SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Here I've been scammed.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
joebhoy2412
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi people, i am new to this! I have been scammed and would like to know if there is anyway of getting money back or my phone back at least??? The scammer was from Nigeria and i fell right into the trap!!! Could you please help me out anyone???
luckey

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi joebhoy2412

Welcome to Eater. I'm sorry you were scammed. More than likely, your money and your phone are gone for good. Can you give us more details about what happened? You don't need to reveal any personal details about yourself. It might help to know how you were first contacted, and what the nature of the scam was.

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The sad reality is I don't think much can be done at this point. LEOs are unlikely to be interested, however it is always worth making a report just in case.

As luckey mentioned, more details would help us to help you.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Joeb. Sorry to hear that. For every 1 baiter, I am sure there are hundreds of real victims.

Post as many details as you can. OK, so we can't get your money back or your phone (unlikely - unless it's a Russian romancescam and if so post the details on www.romancescam.com and Elena may be able to help) but we may be able to cause the scammer a whole load of grief.

Anyone up for a mass bait?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed lad accounts
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Joeyb, Welcome to Eater. Sorry to hear that you were a victim. Unfortunately you will probably not get your money or your phone back, but you can help prevent other victims from falling for the same scam. Please post up the details, excluding your personal info, here and also on our sister site, Scamwarners. http://www.scamwarners.com/

You should also report it to your local law enforcement. Depending on your circumstances, if you are in the US you might be able to get something back from insurance or take a tax deduction on your income taxes. But you will need a police report to do either.

If you care to join us with baiting, please read the stickies and bait safe.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi joebhoy2412, welcome to Eater. If you haven't already done so already, please cease all communication with the scammer. Also beware of a possible attempt of a recovery scam by them in the future. This is where they pretend that the person who scammed you was caught and they need some money to aid in the conviction process.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic