SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Horray - I'm getting my money back!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jlc419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm baiting a recovery scam - miraculously the "WU" scan I sent them matched their files and I am to get $150K refunded.

One interesting thing was the box (They're sending cash via a diplomat) is sealed with synth3tic nylon - as opposed the natural kind found gracing gams in bars world wide.

Of course, there are issues - right now I'm concerned that they are refunding too much money and as an honest person I'm sure they can understand why I only want what I lost.

Last edited by jlc419 on Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
scam-dum-doo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that sounds like some good exercise considering these scams are typically run by more experienced scammers.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype NameICQ Number
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Horray - I'm getting my money back!!!

congrats, so maybe we can expect a party ? I can donate some red wine.
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
the box (Their sending cash via a diplomat) is sealed with synth3tic nylon - as opposed the natural kind found gracing gams in bars world wide.

Of course, the growing season for natural nylon is so short and its ecosystem has been so impacted by global warming that the use of synthetic is much more economical for sealing large amounts of cash in truck boxes. Very Happy

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks

Last edited by beckythatcher on Wed May 20, 2009 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lucky you.... Laughing Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I borrow $1000? Will pay back by

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scam-dum-doo wrote:
Wow, that sounds like some good exercise considering these scams are typically run by more experienced scammers.

i've never had one, but is that true?
maybe one of the more experienced members can confirm?

i don't see why a scammer would have to be more experienced to do it.
i think it is just a variant of the 'contract overpayment' scam.
both involve sending asem's saying 'you're entitled to some money - contact me for details'

the only thing i am not sure of is whether recovery scams are sent only to people who have already replied to a scammer,
or whether they are widely distributed asems like many other scam types.
obviously, a scam victim might be more likely to accept it at face value,
but a non-victim would probably be as likely to believe it as believe an overpayment scam.
again, maybe an experienced member can advise me?

edit: 'believe' is not the right word, as the target will know there was no contract or stolen money.
i mean 'be as likely to respond'

Last edited by r2d2 on Wed May 20, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Those recovery scams are sent the same way as others.
But I think they effectively are sent by more experienced scammers, because except for baiters answering them, the potential victims who answer are supposed to have learned from their past errors.

But they are definitely worth screwing, even more than other scammers, because they target for already stolen people Evil or Very Mad

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate these scams as they prey on the wounded and gullible, people who are still holding onto hope. These scammers deserve special kinds of pain, IMO.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone wants to borrow money or needs to cover a scam loss? No problem - look what I'm getting from Diplomat Willson Sm1th. (Do diplomats deliver inheritances?)

It's all mine and risky free!

Very Happy

JohnBoko
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well FBI Director Robert S. Meuller III has notified me today that he has gotten my money back for me!

The FBI kicks ass. Except they use hotmail for their email, which is strange, and their IP address is in the UK... And his phone number is from DJIBOUTI. Man those spies take secrecy to a whole new level.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We love that picture. It's been all over the internet at least 1.5 billion times. Laughing

I've often wondered what ever actually happened to those famous floral trunk boxes. And what was the real story behind them. They've become legendary in 419 scamology, and I think it would be fascinating to find out the truth behind the trunks. Does anyone know?

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
jlc419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dr stephen williams wrote:
I hate these scams as they prey on the wounded and gullible, people who are still holding onto hope. These scammers deserve special kinds of pain, IMO.

I'm doing my best. Thought it twigged after I said "I'm an honest man, I can't accept $150k when I didn't lose that much" but it said "It's OK, we want to restore Africa's good name and you can donate it to charity." I replied - great idea and gave him a K-seven number to call. I also expressed concerns over the safety of a diplomat carrying that much cash and how to set up a safe delivery. Of course,as an old man I often forget things I asked about before.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic