SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Noobish Email Account Mistake?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
667jjk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday, I set up my first baiting email account. Eager to get down to business and ready to sign some guestbooks, I created an account that features my 419eater username, and it has just come to me that - Would a victim track my username to these forums, hence attracting spammers to posting on this site, and sending obstructive/threatening messages to my account?
Sure, his/her account could be deleted, but I do not wish to attract intrusive spammers to these forums. Should I delete the email account and start over, although I've already entered the email address into about 9 guestbooks?
Thanks for the upcoming support and I await your views.

edit: Oh, and upon viewing my account today I notice I already have one potential victim - Shall I go for this or change accounts?
Felix the Cat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All extremely unlikely, scammers rarely search anything, much less your email address.

Some scammers already know about this forum, and as far as I know, we're OK with that. 419eater isn't exactly secret, and has no desire to be secret.

As long as you haven't posted your RL details attached to your Eater account, it should be fine.

You can always respond to your potential lad using a new email address, and use this one as your personal honeypot.

I feel like I am between the devil and the deep blue sea. - Peter Mbeki
you should as well understand that the heart of human is full of evil. - Sir. Paul Bryant
667jjk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Felix the Cat: Thanks for the response, though I have one quick question - What is meant by 'RL details'?

edit: Ok, by any chance, does it mean 'Real Life details'?
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask a Mod [nicely - very nicely] to change your Eater username. Stay away from Roy today Smile

Click here to support 419Eater.com
ladsoflagos419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New here as well but here is my 10c

Playing the lads you should have no connection to your real life, including any names you may have posted on the internet.

I have also used a different name in this forum to my 419 persona, I think it would be a waste spending months on a lad only to have him google you and find out what's really being happening

HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome 139! I agree with the others, rather than changing the email address, why don't you change your eater name? PM a mod and ask nicely. Also make sure those letters and numbers you are using are not tied to your real life details.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, if you want a name change let me or any other Mod know. It only takes about 3 hours, a few pages of forms, and $50**.

This is the standard process -- no need to go and verify it with Rover or anyone else. Just send me the money ok.

**To be clear, I'm kidding. It takes only 5 seconds, so just let us know. It is better to keep your baiting personas separate from Eater.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Go ahead and ask Roy. I'm sure he's over whatever got him upset and will be happy to change your Eatername for you.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
667jjk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thanks everyone, I have now applied to have my username changed and successfully dispatched $50* to a moderator.

* Very Happy
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some lads do look at 419Eater:

I was "outed' by one watchful lad:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1375643

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
LegolasGreenleaf
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You will want at least two e-mail accounts anyway. A 'catcher' and a 'baiting' account (and ultimately you will prbably make more baiting accounts for different personaliities).

My catcher account is about the same as my username here, and my baiting account is completely different. All of these are very different from any other personality I use online (well Legolas is like the ranger/archer characters I play in MMOs, but that's about it...nothing Google-able).

So if the one you signed up on guestbooks is the same as your Eater name, I woudln't worry abou that. Just don't bait with that account. It's also easier because you won't be getting spam on your baiting account.

"...i consider your delay/silent to be constitutionally wrong, illegally untenable, technically illogical and professionally dangerous..."
"... it is understood and believe that delay is a mother killer to financial investment."-An0ml3z3 G0dw|n
667jjk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, Legolas, I get where you're coming from. I've now requested a username change, but I will keep your suggestion in mind - That I can simply use one account for collecting address's of potential victims, and email the addresses via another account created specifically for baiting. Thanks.
667jjk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Update: Username changed, and I am now ready to tackle my first bait. Thanks for the help everybody.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic