SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

2 Shifty Chemistry.com profiles (Nigerian?)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wanted to put these two profiles out there because the syntax is distinct and suspicious. I joined Chemistry.com because I was bored and it was free and it's been, um, interesting.

I'm hoping these might warn off some women who go to sites like Chemistry.com and other paid sites thinking scammers wouldn't be there.

Take a look:

Guy #1
Davies (aka Davies Lucio), a 46 year old self-employed widower from very affluent New Canaan, CT, with an advanced degree.

I am an attractive, intelligent man with a sense of humor and adventure. I love travel, art, theatre, teaching, reading, the outdoors, dancing and much more. . I'm a down to earth . I'm healthy and I live a healthy life style.....Sincere, honest person with a good heart and spirit. Sense of humor. I value trust and loyality above everything else. Fun to be with, pleasant, likeable, & lovable personality.Love people. Love life. Have a Positive attitude.Easygoing. Not difficult to get along with. Intelligent. Smart. Educated. Trustworthy. Understanding. Stable. Kind, warm, loving, & caring.I'm a positive, moral and honest person. I am outgoing, confident and playful. When I first meet people, I can be reserved and shy. I am spiritual and Christian. I am romantic, affectionate and communicate well.
She should be confident and realize what her purpose is in life. Traits of integrity and honesty draw my attention. I'm looking for someone who lives a healthy lifestyle and is a Christian. She should enjoy romance and passion.The perfect match would have a great sense of humor and would live an active lifestyle. She would be caring, considerate, interesting and intelligent.

I Googled the line "I value trust and loyality above everything" from the profile above due to the unique spelling of 'loyalty'. It came back with 121 hits - people using the same template with the same punctuation, syntax, grammar, etc., posing as males and females, both gay and straight, and scamming people out of money.

I also found the same guy on different sites with the same name posing as a 44 year old, 9 inches taller(!) and living in Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia on LatinAmericanCupid.com. According to another site, he lives in Florida. On both he's a petroleum engineer.

The e-mail address [email protected] has been linked to him and been traced to Nigeria on Internet-Love-Scams.org. Someone of the same name in London was also pushing phony employment scams.

Guy #2
Harris, a 49 year old widower, white guy from New York City with a BA
Under his picture he spells 'organization' with an 's' but below with a 'z'

LOOKING 4 TRUE LUV

I'm living in NY,I am 49years old... I 'm self-employee which is charity organization which was organized by me,used to do helpful for those who are fatherless and motherless,i used to move around some other countries in the world and also i am a contractor,i can say I'm blessed from GOD.

I have one son who is living with me,13 years old in ages, he is a motherless child, i lost his mother some years ago..that's all makes me organized the charity organization for those who are fatherless and motherless to make my son to be able to remember his mom cos she's loves to do helpful when she's alive. I am a nicely looking man;lovely,responsible,at the same time i'm a man of GOD,trustful,reliable and more caring...And also am looking for who i can shared my love with ...that is a responsible,reliable,honest,and more caring woman.

Chemistry.com was kind enough to send me this winner twice.

I tried Googling parts of the text above but got nothing. The writing is especially pathetic. The use of 'GOD' in all caps throughout makes me think of Nigerian syntax, as does the misuse of tenses.

I wanted to put both of these out there just in case it may help anyone. And because the second one was too ludicrous.

Another guy's profile I received included his dress size! I'm guessing that one wasn't a scam.

[/b]
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, MDX, and welcome to Eater! Very Happy

Thanks for posting these. Can you also please go to www.scamwarners.com and post the details there as well? Any time you post the info, that increases the likelihood of having it come up in searches.

And you were spot on in thinking they are scammers. Guy #1 has his info spread all over the internet as a scammer, and I concur that Guy #2 is just pathetic. I would hope that any Western woman who speaks English would not fall for him, but there are many women out there for whom English is not a first language, and having the scammer identified as such on forums like this and ScamWarners will be a great service for them. Smile

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks! I'll post at ScamWarners as well.

This stuff is insidious. For anyone unsure about something they've received by e-mail, I'd suggest picking out a distinctive phrase, perhaps with a grammatical error or spelling error, and Googling it in double quotes (very important). That can be helpful in pulling up the same profile, poem or other piece of writing used by the same (or other) scammers.

PS: Chemistry.com took "Davies" /"Davies Lucero" / "Davies 1964" / [email protected] off their site within an hour after I reported him.

Last edited by MDX on Mon May 18, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Google is our friend around here Very Happy The problem is that many victims cannot pick out what to google besides name if English is not their native language. They can't identify spelling errors or unique phrases.

Incidentally, many scammers use both male and female characters, and often they mix up their profiles and copy/paste wrong information, so your "dress size" could be a scammer who got his profiles crossed.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Following is Mr. Dress Size's profile, below. In the picture, he's bald on top with long, flowing grey hair. It says he is 53 and in New York City, but the write up contradicts that. The summary says he's 5'7" and portly, but says he's a size 7, which seems like wishful thinking (or one hell of a girdle...).

By the way, he claims to have a graduate or professional degree on Chemistry.com. I ran a line of his write-up through Google and got the same guy running a variation of this without the first paragraph on a site called datemefree.org where his nickname is "Toucher" (ewwww) from the Bronx. On this site, he's 4'7", 52 years old and has a high school education.

Here it is:

Introduction
My Name is HUNTER .from usa in irmo south Carolina,am 53yrs divorced I'm doing fashion modeling ..hair: Black / eyes: black/ 5'7"- 180C - 24 - 36 / dress: 7 / shoe: 12,one kid,i lost my both parent when i was 5 yrs old, I wouldn't know what you want in a relationship, but i guess the most important thing is being honest with each other.

I love to enjoy life but I also take my responsibilities seriously. I am seeking a warm loving sensuous, romantic and spiritual relationship with a woman who shares my interests in music, digital photography, dining out, shopping and ladies fashions of the Hollywood Glamor area. I like my woman to look elegant, graceful and feminine. I love to sing and play the guitar for close friends and family, I love holding hands and kissing and surprising my beloved with little gifts such as a bunch of flowers, a box of chocolates, a meal for two or a new pair of sheer nylon stockings for her to wear with her beautiful dresses or skirts. I have a responsible job which I love and I intend to continue working for at least another 5 years. In my spare time I am currently writing my first novel which will make you feel you great and

That's how it ends on Chemistry.com. On the datemefree.org site it continues as follows:

In my spare time I am currently writing my first novel which will be semi-autobiographical. I live in a nice 5 roomed house near the university city of Cambridge with my sweet little cat. I love garden design and you will see in my pictures part of the garden I have created since living in my home. I like driving in my nice luxury car while listening to classical music and I would love to have a beautiful lady in my passenger seat to take her to places of interest which she hasn`t seen before. If you really want a lasting relationship with a sexy,faithful,sense of humor,truthful,respectful, romantic loving and tender kind and considerate man then write soon darling

The "university city of Cambridge" is nowhere near the Bronx.

Poor little cat. I hope he asked for ID.
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MDX welcome Very Happy

I'm so glad you posted these. I love messing with Chemistry .com scammers.

They think they are safe because they are "privately" sent to you.

Chemistry is FULL of them and you can get bunches everyday sent to you.

I think they outnumber the real people 6 to 1.

I'm going to say hello to these fellows for you. Wink

If you come across any more please share Very Happy

I love having the cockroaches put into the spotlight.

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com
bethc8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Says that he has one kid?? what a goat??? also says that he "lost my both parent" ? one singular "parent" ? Says he enjoys digital photography? perhaps he might send a few pis of him and his "kid" to you?? and yes the university city of Cambridge , now does he mean Cambridge,MA.?
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Google this phrase from "Hunter":
"i lost my both parent when i was 5 yrs old"

You'll see a few variations, many used by women, with variations on the dress & shoe size and number of kids (mostly none).

By the way - is there a trend towards these guys pretending to be widowers with one child when trying to appeal to women?

Their cut and paste scripts are like the Mad Libs we used to play with in elementary school, but they make less sense.
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MDX wrote:
By the way - is there a trend towards these guys pretending to be widowers with one child when trying to appeal to women?

Yes that is one of their favorite lines to go with.

Im a widower and have a small child and my wife was killed in a car wreck or died in childbirth or cancer.
Anything to get sympathy or pity and play on the emotions of their victims.

Always something like that. Then of course something terrible will happen and they will need you to help them because they have no family.
Their best friend slept with their girlfriend or ran off with their wife so they have no one else but you to help them. Rolling Eyes

They will then lose their wallet, or the child gets hurt, or they are robbed or they have an accident and on and on.
They will beg you to send them money to help them , so their child wont die or starve and so they can fly home to be with you.
They are pure scum. Evil or Very Mad

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And what happens if she were to reply something like this:

"Oh, darling, thanks for sending over the wire transfer information for your bank account - I have it righ here. There's something you should know, however. I didn't want to tell you lest you'd not love me anymore, but I trust you. You are so honest. It pains me so much to tell you this. You know I've loved our conversations over these many, many, months... blah, blah, blah....

... but I had a little problem a while back and the $%#&@/? feds have been monitoring me constantly. FBI, IRS, DEA, DOJ, ATF, NRC (yep - the Nuclear Regulatory Commission! I'm baaaad!) You simply wouldn't believe the rash I have just from the damn ankle monitoring bracelet. All my accounts have been frozen since 2007 - even the secret ones - and of course the phones have been bugged forever. My lawyer even got a copy of the wiretap warrant. Oh darling, I'm just bereft. Desolate. They're calling me a criminal. You cannot know how that feels, the bastards! Your love sustains me....

At this point in the drivel, our little pet has just realized that if his idiot mark is being monitored, right down to her phone conversations, then so is all of her internet traffic - and his.
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's yet another profile that, when I Googled the phrase
"touching fingertips, smelling your neck"
from it, I found the whole profile all over the internet - this time in 221 different pages. Although "Rick" claims he's a doctor and, as of 2 days ago, in New York City, his profile now places him in California. Rick should probably note that most of the people using this profile as their own are women....

Here it is:

I Love to live life and explore opportunities. I enjoy being around beautiful people inside and out. Life is too short, I try to live it to the fullest with minimal regrets. ,I hope i can meet my destiny here, A woman with a kind heart, healthy and caring woman who will love me and cherish me forever. I am seeking a nice woman for life partner who is looking for a good,loving,hardworking partner in her life,who wants to be happy in her life,I long to have a best friend again. Late night talks and long massages. Waking up in the middle of the night and knowing you can roll over and hug someone during a thunderstorm is the best. I enjoy drinking wine, touching fingertips, smelling your neck. Sitting on a park bench and just staring at the water. I appreciate a full moon and eating an ice cream cone on a hot summer night. I enjoy dining out but would really enjoy to have an intimate dinner for two at home. I enjoy going to the movies, running, skiing, and the beach. I value time with friends and family. I love children and animals. i want a woman that looks at the man in her life as the person she wants to escape with rather than from.

Hey Dramaqueen - I saved this bi-coastal doctor for you! Whoopie!
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One more, if you can stand it, this one from someone named "Crounch".

Google has this profile appearing 16 times in different forums, used mostly by women and on Asian singles boards, matrimonial boards and something named "millionairemate.com" - with a name like that, it just has to be reputable! Right?

So, meet Crounch, courtesy of Chemistry.com:

am a professional man who is caring,intelligent and has a great passion of learning from people and culture..People say that I am outgoing, caring, trustworthy,and flexible, sympathic, charismatic and most of all a true human with a loving sprit.I love to converse with others in an intellectual way as well as in a fun way.I enjoy outdoor sports, taking in the beauty of nature that God has granted us.Respecting others and ideas are paramount in my domain. I love to share good feelings and happiness. Smiling is one of my good visual traits, I am told that I acquire both inner and outer beauty.

Dramaqueen - this, um, catch, is waiting for you, too!
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another from Chemistry.com, this time bad plagiarized poetry which, according to Google, shows up in at least 142 times. This guy says he's Dan Brown, 44, from New York City.

Note the headline:

cool and clam [/b]

cool and calmI always have a yearning when I have spoken to you;
One minute I can hear your voice, the next minute, we are through.

It seems to me that's how it goes, the silence makes me blue;
I guess the silence lets me know I can't get enough of you.

I reach my hand through the phone, you're always out of reach;
You must come closer to the phone, is now my silent speech.

The time slows down, it seems to crawl, slowly the clock hands slide;
I know that you are gone from me, another day, I must abide.

I sit quietly till it's time for me to shut my eyes;
Perchance to meet you in my dreams, and kiss my green eyed girl

And this painful mess, which turns out to be the profile of several people on Friendster.

Marianito
44 Years Old and in Church Street, New York
Profession/Occupation:
im a hotel man by profetion, im a tabloid correspondent

I've decided not to love again,but now I think it's time to try and take the pain, For now I know I'll be hurt or feel blue, ilu

Love is a special feeling that doesn't require much answer. You just love despite all odds...Why does loving too much make you stupid? It,s because you'll always be wrong even if you're right, you're weak even if you're strong, you give without receiving, you get pin but still you're happy,..If you have the courage to love, you have the courage to suffer... I LOVE YOU.... ALWAYS...

Shocked
arrrgh.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@MDX - don't you just wonder what it is in YOUR profile that leads chemistry.com to match you with these guys? Wink

I had the same question with eHarmony. Sad

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
MDX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly!! It makes the thought of living alone with 14 cats look like paradise. And I'm allergic to cats! (Still have one, though Razz ).

Some of the guys I saw on Chemistry.com actually made my skin crawl.

As for who they 'match' us with, I really think it's based much more on geography than on our profiles. Even though I set 25 miles as my limit, I'd often get guys who are 50 miles away. I've also been sent the same guys more than once.

As an aside, I found it interesting to note how many men made themselves younger in the official listing and mentioned it in the profile with their correct ages, saying they wanted to help their chances and/or how many men over 40 felt the need to emphasize that they felt and acted five or 10 years younger than they were.

Also interesting to note the large number of guys making over $150,000/year and even over $250,000/year - even in this economy. Seemed like 25%-30% of the profiles I read claimed they were earning that much. And of course they'd never make anything up in their profiles, would they?!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic