australia arrive in the evening." Being one that has aviation as another hobby, I know that any flights from Australia actually arrive to the US West Coast rather early in the morning, like around 7 or 8am. Razz

"THank you so much for this update and I am very mush happy to know that the bank has conted you. Please do send them all the required informations today along with the fees as mentioned. This is to make sure that you make ahead of time."
"I only signed for your trnasfer approval due to that i want you to proof to you we dont run a scam here and we wont tolerate that words from you anymore."

Closed lad accounts x6, with thanks to James and Joseph
First site kill
United KingdomNigeriaUnited StatesSpainCambodia FlagBenin

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic