SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam towards my Daughter mike johnson sound familiar

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My daughter is trying to sell her used college books and this was a suspicious Email from the start . This is a well known scam isn't it ?

well i am willing to make the payments out to you this week and i will like you to provide me with the following informations so i can mail the payment to you and also i will like to know if its ok for you to recieve the payment and cash it then deduct your amount for your stuffs and send the balance to my shipper so he can come pick the stuffs from your place down over to my store,

everyone's opinion is welcome ! I feel the need to prove this is a scam to her . Thanks everyone . John
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam. Leave him / it alone from that email address. If you decide to bait him / it - read the stickies and bait safe.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, great spotting by you! That is a classic overpayment/fraudulent check scam.

There is information on ScamWarners that explains it a bit. http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22

There is further information on the FTC site, here: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/12/checkoverpayment.shtm

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
whajushappen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly yes, its a scam.

The check will be bogus, and cashing it will lead to bankrupcy and ruin
or at the very least piss you off really bad.

The check funds would be released in two days or two weeks, but..
it could be a month or more before the banks finally sort it out and
tag it for what it is, bogus, and who would they want to pay the whole
amount back?? yup, YOU. the scammer walks away with whatever the
difference you sent back to him, and that makes you much more angry.

Just stop all communications with said scammer, read the stickys, and
JOIN US...
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had my daughter send me the Email from this buyer and knew it was a scam after reading the first sentence and tried to convince her of that since . I have joined this 419 eaters as well as other phishing scam reporting websites . Once again thank you all . John
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could you please post the email address? I'd like to introduce him to a world of hurt.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These are both of the Emails this guy has used . also here is the Email that he sent my daughter .

mike Johnson <[email protected]>
[email protected]>

Hello seller
How are you doing, i am Mike Johnson , I am a 39 years old man, single with a son, i am from Texas and i own a stattionary bookshop where i see all kind of books and i was checking to see craiglist to see what you have to sell and i am interested in buying it and i will like to know if you are still interested in selling your stuffs and i will like to buy it , well i will like to hear from you soon.
Mike

And the rest :

Hello once again, well i am willing to make the payments out to you this week and i will like you to provide me with the following informations so i can mail the payment to you and also i will like to know if its ok for you to recieve the payment and cash it then deduct your amount for your stuffs and send the balance to my shipper so he can come pick the stuffs from your place down over to my store, well i hope you are doing great and i look forward to do this business with you and if you have some more stationary stuffs to sell i will like to but , i want you to send me the following infor so you can get the payment. Full name Address.. city... state... Zipcode I look forward to hearing from you

mike Johnson wrote: > > Hello seller, I am so happy to hear from you and i am so interested in buying your stuffs from you and i will like to know the total amount you want to sell your stuff without the shipper's fee and i am willing to buy it and get my shipper to pick it up from your place down to my store in Texas, and i will also like to know what mode of payment you will prefer ,so i can make payments to you. Well i will like to hear from you sooner today so i can make the payments.Have a nice day

John Mike <[email protected]> wrote: > > From: John Mike <[email protected]> Subject: Hello Seller
Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 5:04 PM > > Hello seller How are you doing, i am Mike Johnson , I am a 39 years old man, single with a son, i am from Texas and i own a stattionary bookshop where i see all kind of books and i was checking to see craiglist to see what you have to sell and i am interested in buying it and i will like to know if you are still interested in selling your stuffs and i will like to buy it , well i will like to hear from you soon. Mike Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out. > > > > Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.

Give em hell

Mod edit: removed personal info -Ima
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sir: For your safety, please use the Edit button on your post and obscure your email address, daughter's name, and other personal info.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you I will . I am on a treatment like Chemo and take a lot of Morphine Daily . I no longer think clearly and appreciate your warning . John
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have edited it out for you. Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you , What a blessing you are .
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the address, he'll soon be wishing he had never heard of me.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi John, Welcome to Eater! Were you successful in convincing your daughter that this is a scam? The poor use of the English language is very typical. Also you can check the IP address on the email and will probably find that it traces to Nigeria.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HarvestMoon wrote:
Hi John, Welcome to Eater! Were you successful in convincing your daughter that this is a scam? The poor use of the English language is very typical. Also you can check the IP address on the email and will probably find that it traces to Nigeria.

i tried google his email and found nothing . Usually anyone who posts will leave behind something . I didnt think of checking the IP address on the email or know how but i think it has to do with showing email details and I'm not finding that option with Yahoo . Can you please tell me how to check the IP address on the email . That would be just Great
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To display the header in Yahoo, open the email, go to the bottom right of the email and click on "Full Headers."

Copy the header (the gobbledy-gook above the body of the email - and paste it into a program like Apelord. The program will extract the IP markers and give you a list of the route the email took to get to you. The bottom IP address will be the originating site.

Of course, if he is using gmail or hushmail, the IP location will be masked. Sad

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This will also not work if the email was forwarded to you by your daughter. If she has forwarded it and you get the headers, the information in them will all be hers, not the scammers. If you don't have an original email from the scammer, your daughter will have to get the headers to find an IP address.

Regardless of whether you find an IP, this is definitely a scammer. He may be in West Africa or he may not be. It's still a scam and your daughter should steer completely clear of it.

bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
This will also not work if the email was forwarded to you by your daughter. If she has forwarded it and you get the headers, the information in them will all be hers, not the scammers. If you don't have an original email from the scammer, your daughter will have to get the headers to find an IP address.

Regardless of whether you find an IP, this is definitely a scammer. He may be in West Africa or he may not be. It's still a scam and your daughter should steer completely clear of it.

I was able to get his IP address from the Emails that were sent to my daughter .

[email protected] 69.147.97.90
[email protected] 69.147.97.90
State/Region: CA
City: Sunnyvale
Latitude: 37.4249
Longitude: -122.0074
Area Code: 408

I found this great and much easier way to check an IP address .

http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/index.php/lookup-ip

Thanks for all your time , i really appreciate it . I have not rested since this thing started with her but now am exhausted and have to say goodnight . John
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI Yahoo is the one in Sunnyvale not him.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if you ignore the fact that this is a textbook example of an overpayment scam, it would be obvious that something was wrong based on his writing.

Without even paying attention to all of the other atrocious grammatical errors that put this guy in Africa, anyone who owns a stationery store would have to know how to spell stationery--if for no other reason, but for the paperwork that is required for operation and advertising of the business. Also, in the US you would expect it to be a bookstore, not a bookshop (names may include the word bookshop but in the US, the type of business, which is what he was describing, is a bookstore--again something an owner in the US would know).

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bumperjackjohn wrote:
My daughter is trying to sell her used college books and this was a suspicious Email from the start . This is a well known scam isn't it ?

well i am willing to make the payments out to you this week and i will like you to provide me with the following informations so i can mail the payment to you and also i will like to know if its ok for you to recieve the payment and cash it then deduct your amount for your stuffs and send the balance to my shipper so he can come pick the stuffs from your place down over to my store,

everyone's opinion is welcome ! I feel the need to prove this is a scam to her . Thanks everyone . John

I have been sharing some of my favorite cuss words with this Mike Johnson and finally got him to respond and now have his I P address and location , wanted to share with everyone .

I P 65.55.111.79
HE LIVES OFF OF N . W . 120 TH
AND N . W . RIVER VALLEY ROAD EAST OF NEWTON KANSAS
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ That is a Microsoft location, again the Ip is for the email host, not the user.

Quote:
IP address [?]: 65.55.111.79 [Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: US
IP address country: United States
IP address state: n/a
IP address city: n/a
IP address latitude: 38.0000
IP address longitude: -97.0000
ISP of this IP [?]: Microsoft Corp
Organization: Microsoft Corp
Host of this IP: [?]: blu0-omc2-s4.blu0.hotmail.com

If you take the bottom Ip in the headers, this may be the one he is sending from. Lads can disguise their Ip's though, as we do.

In any event, the scammer will not be using his real name, and could be anywhere in the world - he will ask your daughter to send the over payment via Western Union, which can be picked up anywhere in the world, wherever he says he is.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please dont quote the post above you, or it all gets messy. Just use /\/\ - RC

DAM IT GUESS I WILL KEEP TRYING . THANKS FOR THE INFO AND TELL ME HOW YOU KNOW IT IS FROM MICROSOFT SO I WONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE . PLEASE .
bumperjackjohn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ Like this - RC

here is the header info from him . what can you tell me about him from this ?

From mike Johnson Mon Jun 8 03:51:56 2009
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta261.mail.re2.yahoo.com from=live.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=live.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 65.55.111.79 (EHLO blu0-omc2-s4.blu0.hotmail.com) (65.55.111.79) by mta261.mail.re2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 08 Jun 2009 03:52:51 -0700
Received: from BLU121-W4 ([65.55.111.72]) by blu0-omc2-s4.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Mon, 8 Jun 2009 03:51:56 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_ed1da5be-ac06-48d1-a048-33bffdeea737_"
mike Johnson <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: FUCK YOU MIKE
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 03:51:56 -0700
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Length: 4395

Removed personal information -- JMR
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ If you copy the entire headers from the email you've received and paste them into this site that will give you a list of IPs and the country they relate to. The bottom one is the originating IP.

Next to each of the IPs is a button that says WhoIs click on that and it'll give you info about the IP address (who it belongs to etc).

EDIT: just pasted your headers that you posted and they only give back the Microsoft ones. Some mail providers (such as Google) do this - they don't include the originating IP address.

BTW you might want to delete your own email address from the post above.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km

Last edited by B8er on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It might simplify things if you post one of the email headers (omitting your personal details) and allowing one of the site experts check it for you.

Just so long as your daughter has dumped this guy.

I managed to sell a pile of my daughter's University text books on E-Bay, had the payment transferred via Paypal within a few hours of the auction ending and then a box, postage prepaid and containing all the fixings to mail the books to the winning bidder. Excellent job ... no scammers!

EDIT - too many of us posting at the same time, so please ignore. However you left in your pesonal details so I've flagged your post for editing by a mod.

The answer still comes out as Microsoft / Hotmail and not the senders true location.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic