SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Bibles? What the heck is this?

View next topic
View previous topic

junebug
flumpted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This came in to my catcher account. If it's a scam, I can't figure out how. Note she gives a real address (?) at the end of the letter and asks for nothing but large print bibles. Anybody seen one like this before?

Quote:
Hello and peace be unto you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope this letters finds you safe in Christ and I have prayed that God will use you as a vessel to meet the needs of His children here.

My name is Deaconess Rose Omoruyi I'm reaching you from Africa . Yesterday after school I sat for some minutes in our school staff office checking the Internet for online books by Bishop David Oyedipo, there I came across your email. I believe it is God's order for this to happen.

I am married with five children and me and my family fellowship in Mission for God Ministry, a small church with a great vision where Pastor Kelly Osuyi is the pastor. I am through God's mercies born again and serving the Lord faithfully pressing towards the mark. I'M one of our church rural evangelists and through God's grace I'm able to go with the team once a week (Saturdays) to reach souls in neighboring villages. I have very great compassion for lost souls so the evangelical team is the better place I can serve in the church. My occupation: I am a teacher in a primary school and in my school we have a staff computer Internet where I'm now able to reach you. I grew in the village and my parents were farmer but I had the opportunity to acquire western education but not too many people do in my place.

The purpose for writing you is to appeal for your help for bibles. In the past six months we have visited Ekiadolor village continually and many people have been won there for Christ particularly the old fathers and mothers. Old persons mostly inhabit the villages here because the young ones are drifting to the urban areas in order to enjoy amenities like electricity and pipe-borne water that are not available in the village.
There are up to 13 persons in need of bibles but not all can read.

There are four aged couples and five individuals who can read and asking for bibles. They have so much show concern that we are keeping them always in our prayers for provision of bibles for them. We need 14 giant print bibles for these loved ones who are now saved and eager to feed from God's word.

They cannot afford bibles because they are cost much in this place. Please help to supply bibles to these our brothers and sisters in need. The King James Version will be preferable used or! New. Please send the bibles through my address above. If you have any Christian literatures and Christian songs that is enriching to the spirit mind please send me.

I pray for you in Jesus name that the Lord will provide for you to help for the need and also bless you as you help. Bye for now and write soon.

Yours in Christ.
Deaconess R0se 0m0ruyi
N0 21 Oliha Village Omoruyi Friday
Quarter Benin City Edo State Nigeria

"THAT IS PUTTING MY ASS ON FIRE,AND I WOULD NOT REALLY LIKE THAT."
"Your Full…Name.
Your full...contact Address.
And also with your Defecation ID.."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
LegolasGreenleaf
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone willing to ship bibles to Africa would also be much more likely to send cash via WU I would think. Might be a way to weed out those who are 'not serious' Very Happy

Either way, I don't think you would want to bait them off that in case they are sincere. You could try ASEMing and see if they bite. If they do, it's fair game I say Twisted Evil

"...i consider your delay/silent to be constitutionally wrong, illegally untenable, technically illogical and professionally dangerous..."
"... it is understood and believe that delay is a mother killer to financial investment."-An0ml3z3 G0dw|n
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Benin City, second biggest concentration of scammers in Nigeria after Festac Town, Lagos. I'd ask about sending Bibles and I'll bet you get a reply to send the cash instead of the Bibles.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Asking for bibles seems innocent enough. That is probably what he is going for. He says he want bibles but he didn't say he wouldn't accept cash instead. I wonder how much 14 giant print bibles cost. I think it would be easier for a victim to send $200 then to send out 14 bibles.

Maybe if the victim were to say the bibles cost $20.00 each the lad will say he can get 14 there for only $200.00. Also a victim with a heart big enough to send books will more then likely be willing to send cash as well.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

a google search for the first sentence shows up a discussion in a board from Saturday, November 10, 2007.

edit: mentioned was a snail-mail, and
Quote:
My name is Igho Izekor and I'm reaching you from Africa

so it is not new on the market.
to quote a forums reply...
Quote:
Apparently it's a scam to resell the Bibles on the nigerian Black Market. I got the same email. I bought a couple Bibles but never sent them as I got real suspicious after receiving a similar email from someone else. Pretty Sad.

and I doubt, that Deaconess Rose Omoruyi has bibles on her mind.

Last edited by frank.lester on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
B8er
boomdazzler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I take the stance that if it arrives in my catcher account then (until proven otherwise) it is a scam or spam of some sort.

In the above case, I would initially reply stating an interest in sending some bibles and ask the best way to get them there. If they reply telling you to courier them or post them with no request for money then just quietly drop them.

If they change their mind and want money then I'd bait them (especially if they want it sent by WU).

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1725 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

one more posting, to this one:

you did not post the email-adress: [email protected]

here is the header from my catchit ( just had a look into in. now)

Received: (qmail 82863 invoked by uid 60001); 5 Jun 2009 10:22:17 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com.sg; s=s1024; t=1244197337; bh=OHtRowSPSEh8ApLquh3bn5bFN8hvPzyeKjngo0eo1i0=;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:
To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=W7CoQwsnBJJJL4j2vopvffkmIlZNBnjw81MWbUVtpqtwA+RBUXHeLOxhDSFCJ1QoxxD4
+gI14WKKiZSqXBxiICR0XuKpPRSnqGUtmG
+lSu+S2bd59tr3GoPKGSdZIv3xwrnvb75Mwae6JLOmhYDcU/zg7hWSCzNeJODR6HiUkVw=
Lond domain key deleted to prevent blowout - SP
Received: from [80.80.111.133] by web76705.mail.sg1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:22:17 SGT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/5.4.12 YahooMailWebService/0.7.289.15
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:22:17 +0800 (SGT)
From: Deaconess Rose Omoruyi <DEACONESS[email protected]>
Subject: Christ Love
To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-731418476-1244197337=:79478"

--0-731418476-1244197337=:79478
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello and peace be unto you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope th=
is letters finds you safe in Christ and I have prayed that God will use you=
as a vessel to meet the needs of His children here.

My name is Deaconess Rose Omoruyi I'm reaching you from Africa . Yesterday =
after school I sat for some minutes in our school staff office checking the=
Internet for online books by Bishop David Oyedipo, there I came across you=
r email. I believe it is God's order for this to happen.
B8er
boomdazzler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interestingly, the IP points to

80.80.111.133 Russian Federation (Rostov-na-donu)

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1725 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and the timezone was +8 to receiving time. singapore (the yahoo.com.sg) is 6, if i remember right, but with summer-time daylight-saving thingi, than i always have probs to count it right.
Agnes Finke
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a Scam. I received a mail much like it. I have been on other websites and found the exact same email and details as to why this is a scam.

But I forget exactly the details.

Nigeria, and esp. Benin has lots of fraudulent pastors and 'Men of God'. They are out to make money for themselves, using the name of God to do so. Many fake Bible out there too. And there is a huge demand for Bibles. They probably sell them for profit.

Fake charities too. And they sound so legitimate. It is all an attempt to manipulate our emotions. Religion, Charity, Love...it is really too bad.

I just remember seeing the mail in my email last year, when I was innocent about all of this. Checking it out somewhere...seeing that same email on many sites...and noting it was a SCAM.

Nigeria is full of fakes, bribery, extortion. Men of God. Politicians. The Police. The Government. Universities...all are discreditible. Never believe anything that comes from Nigeria until first checking it out very thorougly. These people really know how to manipulate our emotions. North Americans are thought to be very gullible, very willing to help, a sucker for a sob story and as having access to extra money. We believe the best of people. And sad to say, many in Nigeria are taking advantage of us.
Agnes Finke
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember a bit more now. I found the email about fake Bibles and many other emails like it...from 'Pastors' in Nigerian jails, who want these Bibles, etc. when I was checking around on the internet. There was that email, and so, so many more. A Pastor in Jail who needed to read the Word of God. ...Fake. Charities that needed Bibles to give to their workers...Fake. Scam baiters had actually answered these mails and showed the trail.

I cannot remember now what I typed in to access this information. But just keep checking around. You are bound to find it.

Stay safe.

Agnes

Mod edit - Agnes, you changed your username to remain anonymous, but you still sign off your posts with your real name, i changed it to Agnes Wink - SP
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I once baited a please-send-bibles scammer. It turned out, that a Nigira based Internet-Vendor had good bibles to ship at discount price and accepted payment via Western Union Rolling Eyes

The had a PO Box, too. So I guess they would take any kinds of Bibles (they preferred KJV, though). And then they will sell them. Which is easy money, too.

These guys are good game for funny baits. Discuss dogma and apocrypha with them. In the end I allways preferred to use bibles in the translation of local language (e.g. Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo) ... Cool

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Quote:
These guys are good game for funny baits. Discuss dogma and apocrypha with them.

Yes, it could be fun stringing out a bible bait. You know.....Since I'm a printer, maybe I can help you out. My company always has plenty of misprints on hand the publisher rejects for almost no reason at all. The only error with the last batch was the word NOT was left out of all the 10 Commandments. Other than that they're perfectly fine.

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic