SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

"Dear costumer" . . . phishing effort

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Diana Prince
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! Received via e-mail less than ten minutes ago.
Needless to say, I do not live anywhere near Australia, nor do I have accounts in banks outside of my own country.

If they are to be believed < NOT >, The Commonwealth Bank of Australia seems to think that I
-- who could scarcely darn a sock at a time when I was a young person in an era where mothers like mine darned socks with holes-in-the-toes instead of just throwing them away
-- am now a theatrical clothing designer/ seamstress.

I know that this e-mail is fundamentally a "phishing" effort and that we normally don't deal with such here, but while any baiters are de-educating your lads,
I wonder if referring to "costumers" instead of "customers" might be at a minimum amusing, as well as serving as a red-flag for unsuspecting receivers of e-mail messages.

===========================================

Quote:
Dear costumer ,

For your security, we have temporarily prevented access to your account. We have reasons to believe that your access may have been accesed by someone else than you. You may be getting this message because you are signing on from a different location or device. . . .

Thank you for helping us protect your account.

© Commonwealth Bank of Australia 2009 ABN 48 123 123 124

Closed lad accountsEaster Egg
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you won't need the 'magic lasso of truth' to know that this 'bank' is lying Smile

i love it when lads spelling or grammar makes it so obvious it's a scam

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in Australia, but I don't bank with the Commonwealth bank, and still that scam fills my optusnet inboxes... in one account, seven in two days, with these formats:

Quote:
Dear NetBank Customer:

Congratulations! Your Cashback Bonus in amount of $500,00 is ready to be redeemed!. Simply login to NetBank, 24/7 to redeem.

Please disregard this e-mail if you've already redeem your cashback bonus since the date this e-mail was sent.

We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you
Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Quote:
SERVICE: Commonwealth Bank Online�

Dear Customer, with Maestro Card Number 560279XXXXXXXXXX ,

It has come to our attention that your Maestro Card account information needs to be updated
as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension. Please update your records on or before June, 2009. EXPIRATION: June - 10 - 2009

Once you have updated your account records, your NetBank account session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

� Click here on link below: http://www.qzhbsmjj.com/commbank.com.au.html

� Commonwealth Bank of Australia 2009 ABN 48 123 123 124.

Note: We will be upgrading our yearly SSL EncryptedServer to prevent fraudulent activity.
Reference ID:
WPGBOWILRRWEGNNBSBSZIEKIFUSEBYLJJWTXUH

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic