SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Regional/Local Foods

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@RC
Black pud ( from Bury market natch) is nice whether eaten hot or raw mmmmm!! Very Happy

Here in Brum its got to be a balti!! For our american colleagues its a curry served in a steel bowl. No rice, the balti is scooped up with either chappattis or a naan bread.

Heres a pic of a balti as well Very Happy

http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/final-word/balti_bc.png

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hushpuppies, another thing that is either awful, or bland, but occasionally superior. (hard to find good ones, that are delicious enough to eat by itself, instead of some afterthought formed of a litlte cornmeal and thrown on a plate with BBQ, fish, or whatever.)

ONION RINGS,....real ones, not flaked and formed crap. Razz

I miss the 'grouper fingers' I used to get at a small cafe in the Tampa area....fresh breaded, meaty, sweet.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This area here has been mainly famous for :

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Frumpy, we are having some of that for our dinner: Very Happy

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/eater_photos/100_0878.jpg

Front left, scallop potatoes! On the right, sausage sauted with onion, green pepper and we will have sliced tomatoes with that. Back right is a beef and veg stew that I am throwing together for the next few days. I need to add tomatoes, V-8 juice and seasonings. Wink

Btw, I have 2 of those angels and she needs to go outside with her sister. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like your taste! No doubt about that!

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My military son flew in for an extended weekend so his girlfriend came over to cook for us. She made a bacon and spinach quiche, Chicken Provencal, leeks in drawn butter, canapes, and Boulangere Potatoes. Maybe it was the Cabernet that I am no longer used to drinking but I had an honest Ratatouille moment when I mouthed a bite of quiche that had soaked up some butter. I had a flashback to my childhood when I first had quiche, made by a friend of my fathers. I remembered the summer day when I was 8 years old when he served us lunch. He was the executive chef for a series of restaurants, 5 star hotels and even the White House. I heard later that he had a terrible temper and could not keep a job but he could cook. The flavors, textures and emotions were so intense I had to close my eyes.

Food from around here? They have this spiced up version of scrapple called chorizo. They mix it with eggs and wrap a tortilla around it in the morning. Another thing popping up all over is Pho. Its like the Saimen served in McDonalds in Hawaii but in huge bowls.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I love black pudding also.

Not a local dish, but I've developed a taste for fresh scallops shallow fried with chorizo sausage.

Well, the local butcher makes his own chorizo, so you could say it's a local dish. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Around here we have the beer boiled (Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss makes a wick good brat!) bratwurst served on a brat bun with sauerkraut and mustard. Some butcher shops have more than 50 varieties of bratwurst!

Another regional dish is booyah, a "Belgian" chicken soup (using a brown stock, possibly beef), usually cooked at large church functions in 50 gallon wood fired kettles.

We also have the random trout boil which can vary from community to community on which day it occurs.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stepan Fetchit wrote:
Hushpuppies, another thing that is either awful, or bland, but occasionally superior.

Eating shoes, that IS gross!

Hush Puppies

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a brat for lunch. I remember buying brats on the street in Germany ages ago, speared through the center of a hard roll.

RC, some 'hushpuppies' probably don't taste as good as shoes.

The story behind 'hushpuppies' is they originated from fried pieces of dough or cornmeal cooked in hunting camps, and thrown to the dogs to keep them quiet. Today they would probably be called 'STFU puppies.'

I did have once an excellent version, but gentrified, and called 'corn fritters', ....fresh kernels of sweetcorn added in, seasoned perfectly.

Oh lord, I just remembered the cinnamon bread at the old Mercury Cafe in Denver, the old one, on capitol hill.

Wish the wife would come home, I'm ready for dinner.

Confused

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Along with the acursed crabs,you would drink National Beer(much better than the crabs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3gJgnsQYEM .Sit through the intro,the commercials are worth it.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am surprised that no one has mentioned putrid shark yet

wikipedia wrote:
Hákarl is traditionally prepared by gutting and beheading a Greenland or basking shark and placing it in a shallow hole dug in gravelly-sand, with the now-cleaned cavity resting on a slight hill. The shark is then covered with sand and gravel, and stones are then placed on top of the sand in order to press the shark. The fluids from the shark are in this way pressed out of the body. The shark ferments for 6-12 weeks depending on the season in this fashion. Following this curing period, the shark is then cut into strips and hung to dry for several months. During this drying period a brown crust will develop, which is removed prior to cutting the shark into small pieces and serving.

Chef Anthony Bourdain ... has described shark þorramatur as "the single worst, most disgusting and terrible tasting thing" he has ever eaten.

Chef Gordon Ramsay ... vomited after eating hákarl

Larson
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think most people, when thinking of foods from my country (Norway), think of our christmas foods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A5rik%C3%A5l
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnekj%C3%B8tt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Many find them wierd, but they are actually quite delicious.

If you should find yourself in Norway and are feeling brave, you should also try smalahove. Laughing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smalahove

listen i don't beg you money if you don't interested through this transaction please kindly remove your hand and stop contact me - Razak Konan, Malaysia
OK BYE AND NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN FUCK YOUR MUMMY BOTTOM , MUST THIS NIGHT MARK IT SOME WHERE, OK. - Simon Legree / Christopher Moore, Nigeria
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think this cake is specific to any region, but since this is a food thread I wanted to share it. Someone brought it to a cookout and it has to be one of the best cakes I've eaten.....ever Very Happy

Pineapple/Walnut Cake with Buttercream Icing:

2 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. whole walnuts
2 eggs
1 tsp (real) Vanilla
1 (20oz. can unsweetened pineapple with juice

Frosting:

1 (8oz.) cream cheese, softened (I used 1-1/4 block)
1 (8oz.) stick butter softened (sweet cream/salted) don't use margarine
1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Mix the dry & wet ingredidents separately. Combine & add the walnuts.
Spread in a sprayed 9 x 13 pan & bake @ 350 degrees for 35 - 40 mins. (check at 35) Make the frosting, reserving the chopped walnuts. Spread on to hot cake. Sprinkle with the nuts. De-Licious Very Happy

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I have made that one and it is the best. jump_4_joy

Lovey was going thru our pics and he says, "Honey, are you taking pics of our food now?" I said, "Yes, for my eater friends!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For a small state, NJ has a bit of a food culture all of its own. One of the most commonly mentioned is Taylor ham or "pork roll".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

We also grow some of the best tomatoes and corn. http://www.state.nj.us/jerseyfresh/

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^The 'Garden State' license plate Very Happy

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Madhatter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Must admit, from england here, the midlands area.

i adore Mince beef casserole (full of spices, herbs and veg)

Yorkshire pudding and mash pots

Also my fav everyone forgets is .........

Mr Brains Faggots in a west country sauce, mash pots and mushy peas, it's awesome

And yes the Faggots are reals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Madhatter wrote:

Mr Brains Faggots in a west country sauce, mash pots and mushy peas, it's awesome

I've had that, and it is good.
Also from Warwickshire, is plum jerkum or jercum, a cider made from plums. My Mum makes a plum cider, a plum liquor and a plum beer using honey and the fruit of the prunus ume. My brother and I were served the plum honey beer for Christmas and he properly identified it as a variant of the locally made prison product called pruno.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Prairie Oysters", seasonal, but a delicacy where we live. Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic