SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Evil Undead Moderator

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now look what you made me go and do.

Maudant-Short Avant 916i

(Thanks, Roy. They're wonderful. Smile )

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ooo! they look a bit shexy

could you make me even more jealous and have a listen to I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project and tell me how good it sounds lol
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well no, I can't, but I just listened to Supertwister by Camel for you. (Oh damn I need more CDs; my gf will kill me; they're already overflowing all over the place.)

It's the first time I've heard sounds in 3D or so clearly further to the right than the right speaker. Flutes that make your ears cry and everything from the lowest bass string to the highest treble percussion in rounded perfection. And when they crack an egg and pour a beer at the end, I've never hear sound so perfect, even when I've cracked an egg or poured a beer.

Oh sorry, no, no it was crap; you don't want them. What you've got is just fine. Wink

I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hotblack Desiato and Disaster Area would be proud of those, as long as they were the black option. Siesmic labs all over the world will know when you are using them. If your g/f kicks off just blame me, everyone else does.

In the meantime my old hifi has shown it has a sense of humour - after I was forced to watch the Champion's League final using the Tv speakers, I ordered a Samsung home theater system from Amazon, (it is a modern one, with blue teeth and everything). My stereo retaliated by waiting until it had been shipped, then making yet another recovery. I think I'm going to end up with bith side by side in the lounge - I am watching ebay for a replacement amp. I just missed one which went for all of £38. Rolling Eyes

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think this maker has a big following in Australia, After a bit of research it turns out the Importer / distributor is "Quailfi Pty, Ltd of
Mount Waverley. Retail outlets are few and far between.
The retail on the 916i is $1500, which is nothing special, and hardly
Hi-end as they proudly proclaim. Then they announce it's Best
Stereo Speaker of the Year under $2,500
but they fail to say who
did the review, and how much they spent on advertising prier to the review. It was once said that if you spend 100 grand on advertising in
one year, you could get an old Beer carton and a length of wet string
as product of the year.

It would seem the review was done in Sound & Image magazine
[2009] Which indecently is not a Hi Fi mag, but a Home Theatre,
Lifestyle mag, So it's hardly a glowing endorsement

Am I being a bigoted, cynical, moron, Yes probably, but I read and
hear a lot of Hi Fi, and I've yet to hear good bass from a 6.5 inch
driver, They also fail to give a specification list on the drivers or the crossover. Or inform the buyer if there 8, 4, or 2 ohm Wonder why.

Now if these thing where a 3 way, with a couple of 10 inch bass
drivers built low down in the sides, with the crossover suitably modified with some nice "Solen" cap's. But I,m dreaming bullshit again. it's not going to happen.
So I'll just click "delete'' instead of ''post''.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

£350 here, so no, it's not high end. But it's high bottom end, and it is serious. I don't have £1500 to throw away on HiFi.

Is this what you are looking for?

2.5 way, 1st order LF and MF
Damped 2nd order HF with DVP

They claim Audiophile quality components in the cross-overs.

The review I saw was in HET magazine in the Netherlands. No it's not audiophile either. Perhaps compare the 914i reviews: http://www.mordauntshort.com/product_reviews.php?PID=63&Title=Press+reviews (Click through for the full reviews of course.) I agreed with the muddy mid-range mentioned for those and the 916i doesn't have them.

the 908i comes with the sub-woofers you require.

ETA: the specs you're looking for are all there on the specifications tab.

Cellphone x14

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@thud - Sweet! So Roy baited you into getting those? He's pretty damn good at that kind of stuff, I've heard. Even for a dead guy. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:
It was once said that if you spend 100 grand on advertising in one year, you could get an old Beer carton and a length of wet string as product of the year.

don't waste your money on those.

you need two beer cans to make it work properly

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want value for money, and have the amplification to run them, There a 2.5 ohm load, which will require heaps of power
Equinox are well worth consideration. While there not cheap, there not
expensive for what you get.

I still can't see how he does the Jupiter, for 9 grand a pair.

http://www.equinoxaudio.com.au/products/speakers/index.php

Compare them to Wilson, JB Lab, etc in sound quality, not price and you
will see there good value for a hand built speaker. Rick runs a small factory, in Sydney. There is no mass production, and they come with a lifetime warranty.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The 916i do not cost AUD 1500 here. They cost AUD 706, according to Yahoo currency converter. They are made in the UK.

So from Equinox, for three times what I paid, (ignoring currency charges and shipping,) I can get a two way speaker with a similar 6.5" bass driver and comparable specs. Even though the 916i is three-way, the Equinox would probably be better, but at three times the cost, it had better be.

If I had a few thousand quid to burn, I could do better. I never suggested otherwise. Maudant-Short are a long-established name with decent HiFi credentials, but they don't sell a speaker for much over £1000 (AUD 2,000).

If I paid thousands for the speakers, I would have to spend thousands on the rest of the system. So I would be looking at spending something like AUD 27,000 on a single-source system that used the Jupiters.

We are in different markets. I would like a system that cost AUD 27,000, but it would be wasted in our tiny living room, and HiFi is just not important enough in my life to blow several months' salary on it.

Cellphone x14

Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ms Mockinatrix wrote:
ooo! they look a bit shexy

could you make me even more jealous and have a listen to I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project and tell me how good it sounds lol

I think you mean "Smexy" lol! Laughing

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic