SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do they really think this is believable?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've comeback to scambaiting as I now have more free time and received a email from a T1M Mcc@rr0n who is apparently the CO of the R0yal Ir1sh Regiment. (RIR)

However he states he is a major. I can't see a major being the CO.

Its your classic help us move boxes of cash scam with the amount being $15mil apparently taken from deceased soldiers. Now first off why would a British regiment be using dollars. Secondly in Iraq there have only been 140 British deaths (BBC website as of 30th april 2009). So thats roughly just over $100,000 per a soldier.

Oh and just out of interest I googled the RIR and they have been serving in Afghanistan since 2006 and are currently in the UK awaiting rotation back to Afghanistan. Rolling Eyes
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't believe the money part!

But, as for the rest: I don't even know what a CO is, so would easily believe that a Major is one.

As I was taught in school that Northern Ireland (only) is part of the UK, but not 'British' (it is Great Britain AND Northern Ireland that makes up the UK), then the 140 British deaths would seem irrelevant, and I'd have no idea how many Irish deaths there might be - or whether the Major was also collecting the money from soldiers from other parts of the world that did use dollars.

I don't google everything I'm told about. Tell me that you are part of the Raging Hippos Touring Dance Troop, and I'll believe you: not google it to see if it exists, and whether it is in your country or China right now.

So, if I believed the money part, and all those millions just waiting to come my way, then yes, I could easily believe the rest. And I'm not even particularly stupid. Not usually, anyway.

I do know what you mean, of course! There are some scam letters I receive that just seem incredibly unbelievable to me. But one person's knowledge is another person's ignorance. Which is why they can still 'work'.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the moment I'm just going to straight bait for a little while although I may tell him I collect military photos and would like a photo of a hovertank to see what he does.

CO is commanding officer and they are normal Colonels ot something like that. The RIR isn't actually Irish anymore. It may have been several decades ago but now its just a name (theres also a highland regiment for the Scots) and they tend to be made up of everyone. It is based in England as well.

I suppose it just annoyed me as I'm from a slightly military family.
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^You could play dumb and tell him you're quite impressed that he's the highest holding Canopy Officer in the British regiment. It's certainly a lofty position, you know Wink

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CO is commanding officer
http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/3409.aspx

I think it would be a Colonel, below that Lieutentant Colonel, Major, Captain, Lieutenant etc.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic