SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Advance Fee Fraud? - You guys are the experts!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Custard Test
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok so here is the story. I have looked at the stickes etc and can't seem to find one that says this should be posted elswhere.

I think I have discovered a scam and you guys seem to know what you are about so I am asking the experts:

first the site http://www.dreamislandtvproductions.com/index.htm?gclid=CLyb-6zx_JoCFRZM5QodCl1leA

They want contestants for a dream chance of a lifetime. simply complete a form and if they like your application you get a call. Next thing they are asking for a "commitment fee" of £29.75. In all my years I ahve nver been asked for this and immediatly my suspicions are raised.

You guys know what you are doing. I have checked out companies house and they have 2 addresses. One in london for a mail forwarding company and one that seems to stink of scam. I googled the address and got links to 2Suckers Wanted". John Harvey House, Foundry Square, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4HH.

Now I have probably answered my own question but my concern is that this site is up and running and taking cash of hopefuls for a TV show.

I have contacted watchdog but don't expect help from them. Do you guys know where I should report this? I know this is not your normal kind of thig but someone might just be able to help me find the people I should be raising this with.

Thanks for your time.
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It certainly smacks of being a fraud, the office address is a multi-ocuupancy site. But the sites designer is actually bragging about his design of the website :- http://www.jordanweeks.com/design/news/dream-island-tv.html

My time is up ....
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why does this set my scam radar off
Quote:
Date of Incorporation: 30/04/2009

Well established company then!

Also its somewhat difficult to reconcile this statement
Quote:
With respect to security, we always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.

with the reality that there is absolutely no security on the site at all. Check out http://www.dreamislandtvproductions.com/content/become-a-contestant.htm for instance!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted this site in the FB section to have site killing experts look into it.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166463

Also it looks like there might be two sites with the same content. See also: www.dreamislandtvproductions.co.uk

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
fashmo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this site is legit

Quote:
Name & Registered Office:
DREAM ISLAND TV PRODUCTIONS LIMITED
JOHN HARVEY HOUSE
FOUNDRY SQUARE
HAYLE
CORNWALL
ENGLAND
TR27 4HH
Company No. 06893249

Date of Incorporation: 30/04/2009 <<<<<<<<<@musicman

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

All other pointers point to cornwall
Website designer http://www.jordanweeks.com/design/

From http://suckerswanted.blogspot.com/2007/05/ukfx-online-ltd.html

Dates back to 2007
Address probably used because legit currency company based at said address http://www.torfx.com/index.htm
Quote:
Registrant:
Tor Currency Exchange Ltd
John Harvey House
Foundary Square
Hayle, Cornwall TR27 4HH
GB

@custard test Are they or your take on the "supposed scam"
Quote:
Next thing they are asking for a "commitment fee" of £29.75

The correction regarding your gender is noted.
The word sir is an official rerm used as a mark of respect irrespective of sex

Send to me your private phone number so as to enable me talk to you earball to earbell

Easter Egg 2013United Kingdom x 2
Italy x 1 Wheel of Rome
Netherlands x 1
Custard Test
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fashmo wrote:

@custard test Are they or your take on the "supposed scam"
Quote:
Next thing they are asking for a "commitment fee" of £29.75

sorry for the delay replying, I really struggled to get on the site until now. Yes it is legit. the email i received says exactly that:

hMailServer ; Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:59:42 +0100
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:59:42 +0100
Subject: Dream Island Application
To: <removed>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Return-Path: [email protected]

Dear Miss xxxxxx

Further to the telephone conversation with one of our researchers on 2009-05-20, we are pleased to inform you that we are now ready to proceed with the next stage of your on-line audition process.

To give us the opportunity to build up a complete profile of you; we have assigned you a unique Contestant ID and Password which you can use to log into a members-only area of our site. You will need to login using the link on the menu at the top of our website, or go directly to www.DreamIslandTVProductions.com/content/login.php where you can use the following details to enter the site:

Contestant ID: removed
Password: removed

Once you log in, you will be presented with a list of tasks you need to complete in support of your application. Firstly, we would like to find out a bit more about you. You will find a link on your profile to a more detailed questionnaire which gives us a chance to really get to you know you. None of the questions are compulsory, however we would urge you to answer as much as you can as this is your chance to stand out and really catch our judges attention!

There has been a fantastic response to our casting call so far and we are getting interest from far and wide. Some production companies ask that applicants travel to a central audition venue and join the massed ranks of potential contestants waiting in cramped conditions until they are called forward for their interview. As our production team are located in the Westcountry, we do not wish to put you to the expense and inconvenience of travelling so we conduct all the preliminary auditions online. With the average cost of a return rail ticket from London Paddington at well in excess of GBP 80.00 the online audition saves both time and money.

In light of this, we are asking for a small commitment consideration of GBP 29.75 (or local currency equivalent) to ensure us that the applicants we have are committed and serious about the on-line audition process. Further more you will get to keep your audition video show reel for your own use in the future.

Once we have received this and your completed questionnaire, we will move onto the video presentation which is where the fun really starts! Look out for more information coming your way soon.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!

Richard Cook
Dream Island TV Productions
Casting Manager

Hope i removed all the personal info, I am not very good with deciphering email headers!
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to backup the opinion that this is legit, I had an AdWords advert appear on GMail this morning for www.DreamIslandTVProductions.com.

I've never seen a scammer who would go to all the bother of setting up adwords accounts.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately you aso removed the IP addresses! Can you repost the headers with IP addresses intact please - and in the meantime, hang on to your money Smile

Purple Flower
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Careful... I don't have a good feeling about it. I don't live in the U.K. but it talks about 'previous TV shows' they have produced with no specifics, do those exist? There doesn't seem to be a single specific fact on the site. All the pictures on the site seem to be stock photos...

Quote:
What makes this reality show different is that our contestants will not be subjected to eating grubs or humiliated in exposing their shortcomings in public but rather they will be exposed to the rich and lavish lifestyle enjoyed by only a fraction of wealthy people. This puts most participants out of their comfort zone and into the extravagant zone. Let’s all see how they adapt to this luxuriant lifestyle.
Confused

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This feels like an advance fee fraud, but not a "Nigerian" scam. My guess is that this is a home-grown British scam. I think they will do all the on-line auditions and then the project will be dropped or put on the back-burner. I don't see anywhere on the website that they announce which channels are picking up the programme. One page says the location is a closely guarded secret, another that it is close to the coast of Belize (There are a fair number of islands there, but not too many to search if you wanted to.) I don't believe that a production company would select contestants before they had distribution, and I believe they would brag about the distributor if they had one.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The dream island experience has a serious lack of results. one would expect for a reality tv show dozens even perhaps thousands.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22DREAM+ISLAND+EXPERIENCE%22&btnG=Search&meta=
Results 1 - 4 of 4 for "DREAM ISLAND EXPERIENCE". (0.23 seconds)

There is of course the "baiter" style enquiry system.

Just create some character so obnoxious so OTT, so WRONG for an island and see if they ask for 29 quid.

Stevie Denver Age 26 occupation: on sick benefit
give him a criminal record, some type of psychosis, under treatment, home office restriction.

Hobbies: Watching women on TV, especially the big bird on tennis.
Drinking, doesnt fight too much anymore due to medication.

Dislikes: Anyone who does not think he is better than them

Special diet/requirements: ON heavy duty medication, needs to see doctor once a week, needs probation twice a month

A real TV show wouldnt even reply to someone like that.
So if you get a reply or call back you know something is seriously wrong.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello

Last edited by D11 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custard Test
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, this is the lot. as I said it really means nothing to me so if i have left in something about me let me know so i can delete it.

I had another mail just 5 minutes ago, SURPRISE they want me to progress to payment. I decided to go along to this point then stop. they have not replied to my mail asking why they want this money off me and what commitment of return.

Received: from mercury.removed (172.16.0.2) by exchbe.removed
(10.0.1.156) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 8.1.240.5; Wed, 10 Jun 2009
15:35:05 +0100
Received: from mail195.messagelabs.com (85.158.138.147) by mercury.removed
(172.16.0.2) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.1.358.0; Wed, 10 Jun 2009
15:35:06 +0100
X-VirusChecked: Checked
X-Env-Sender: [email protected]
X-Msg-Ref: server-5.tower-195.messagelabs.com!1244644502!22010220!1
X-StarScan-Version: 6.0.0; banners=.,-,-
X-Originating-IP: [92.63.137.1]
Received: (qmail 4673 invoked from network); 10 Jun 2009 14:35:02 -0000
Received: from abernant.dedi.melbourne.co.uk (HELO travelmoneyservices.co.uk)
(92.63.137.1) by server-5.tower-195.messagelabs.com with SMTP; 10 Jun 2009
14:35:02 -0000
Received: from ABERNANT ([127.0.0.1]) by travelmoneyservices.co.uk with
hMailServer ; Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:35:01 +0100
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:35:01 +0100
Subject: Dream Island Application
To: <removed>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Return-Path: [email protected]

Hello xxxxxx

Thanks for submitting your questionnaire to Dream Island TV.

We are looking for several types of people to ensure we get a 'mixed bag' of personalities on the programme. This will add to the variety and hopefully spice up the viewing for the public who will tune in to see who is coping the best with the luxury lifestyle on the island.

As you know we are conducting our auditions on-line, which is a virtually unique system for reality TV shows. Traditionally, applicants have had to travel miles and wait for hours for a two minute interview. We feel this is rather unfair on the contestants and by gathering their details via the internet we can look at far more applications and save the contestants time.

We are looking through various applications and I am please to say that your profile seems to fall into the category that we are looking for. Please continue to the next stage regarding confirmation of the commitment and we'll soon be moving you onto the video audition. Your video show reel will be yours to retain after the process has been completed.

personal info removed.

Good luck and we'll be back soon.

Richard Cook
Dream Island TV Productions
Casting Manager
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Resolves to Derbyshire

It shows all the signs of being a good way to lose money - did they say how they required payment?

Purple Flower
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If they ask for payment via WU then it is a scam.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

google says the only address they give is an accommodation address...
Quote:
Quality Limited, Double Glazing Installers in London E3 2DA ...
Tel: 0208 133 5888| Suite 210, Coborn House, 3 Coborn Road, London, E3 2DA

EMEA Technologies - Contact Details
Suite 210 Coborn House 3 Coborn Road Docklands London, E3 2DA

Passwordtrojan.com - Password Trojan
Suite 210, Coborn House 3 Coborn Road Docklands, London E3 2DA GB

Videovirgin.com - Video Virgin
Suite 210, Coborn House 3 Coborn Road Docklands, London E3 2DA GB

Dissertation Help - Suite 210, Coborn House, 3 Coborn Road, Docklands, London, E3 2DA, United Kingdom Fax number: 44-12-7434-1110. E-mail: [email protected]

Bridgewater University??? [Archive] - DegreeInfo Distance Learning ...
37 posts - Last post: 4 Apr 2004
Can you find a website for Bridgewater University at Suite 210, Coborn House, 3 Coborn Road, Docklands, London, E3 2DA, London? ...
forums.degreeinfo.com/archive/index.php/t-10637.html

London Mailing Accommodation Address Service
Suite 210, Coborn House, 3 Coborn Road, Docklands, London, E3 2DA

i have written to them to ask for verifiable contact info.
if they can't or won't provide it, it will confirm my suspicion that this may be a scam.
if they do provide verifiable contact details [and the contacted party confirms they own 'dream island'], that's a different matter.
Quote:
Specifically, the concerns are that:
a) your policy of requesting a 'commitment fee' may be an 'advanced fee fraud'
b) your policy of conducting online auditions may be designed to avoid face-to-face contact with scam victims
c) you registered your domain using a service which obscures the identity of the website owner
d) your request for a commitment fee does not promise to return the fee if the series is not commissioned or is cancelled
b) your website does not contain any verifiable phone numbers or addresses, except an accommodation address which you share with some obviously disreputable entities

I would be grateful if you can allay these concerns, by letting me know which company (registered at Companies House) is responsible for Dream Island TV Productions. Please also provide telephone contact details for your registered company.

If you cannot provide such details, I may be forced to ask for your website to be taken down.

the guy who created the website [jordan weeks] does appear to be traceable,
although there is no reason to suppose that he has any part in a scam.
but he must have been paid by the website owner, and that payment may be traceable.

B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@R2 - I can answer one of your questions.

As stated earlier in the thread, the company responsible for it is Dream Island TV Productions LTD.

Name & Registered Office:
DREAM ISLAND TV PRODUCTIONS LIMITED
JOHN HARVEY HOUSE
FOUNDRY SQUARE
HAYLE
CORNWALL
ENGLAND
TR27 4HH
Company No. 06893249

They are a proper registered company. However as indicated before in this thread they were only incorporated on 30/04/2009.

However, just because they are a Limited Co doesn't prove they are legit. Any adult without a criminal record can set up a Ltd Company and it can only cost about £20. There will be no other costs until the accounts are due in a year and a halfs time. By which time, the company may be long gone.

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for pointing that out - i don't know how i skimmed over your comment,
or how my own search at companies house didn't find it Embarassed

but as you say, it could be registered and still be a scam.

i was on a tv show once, and they did not ask for a commitment fee, so i am very suspicious of that concept

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@R2D2

Your questions make a lot of sense. Lets see what they come back with!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Custard Test
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW. You guys are great. Very Happy

I do hope that others have not paid any money over to this company though I fear they have.

I was curious as to how they wanted payment and they do have a payment page with verisign (I clicked the link and it looked legit) they are looking for payment by credit card or debit card (could be a way of gathering card details?????)

If one of you guys wants to have a look then you will need a password etc. I have one but would rather not put it up on this forum as it links to my personal details which I am unhappy I let them have now!
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The email is sent from travelmoneyservices.co.uk

Quote:
Domain name:
travelmoneyservices.co.uk

Registrant:
Tor Trading Systems Ltd

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 5193147)

Registrant's address:
John Harvey House
Foundry Square
Hayle
Cornwall
TR27 4HH
GB

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 12-Jan-2006
Renewal date: 12-Jan-2010
Last updated: 03-Apr-2009

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns1.melbourne.uk.net
ns2.melbourne.uk.net

WHOIS lookup made at 09:13:32 11-Jun-2009

That is the same Cornwall address, and it has been registered for rather longer. They appear to be active and their services get good reviews.

What a currency exchange company has to do with a TV production company, I have no idea.

TravelMoneyServices, seems to be a nom-de-web of Tor Currency Exchange Ltd., which was registered at the Hayle address between 26/2/07 and 5/4/08. They are now at:
TORFX PENLOWARTH
PENZANCE
CORNWALL
TR18 4ED

Before 2007 they were in Glastonbury.

Tor Trading Systems (5048422) is now registered at the Hayle address, having moved from the Glastonbury address on 2/3/07. In February 07 they changed their name to "Lead Marketing Systems". Maybe someone with more insight than I should have a look at their listing at Credit Gate*. It seems to me they have had a large turnover of directors, but I know nothing about this stuff. Someone else may be able to read between the lines.

----
* Credit Gate are a rip-off. They charge £6.95 for documents available online from Companies House for £1. But it is easier to navigate.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tor Trading Systems/Lead Marketing Systems do seem to have had rather a large number of director movements, but this coupled with the name change could be indicative of a takeover.

They do appear to be making all of the required returns on time.

What is not clear is whether they have any connection with Dream Island Productions Ltd. To find that out you would need to pay Companies House to get details of the Directors of the 2 companies.

Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A casting/talent agency will ask for a fee to help build and sell your profile to potential clients and production companies. This is common practice.

A production company that is making a show, or pilot will not ask for money from actors/models.

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last year I went off site to take on a big scam that took place in Brighton.

They had bank accounts, web sites, a merchant trader facility and registered companies but it was designed as a smash and grab, taking several million pounds with very little product at the end and it was programmed to go bust at the end, leaving the scammers with a huge profit.

I'll take a look at this and see if it has any similar details. The people involved had connections to some very well known UK criminal gangs from the past.

It certainly smells like a scam.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I signed up on the website and have just had a voicemail on my FlexTel number from them.

The number was witheld, but came from an 01736 number, which is Penzance in Cornwall which would tie in with the company details.

The person didn't give his name (well he did say My name is .... but the phone was conveniently muted when the name was said) and sounded like he was reading from a script.

Aparently, I will be getting an email in the next 7 days. Needless to say, I won't be what a TV show would regard as a suitable contestant (although judging by the freaks and weirdos that Big Brother attracts who knows) so well see if they want me to audition.

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After a quick look, this appears to be similar to many common American modeling and acting scams. You pay a fee to a company that claims they will get you exposure or jobs by putting you on a show/in a spread/sending you to an "exclusive" conference/finding you leads.

What they neglect to mention is that the show will never make it on the air as it hasn't been sold to any network or production company/the spread is just a poorly made demo that isn't actually going into any publication/the conference is attended only by "reps" from the same scam company and all of the other scam companies owned by the same group/the leads involve sending you copies of internet ads for open calls that you could have found in a minute yourself with google (and don't apply to you 75% of the time anyway). These scammers are often good at staying just within the letter of the law (they never claim certain things, and the info is in the fine print...)but the fact is they use deceptive tactics and prey on people who are desperately seeking that "big break."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic