SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The psychology of scams.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/consumer_protection/oft1070.pdf
Warning: it's 260 pages long.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting stuff.

Given the information in there it should not be too hard to put some software together to filter out scam emails along with the spam ones.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Forwarded to my MP. Thanks. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly: thanks for the link to this. I'm glad to have read it.

And maybe I'm just a Negative Nancy, but I thought, however, that it reads very much as written by an 'outsider'. Seems strange to lump together 'You have won the Lottery' with 'Lose weight now!' And though under 'Norm Activation' on page 33, it mentions 'wanting to help others', there is no real mention of Romance Scams or Charity Scams and, though I'm guessing, I would have thought that the person who responds to those may well be miles away from their psychological profiling.

I note that they only interviewed 30 people and are unclear who they are. Initially the report describes them as 25 scam victims and 5 near-victims, but then it says that 7 (of which group: the 25?) turned out to be non-victims or marginal victims. So it is possible that they only interviewed 18 victims - maximum 23, even though they claim 25 again in the next paragraph (page 37). They were also paid for their interviews, but it does not seem to have occured to anyone that the participants could be lying, in order to obtain £50 for talking to them. I'm assuming not so, but I have known such to happen. And it doesn't specify which scams the participants responded to: it could have been diet pills or fortune tellers.

Maybe the report is a step towards something. But it could be a blindfolded very small step.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Arctic Baiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Branwen says something smart there. If you pay someone £50 you can impact them severely. Just think about what we are doing. If you told a lad you were giving him £50 you might be able to get a trophy, and a at least a made up profession, even fake documents.

Imagine someone like us who does this as a hobby. I am sure everyone here could have gone to them and "testified". After all, nobody knows better what kind of tricks scammers use and how they work. Even real victims could be overshadowed by someone with 50+ baits on their rap-sheet. Combine that with an ability to persuade someone to poor milk over their heads, while holding a sign saying "I'm Hugh Jass" and you got one professional liar.

I'm not saying that this is happening in this case, but just think about how these "testimonies" are made, and all the possibilities.

I just find out you are a peace of shite a joker and a betrayer! Affrican accestral shrins will chase until you die. The African Shrine is After You! TO HELL WITH YOU DOG - Miss Grace Eziash1

Completed Baits Worth Reading:
Olena
Western Union Nigeria
http://computersecrets.eu.pn/
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Warning: it's 260 pages long.

and each of them is well paid.
I go with branwen^
in my country there is the saying: I only believe in statistics i personally have made up ( supposedly origin from mr. churchill)
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ 83% of statistics are made up on the spot
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic