SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is my colleague's parking bad? (trains)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool stuff Jay - I bet if I started a thread about planes, no-one would give two shits.

I would, I have just read the whole airliners.net aircraft database

Don't knock ATC - the wifey is one of those.

ATC is what we base alot of our communications on.

I must confess to being a Train Simulator player Laughing

I play train sim aswell *And often play the routes I do irl and find they are different in parts*

I keep getting told off for blasting the horn too much though - when is it acceptable to do so?
Its one beep, the horn is multi-town.

Also, what's the stopping distance from 125 to 0?
Officially its 2000 metres, but in an emergency we can slow it down quicker (few hundered feet but it will be a sudden jerk to the passengers)

What about estimating when it's time to slow down? In the planes, we have all kinds of Nav aids to help. Does it just take intimate track knowledge in this case?

Intimate track knowledge and 5 beeps Wink I know just outside of nuneaton its when you hear the audible beeps on beep 3 you slow down, otherwise its an overrun (I could tell you a funny story if you wanted) but at rugby its 5beeps then 5 elephants then you apply friction brakes

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
atlanteana
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool stuff Jay - I bet if I started a thread about planes, no-one would give two shits.

i know people who would does that kind of count craig !

but at rugby its 5beeps then 5 elephants then you apply friction brakes
5 elephants eh how do you fit them all in your cab jay ? i presume you mean 5 large blows on your air horn ! ( now who will be the forst to see the double meaning in what i have just said !)

train boi

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I mean you count 1 elephant 2 elephant etc etc etc

I still remember an enquiry with the managers about an overrun (A whole carriage) at nuneaton but its like an induction to the job overrunning at nuneaton (As everyone does even me) and the manager was asked by the driver to show how its done properly, so the manager got in and went to Nuneaton and guess what overrun by two carriages, Embarrasement was everywhere Razz

My MoneyGram form

HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quick tip to anyone travelling over the Spring Bank Holiday, I just found this on the extranet

Quote:
LONDON - Major Work at Stoke-on-Trent Affects Services Through Until May 31

There will be alterations to services over the spring bank holiday weekend because of route improvement work.

At various times though the weekend work will be taking place between Milton Keynes and Rugby, Nuneaton and Lichfield Trent Valley, Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay/Runcorn and in the Stoke-on-Trent area.,

The work between Milton Keynes and Rugby will be completed at 11:00 on Bank Holiday Monday allowing services from the North West to resume running to and from London Euston while on the same day the line between Crewe and Warrington will re-open at 14:00.

Network Rail is carrying out a major platform lengthening scheme at Stoke-on-Trent station between 23 May and 31 May which will mean extensive alterations to all train services running through the area throughout this period.

Saturday, 23 May

Because of route improvement work between Rugby and Milton Keynes most services from the Midlands and North West will terminate and start back from Birmingham International although one train each hour will run to and from Rugby. The hourly West Coast Replacement Shuttle will operate in both directions from Birmingham International and Coventry direct to London Euston via an alternative route through Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire. In addition a replacement coach service will run in both directions between Birmingham International and Milton Keynes connecting with a Pendolino shuttle service running in both directions between Milton Keynes and London Euston and calling at Watford Junction.

The Trent Valley main line will be closed all day and passengers travelling to or from Nuneaton, Tamworth or Lichfield are advised to change at Coventry for Nuneaton, or Birmingham New Street for Nuneaton, Tamworth and Lichfield.

From 15:00 trains will be unable to run between Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay and between Crewe and Runcorn with a replacement coach service running between Crewe and Warrington and Crewe and Liverpool Lime Street.

Trains will be unable to serve Stoke-on-Trent station and replacement coaches will run in both directions between Stafford and Macclesfield via Stoke-on-Trent .

Sunday 24 May

Because of route improvement work between Rugby and Milton Keynes most services from the Midlands and North West will terminate and start back from Birmingham International although one train each hour will run to and from Rugby. The hourly West Coast Replacement Shuttle will operate in both directions from Birmingham International and Coventry direct to London Euston via an alternative route through Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire. In addition a replacement coach service will run in both directions between Birmingham International and Milton Keynes connecting with a Pendolino shuttle service running in both directions between Milton Keynes and London Euston and calling at Watford Junction.

The Trent Valley main line will be closed all day and passengers travelling to or from Nuneaton, Tamworth or Lichfield are advised to change at Coventry for Nuneaton, or Birmingham New Street for Nuneaton, Tamworth and Lichfield.

Trains will be unable to run between Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay and between Crewe and Runcorn with a replacement coach service running between Crewe and Warrington and Crewe and Liverpool Lime Street.

Trains will be unable to serve Stoke-on-Trent station and replacement coaches will run in both directions between Stafford and Macclesfield via Stoke-on-Trent .

Monday 25 May - BANK HOLIDAY

Because of route improvement work taking place until 11:00 between Rugby and Milton Keynes services from the Midlands and North West will terminate and start back from Birmingham International. A replacement coach service will run in both directions between Birmingham International and Milton Keynes connecting with a Pendolino shuttle service running in both directions between Milton Keynes and London Euston and calling at Watford Junction. After 11:00 direct services to and from Euston will resume running over the normal route via Milton Keynes and Watford Junction

Until 14:00 trains will be unable to run between Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay and between Crewe and Runcorn with a replacement coach service running between Crewe and Warrington and Crewe and Liverpool Lime Street. After 14:00 trains will resume running over the routes between Crewe and Warrington/Runcorn.

Tuesday 26 May to Friday 29 May inclusive - AFFECTS WEEKDAY SERVICES

Network Rail will continue to carry out route improvement work including platform lengthening in the Stoke-on-Trent area resulting in only one platform being available to trains. The Euston to Manchester service via Stoke-on-Trent will be reduced to hourly although the Manchester to Euston service will run at its normal frequency.

There will be extensive alterations to other operators’ train services in the Stoke-on-Trent area during this time.

Saturday, Sunday 30 and 31 May

The Network Rail route improvement project continues in the Stoke-on-Trent area with the result that trains will be unable to serve the station. Replacement coaches will operate between Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent and Macclesfield, and between Macclesfield and Wilmslow.

For further information passengers should visit the following websites - virgintrains.com/changeforgood, nationalrail.co.uk or telephone 08457 484950. Customer leaflets summarising the changes are available at stations.

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I took this today for all you modern british railway fans

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A high speed train from the 1930's.

The Duchess class were all destreamlined after World War 2, as maintainence was becoming an expensive P.I.T.A. After many years of talking about it, 6229 'Duchess of Hamilton' has been restreamlined, and here is being towed to the National Rail Museum in York, where she will go on display next to the most famous streamliner in the world, 4468 'Mallard', steam world speed record holder at 126mph.

6229 toured the USA in 1939, disguised as classmate 6220 'Coronation', with an exhibition train. This is Hartford, Connecticut.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My train wang just creamed itself Razz

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, - cool thread, Leno .
just have no possibility now to enjoy your drivin'.

random fact about me: one of my grandfathers was a train-driver, but was (has?) retired before I was born.
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I lost my mobile phone on the 16:57 London to Glasgow service yesterday. If you're the person that found it, messaged my SO and offered to return it to me ... THANK YOU!
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ N N N
that will be £5 please Very Happy (I was actually on that service yesterday, sorry for jerking it slighty) nah alot of people will actually do that, if it went to a company called Excess Baggage you'll be charged £5 and then made to go to their site to collect it

@frank.lester Tell me what country you are in and maybe I'll come do a guest train drive over there Razz

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jay leno wrote:
I was actually on that service yesterday
In which case I can now recognize you as you walked right past me to get to the drivers cab through car "A".

I was taking pictures and captured one of you ...

Laughing
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That isnt me lol, EUS-GLC all week bored the hell out of me Sad

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While I was in the UK I got to enjoy a train ride (my first) from Inverness to Edinburgh. That was a sight to behold. Very pretty country so very early in the morning. But I might be biased I loved everything I did over there. I plan to go again some day.
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my phone back safe and sound. It came in a jiffy bag with no senders name or address just an SE1 franking stamp across the £1.28 postage. So thank you once again Mr or Mrs finder. Smile
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of the best/nicest people can be found on the railways, You either got a staff member going out of procedure or a passenger, Either way the right thing happend Smile

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
ChrisBotogons
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What excellent topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic