SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

So I got scammed (sorta) out in New York yesterday.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No Nigerians, no huge amounts of money to be traded, no big losses. It was a common street scam.

I live in Delaware. Occasionally, I like to take day trips up to New York. I don't do a lot of the touristy stuff. I just kinda walk around the city and ride the subways. I guess I like to see the New York that not so many tourists see. What happened did happen in the touristy area of midtown though.

What happened was this:  A dude with a box of candy walked up to me and said something about raising money for a basketball team.  Now, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  What's a few bucks to support poor people....by buying severely overpriced (even by NYC standards) candy from strangers on the streets of Manhattan? Deal was something like 3 pieces for 5 bucks. He COULD have been on the up and up, and just plain old gouging tourists. Except what happened next set off the scam alarm.

Basically, I went to get my wallet out of my pocket to pay for 3 pieces. He immediately began talking very fast saying something I couldn't make out about needing 20's and not being able to make change or something. And I don't know what happened, because about 10 seconds later, he had 25 dollars of mine, and I had 10 pieces of taffy that, in a regular store, are worth about 25 cents each.

It's to my credit, and this makes me feel better, that I had the presence of mind to insist that I only wanted five dollars worth. I gave back all but 4 pieces of candy and got my 20 dollars back.

He didn't give me back the money.  I forcibly took it from him. He tried to lay some sob story on me about uniforms or some shit.

Anyway, I only lost five bucks, which isn't much. The fact that I got taken in hurt my pride though.
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I'm sorry to hear about that.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you will always be reminded of him when some other joker comes up to you with a spiel. Very Happy

Then you can fall back on your experience and give him the kind of419eater response that he really deserves. Cool

I am all for mercy and helping the poor but it should be ME SEEKING OUT THEM, not the other way around. Exclamation
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic