SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

question about a domain used by a lad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rasascam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all.
I'm a newbie in this scambaiting subject.
A few days ago I received the initial classic "my father died bla bla bla..." and I got curious. So I setup my bait character and answered him.
So far, I have received mails from "the lad" and "the lawyers". And now he is requesting me to get in touch with "the intermediary bank".
His main email and the lawyers email are yahoo accounts. What surprised me is that the bank email he wants me to write to is in "london.com" domain. That's a serious, stablished, tourism-oriented webpage.
How did the lad manage to get access to an account in that domain?

I'll keep you well informed about this case.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rasascam,

Welcome to the eater, anyone can get a free @london.com email address, it's one of the email domains owned by www.mail.com

On their home page, click the Sign Up Now button under where it says Want a FREE e-mail account?, on the next page, click the red button titled see all our domains, that will pop up a box that is this page, where it shows all of the domain names they own which you can use for free email addresses:

http://www2.mail.com/templates/common/us/domainlist.htm

Lads use mail.com frequently as they can get email addresses like [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] etc for use in scams to make them look more real to victims.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
rasascam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you very much for the fast answer!
Then I'll keep on working on my plotlines to keep this lad entertainned Wink
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi rasascam! Welcome to Eater!

It seems that the lads are using a wider variety of free email accounts these days. Some of them are pretty obscure.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic