SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Strange Possible 419 Site Linking to My Page

View next topic
View previous topic

geofftop
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The following site below keeps linking to my web page, I was not to familiar with 419 schemes and google led me here. Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot, but this seemed like the best place.

The site is number one result returned in Google for
Scammers Yahoo Boys, I reported the site to Google but I though maybe you guys might be able to help. PS love the idea of your site, and I do not wan't my legit site to be associated with something like 419

http://www.google-way.com/

If it's any help to you guys they keep linking to this page on my site.

http://geofftop.com/gt_graphic.html

It not that big of a deal so no need to waste to much time on it, I just wondered if you guys could maybe shed some light on the purpose of this site and if its a skam, it may just be a spam sight or it may be something worse.
geofftop
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If have visited the site myself and did not have any problems but I did not click any links inside it. It could contain Mal ware or be a attack site for all I know.

Just be on guard if you do visit this site.
B8er
boomdazzler

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a quick look at the site and it looks like it is just someone's personal site, with their various musings on the world. It just happens to have some details of scam email that the site owner has received.

It does not appear to be run by scammers and I can't see any reason for Google to take any action on your report as the site doesn't appear to be doing anything wrong.

If you really object to them linking to your site then I would suggest that you write to the site owner and politely ask them to remove the link.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1716 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
geofftop
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You may very well be right its just that the google way domain name seems fishy, and the fact that it ranks first for scammer's yahoo boys.

I did not notice this part last time I looked at it or it was not there at the time and I see your point, the guy may just speak bad english.

Quote:
The first thing I do

I check they profile pages on the Blog

Also since how many long time They join the Blog or or other Social Net Work

Of some the Scammers-Yahoo-Boys mails

I am just trying to spride the word

And let the newbies user to know more bettre

About Scam emails & stay away!

Trying to tell them to take care

Of this kind of mails

I will show few scam emails content

I like to help people and tell them

Some scam story I had before!

Some Online Bad Experiences

It give me a great Idea

To post new simple article about Scammers-Yahoo-Boys

I am happy to do what I like

There always some new action to put on

I am just trying to make it little bit

More bettre than before!

Here my prefered Free Anti Virus

There more than 80 Million users me too!

I'm not going to bother to contact the guy, I just googled yahoo boys and was concerned with the results as I thought it might be a scam, I found this totally cool forum and thought Id run it by you guys and see what you thought.

That said the content appears to me at least to be computer generated, but it is getting harder and harder to tell these days I concede, to me the spammy keywords in the first paragraph are at least a flag for a spam site but I could be wrong.

I get this stuff all the time if i'm iffy about a site I just report it Google and leave it to them as they probably know way more about this stuff then me. Ive gotten a couple of emails from Google over the years thanking me for reports abouts sites that looked far less iffy then this. Some of these people are very sneaky as we all know.

By the way if the site is legit, I'm not hurting the guy I hope. I just been told before if your unsure about the site report it anyway and google will not penalize the guy and will not take action if the site is legit. If I have been mislead about this and I may actually be hurting the guy let me know and I will be more cautious in reporting in the future.

To the above poster thanks for the response, you may very will be right it could just be that years of scam emails and people stealing my content has made be paranoid. LOL

PS this site is great I really don't have time to keep up on all these scams, There is a amazing amount of information on this site that a ton of people would do well to know. I will be telling my friends and coworkers about you guys. Keep up the good work people. Peace

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic