SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

It had to happen I supppose

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been using eBay for the last few years with no problems at all. Last night I put a brand new mobile phone up for auction. I get up this morning and check my email. Great, I've sold the phone. Problem is, the buyer sends me this email:

Quote:
I AM KENNEDY WHITE FROM HOLLAND. I SAW YOUR ITEM BELOW AND I WILL LIKE TO BUY IT FOR MY DAUGHTER THAT WILL BE DOING HER BIRTHDAY IN NIGERIA NEXT WEEK. SO MAIL ME NOW THE AMOUNT YOU WILL BE SELLING IT. DONT WORRY ABOUT THE SHIPMENT I WILL SEND YOU A UPS SHIPMENT RECIEPT AND LABEL SO THAT YOU CAN JUST PRINT IT OUT AND PASTE IT ON THE PACKAGE THEN TAKE IT TO THE UPS OFFICE TO SHIP IT WITHOUT YOU PAYING ANY FEE OK? I WILL BE PAYING YOU THROUGH WESTERN UNION POSTAL MONEY ORDER SO MAIL ME NOW BECASUE ITS URGENT.SO MAIL ME NOW WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO MAKE PAYMENT IMMEDAITELY

Not only has this particular scammer chose the wrong person to try his scam out on, of course he didn't bother to read my terms which include that my auction is a UK only one, and that Western Union is NOT welcome etc.

Time to contact eBay, and also add another scammer to me baiting list Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.

Last edited by Shiver Metimbers on Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total
chrisd234
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've you'd like a secure mailing address to recieve post let me know!
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you'll find I already have one Wink

chrisd234
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I figured the Master already had one...never hurts to try though... I aching to try it out!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
DONT WORRY ABOUT THE SHIPMENT I WILL SEND YOU A UPS SHIPMENT RECIEPT AND LABEL SO THAT YOU CAN JUST PRINT IT OUT AND PASTE IT ON THE PACKAGE THEN TAKE IT TO THE UPS OFFICE TO SHIP IT WITHOUT YOU PAYING ANY FEE OK?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Good Luck!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz
philakadoos
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

was wondering if it were not a good idea to spend the price of a pint on one of those little toy plastic mobile phones they sell in cheap toy stores and sending that to him. I'm sure his daughter would be delighted!

tritium
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Of all the guys he picks as a target of a scam... Rolling Eyes Please make him suffer. Preferably, load up a box with a brick or two and put a value of $5,000 on it. Of course, since he has already agreed to pay shipping, what's there to lose? Twisted Evil

The Modest Mugu: "My dear,You are making me to fall laughter any time any day.Your words concerning black mens pennis,I dont really know.but people arround the world says that black man pennis is big.Anyway,I have not seen white mens pennis but to my own understanding it is the same God that created us all."

A Scared Lad: "his me nog peter i think some one have just hack my box and is nname is usman bello..."
jez
Town Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shiver, I'm just wondering how you've managed to escape this for so long!

"Here writes Lady Helen Brooks, suffering from cancerous ailment without a child. I am married to Sir Silas Brooks an Englishman who is dead"
"Here writes Ghayth Faiza, suffering from cancerous ailment. I am married to Watson Ghayth an Arabian who is dead."
Oz_Baiter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the only thing i have to say is that it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Of all the people in the world to scam, and he chooses Shiver. Shocked

Could his luck GET any worse Laughing

Gone fishin'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a very stupid question, but how is this scam supposed to work? I know how counterfeit check scams work but i don't understand this one:

He'll pay via western-union -> he can't get his money back
He'll pay for shipping -> same

a few fakes killed (i've stopped counting at 3500 ...: United Kingdom Nigeria Netherlands Spain United States Bahamas, The Ivory Coast Cayman Islands South Africa Turks and Caicos Isle Of Man Ghana Germany Senegal Ukraine Spain Switzerland Flag Monaco Togo Ireland Aruba United Nations Canada Luxembourg Benin France New Zealand Belgium Grenada Andorra Sweden ... Mugu Reseller x 12 Jolly Roger x 11 Mortar
Scampatrol.org : Victim Support
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crickey, he is in for a shock. Twisted Evil

Keep us posted.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
moogoo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can always use this as inspiration. It's the funniest damn thing I've ever read.

http://www.p-p-p-powerbook.com/
CrimsonSapien
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes we allready know about the tale about the p-p-p-powerbook.

http://www.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8459

Thanks anyhow.

Btw, Welcome to the Forums!

If you have Lads running US military type scams. Feel free to <a href="/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=1753">send them to me.</a> Twisted Evil
Urangatan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Captain Igloo wrote:
Just a very stupid question,

I must be stupid too, as I can't see the problem. Do you not get cash with a "WESTERN UNION POSTAL MONEY ORDER" ? Or is it going to be a fake.

If it's a fake won't WU reject it immidiatly if you ask them to verify it?

What exactly are the modalities here? Very Happy

U.
Smile
CrimsonSapien
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VERY stupid scammer wrote:
I WILL BE PAYING YOU THROUGH WESTERN UNION POSTAL MONEY ORDER SO MAIL ME NOW BECASUE ITS URGENT.SO MAIL ME NOW WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO MAKE PAYMENT IMMEDAITELY

If I understand correctly, he is going to send Shiver a fake Money order. Shiver is expected to cash the MO and then send the stuff, days later he is contacted by his bank because his MO doesn't clear. He ends up losing the cell phone and any balance left over he may have been asked by the scammer to send.

Problem is the Scammer would have allot easier life if he would just play "6 pull solo Russian roulette" then take a chance with Shiver. Laughing

If you have Lads running US military type scams. Feel free to <a href="/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=1753">send them to me.</a> Twisted Evil
Captain Igloo
Gone fishin'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, since the other person wants to use weestern union, there's no way that the money order is revoked later-on, at least not as far as i know WU works.
The only thing i can see it working is: he sends a faked money and inists on having the phone shipped before Shive can cash the MO.

a few fakes killed (i've stopped counting at 3500 ...: United Kingdom Nigeria Netherlands Spain United States Bahamas, The Ivory Coast Cayman Islands South Africa Turks and Caicos Isle Of Man Ghana Germany Senegal Ukraine Spain Switzerland Flag Monaco Togo Ireland Aruba United Nations Canada Luxembourg Benin France New Zealand Belgium Grenada Andorra Sweden ... Mugu Reseller x 12 Jolly Roger x 11 Mortar
Scampatrol.org : Victim Support
RevJCS
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[

Not only has this particular scammer chose the wrong person to try his scam out on, of course he didn't bother to read my terms which include that my auction is a UK only one, and that Western Union is NOT welcome etc.

Time to contact eBay, and also add another scammer to me baiting list Smile[/quote]

I still get many prospective 'foreign buyers' for my Honda motorcycle which I flogged to a nice gent in Lancashire over a year ago, I even crossed the border to deliver to him personally ... it does give me a LOT of fun though and relieves the lads of some of those unwanted bent cheques which all go to the Commission For Racial Equality in Birmingham ... I hope they don't try to cash them as that would be fraud wouldn't it. I suspect that the 'lads' have infiltrated the CRE ... but then I'm probably biased or racist or have some other non-PC personality defect that I must endeavour to suppress one of these days according to the Neo-Nazi-Liberal orthodoxy. Wait a moment though .. I DID sell my bike to a LANC AND CROSS THE YORKS/LANCS DMZ ... and me a devout YORKIE so I must be free of any racially motivated taint ! ;o)

Colour Sgt. Bourne ... 'Zulu !'
Charlie Fake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The CRE are also the recipients of scam letters, faxes and mugu phone calls.
RevJCS
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The CRE is a front for Nigerian 419 Advance Fee Fraudsters ... remember, you heard it here first !

(The CRE are the biggest fraudsters of all of course)

Colour Sgt. Bourne ... 'Zulu !'
teddythewonderlizard
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RevJCS wrote:
...and me a devout YORKIE so I must be free of any racially motivated taint ! ;o)

You looked like a Derbyshire lad to me! Laughing
Zapmaster
Wang Qin Baiter

Location: Member in good standing of the Ayers Rock Surf Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh gawd.

He tried a scam.

And tried it on THE scambaiter.

Sort of like ... I dunno, waving a pistol around when the President's visiting, and there's already been an assassination scare.

Or walking into a biker bar and trying to pick up the biggest, hairiest, ugliest one there (being a male, of course).

Basically, he deserves everything he gets.

Mike, if you don't make this mugu VERY sorry ... I shall be extremely disappointed in you.

Not that I'm very worried on that account Mr. Green

Current score:
[mask:1]Bruce Goanna[/mask:1] - 5.
[mask:1]Wang Qin[/mask:1] - 0. Easter Egg 2011

Bank kills: United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Netherlands
Mortar x3
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have already assigned some spare time for him Twisted Evil

Harry Covair
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My word. I wonder if Joe E-boh is needing a new phone?

"Rachel: So as far as Rackspaces stance is concerned, they are doing everything within the rights of the AUP"

Ivory Coast x3 Senegal x1 Netherlands x10 Nigeria x3 Canada x6 Bahamas, The x2 Ghana x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x5 Panama x1 Switzerland x2 Cayman Islands x1
Mountain Cat 1M
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep us posted of the e-bay scammer who walking into the lion's den blindfolded.

You gotta like side-projects like this one for example hehe

- "I have send the tie with the address you gave me through Fedex courrier service. Infact i even add it one more to make it two"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic