SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A GMail lad?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BattleHawk77
Master of Master Baiters

Location: 7.2° N, 5.9° E, FL410, Heading 230, aboard Striker 419

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine is looking for an apartment and came across a listing on Craigslist. However, it's a scam. The lad used a real address of a house someone has for sale and claimed he had to relocate from the US to England, as he is an x-ray welder (so he can scam and weld? Quite a talented lad!) and needs someone to rent out "his" house. Well, my friend noticed how the email was in broken English and asked me about it. Sure enough, when she forwarded me the email, it had scam written all over it.
I went to go look at the headers for the message, and could find nothing and it took me a second to figure out why: the lad has a Gmail account, so there is no way I can find out where he is sending his mail from. Fortunately, he left a phone number in the message.

Here is the message, for your reading pleasure. Please do not call or email him with all sorts of outrageous offers or inquiries about the house for rent. Twisted Evil

Quote:

I have edited the address out, but if you really want to bait this guy, shoot me a PM and I can provide the actual address.

And, for what it's worth, the actual owner of the house at the address listed knows about the scam, and even made mention of it in his voice mail recording, and the listing on Craigslist has been flagged for removal.

Edit: Searching his phone number came up with some interesting hits about electronics for sale at low prices. In one of the listings, I came up with a non-Gmail account: Please do not feel free to contact him on this account. Twisted Evil

"THank you so much for this update and I am very mush happy to know that the bank has conted you. Please do send them all the required informations today along with the fees as mentioned. This is to make sure that you make ahead of time."
"I only signed for your trnasfer approval due to that i want you to proof to you we dont run a scam here and we wont tolerate that words from you anymore."

Closed lad accounts x6, with thanks to James and Joseph
First site kill
United KingdomNigeriaUnited StatesSpainCambodia FlagBenin
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic