SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

craigslist scam :Now the US Mail is doing a payment service?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From a craigslist scammer

Quote:
Thanks for response...I am willing to offer you a sum of $xxxx for the
item so that it will be packed properly. I could have love to pick the
item up myself but am a busy woman..For the moment I am in Virgina
with my business associate. Anyway, the shipping will be free and
return policy included. I will tell you from the beginning that if you
decide to move forward with the transaction, To make the transaction
easier and faster for both of us,i will like to make the payment
through (United States Postal Service)(Standard 24hours delivery
Service ) to complete the sale. They offer a very good service, a 1-2
days money guarantee delivered starting from the day you receive the
payment receipt and they guarantee that you receive the money exactly
as described. So, if you are still interested let me know.
I am purchasing the item for my son who is celebrating his 19th years
birthday gift and the item will be shipped to is home address in Elk
Grove, CA 95758...You receive your money in cash after the payment has
been made. Also the payment receipt will be sent to you after the
payment has been made out...
To proceed with the payment first thing on monday morning I will need
your mailing address, city,zip code, state and likewise phone number
so that i will get the payment made out immediately. I also have a
Fedex prepaid account which will take care of the shipping charge, so
you will not need to pay for shipment....I will be Looking forward to
hearing from you.
Thanks.

Let me guess, they'll mail me a "payment receipt" that is just like a snail mail version of a spoof of a paypal receipt.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another reply

Quote:
i will be using USPS for the payment and you will see the payment
reciept inside your mail....and your money will be deliver to you at
your home address in cash by post man thaks for your reponse.....

I think this will be one of those "I'll send you a fake payment receipt and you send me the item" nonsense.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, it is official.

Quote:
i will make the payment in cash and you will receive the receipt of
the payment, then you send them the tracking number of the package and
they will send the money to your address given to me to make the
payment that is all.

She'll send a fake receipt of some kind.

sooner64us
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys I just listed a craigslist item and got a response asking for my address to where they could mail payment. The email was short and figured if the item was in my possession until I cashed the check there was no exposure. Well, I did give him my name and address and mbl#. I got a reply later this evening and they were trying to send more $$ than I asked. I sent them an email saying the item had been purchased locally and wished them good luck finding another. The basic question is how much of a problem is now that this person has my name, address and mbl#, and email? I did not give them anything else.
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sooner64us wrote:
Hi guys I just listed a craigslist item and got a response asking for my address to where they could mail payment. The email was short and figured if the item was in my possession until I cashed the check there was no exposure. Well, I did give him my name and address and mbl#. I got a reply later this evening and they were trying to send more $$ than I asked. I sent them an email saying the item had been purchased locally and wished them good luck finding another. The basic question is how much of a problem is now that this person has my name, address and mbl#, and email? I did not give them anything else.

If the scammer had sent the check already, he'll nag you to cash it and send the overpayment right away. He'll even threaten you and do all kinds of BS. Sometimes he may have "the director of the FBI" e-mail you or "the police" e-mail you demanding return of the money (quotes used since the real ones won't REALLY contact you - it is the scammer pretending to be them) - but no money is to be returned since none was sent.

But he can't do anything legally - the check is fake. Make a photocopy for your purposes and turn it into the police, filing a report. The police won't do anything most likely, but at least you covered yourself.

So what he knows your name, and address. Just ignore him and he will go away looking for new victims.

What's an MBL#?

Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BobCat wrote:
...What's an MBL#?

Mobile/Cell phone number.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So as long as I ignore his emails and requests that should be the end of it? I was a little bit concerned that someone might visit my address.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No one will visit you, there is nothing in it for them.

They will probably continue to email you for a while trying to persuade you to cash the cheque - maybe even using tactics such pretending to be the FBI to try and get you to send the money.

In the end though, they will give you up as a lost cause and move onto the next victim.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
sooner64us
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate the help and keep up the good work. I can't tell you how many people I have turned on to this site for the funny pics of the scammers.
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The odds of a lad in Nigeria visiting you are so slim, something more likely is you could win the lottery twice in a week.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic