SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Bait Ad on Craigslist led to this dialog with a scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

Coriolis
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, All.

I have admired you site for a while and finally placed a bait ad on Craigslist.

Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450 (Williamsport, PA)

Date: 2009-04-29, 8:44PM EDT
This has been in the family for years and must be sold due to medical expenses. Genuine Gold tone with rhinestones in a diamond pattern.
• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Here's a nibble

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:02:11 AM
Subject: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450

Nelson is my name,Like to know maybe you can get mail out this your item today via USPS if am sending you $550.00USD to your paypal account,if yes i await your paypal request for immediate transfer from paypal.

He want's me to send the item, then get MORE money than I asked for

Subject: Re: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450
To: "Nelson Cruz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 11:51 AM

Hello Nelson, My name is Richard. Thank you for your interest in this item. I can definitely get this item sent out today but we must act quickly because I must leave for the city shortly on my bicycle. Please advise me if you wish to have this item shipped with insurance. I saw a story in the newspaper that 8.7% of valuable items get lost in the mail, so insurance is always advisable.. This may increase the cost of shipping. Also, I will need the address for shipping and the name of the person who will sign for it.
Please expedite this request.

Best Regards, Richard Shiner

Hey I'm going to need this information, right?

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:08:45 AM
Subject: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450

Thanks for mail have offer you the money along with the postage cost via USPS because the item is urgently needed to West Africa,i hope this your paypal id [email protected] so i can send the money now,Friend please i want you to justified the confidence response i repose in you as i look forward for your support and trust in this regard.

Now where did he get THAT paypal account number?
I need to give him the RIGHT account.

Subject: Re: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 10:59 PM

Thank you my friend for your confidence. The paypal id you provided is not correct. The internet packets must have become crossed on the internet but we can overcome that problem... My paypal id is as follows:

[email protected]

Please transfer the required funds to this paypal account and forward the required email confirmation message to me so I can know this is genuine.

I will ship this item immediately by USPS. The USPS offers deluxe extra secure guaranteed speedy delivery service for $35. I need the shipping address please..

I believe that the total money required is as follows:

Golden Necklace: $450
Sales Tax 10% $45
Shipping USPS $25
Insurance $35
Total $555

Please transfer this amount to the paypal account I provided above. I will need the address for shipping please.

Please complete this transaction as early as possible because tomorrow I must travel early on my bicycle to get a circumcision. This procedure is required by my religion and is part of the sacred initiation rites. I am sharing this with you because I realize that you are a sympathetic person who cares about humanity.

Please reply with the paypal confirmation and a shipping address.

Thank you and may you have much happy flatulence.

Richard Shiner

I thought I'd throw in some personal information to make it sound authentic

Sent: Friday, May 1, 2009 11:19:49 AM
Subject: The money send: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450

Hello Friend,
Am write to inform you of the money send by me which am sure paypal must have confirmed you the notification of money deducted out of my account to your account,the money is with paypal in there pending account for secure and some safety reason which am sure you could have aware of,do get back to paypal with the tracking number for the mailing item today so the money can show up in your account once that is confirmed,this is the mailing address below
Name:Olanrewaju Micheal
Address:Layeni Rentals Opp wema Bank Dogo Apata
City:Ibadan
State:Oyo
Zip Code:23402
Thanks and i await your response soon.

Alright! He sent the money! But wait, that's not the right amount

Subject: Re: The money send: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450 (Williamsport, PA)
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 12:20 AM

Hello, my dear Mr. Cruz

I hope that this fine day is providing you with health and hard earned wealth. I just returned from the city where I got my circumcision. Let me tell you, there was no enjoyment riding a bicycle home after that. I must perform the ritual cleansings in accordance with religious law and go submit myself to the grand poobah.

About our business transaction, first let me say that I am very happy that I am dealing with an honest and reputable individual such as yourself. I have other items for sale as well, containing gold, platinum, and silver, at very reasonable prices too.

On my return trip I visited the local post office and bait shop and prepared to send the item you purchased. The master of ceremonies informed me that unfortunately the price he quoted to me previously would take the item to Lagos only. He informed me that shipping to Ibadan is extra because it is more inland.

Would you please remit an additional $1.98 so that the item will be delivered to the apartment of Olanrewaju. Otherwise he will have to travel to Lagos to secure the item. The master of ceremonies informed me that I must return tomorrow with the additional funds to complete the shipping.. Then he will give me the tracking number.

I hope that you see this as an advisable plan..

Your best of best friends in the USA, home of interesting multicultural phenomena.

Richard Shiner

He sends more money.

Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2009 8:01:10 AM
Subject: Re: The money send: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450 (Williamsport, PA)

paypal will notified you soon about the money added to the money send,so get back to paypal with the tracking number once that is done
the address
Name:Olanrewaju Micheal
Address:Layeni Rentals Opp wema Bank Dogo Apata
City:Ibadan
State:Oyo
Zip Code:23402

Letting him know It's all Good, and by the way I have some more stuff

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Nelson Cruz <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2009 11:23:59 AM

Thank you so much and I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience. I will return to the post office and bait shop this afternoon to submit the remaining money to the master of ceremonies. Then we will be good to go.

The other items I mentioned are from the estate of my dear departed great grandmother (may God save her soul) who passed away 2 months ago in a tragic escalator accident. She appeared to me in a dream and instructed me to sell the remaining assets and purchase a memorial in her honor. She would be pleased that I found a person in yourself who will put these items to good and honorable use.

Thank you for your attention and good will.

Richard Shiner

So far he has played along. Lets go for a trophy here
Subject: Fw: The money send: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450 (Williamsport, PA)
To: [email protected]
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 9:36 PM

My friend.

I have just returned from the post office and bait shop with this urgent message. I traveled on my bicycle as fast as I could despite extreme pain from this circumcision. It hurt so bad that I was seeing stars - and it was day time. I presented myself to the grand poobah and he informed me that God must be displeased in some manner which is causing this pain. Perhaps I have been too slow in completing this transaction with a God fearing and upright man like you. I must now repent and complete this transaction with all haste.

In any case, the master of ceremonies at the post office and bait shop informed me that all shipments to your country may be suspended in two days due to the swine flu which is of epidemic proportions in this country. http://www.postalreporter.com/news/2009/04/29/usps-response-to-swine-flu/ He also advised that deliveries in your country often face difficulties, even when no epidemics are present, because many people have names that are spelled the same. Likewise, many locations and streets are also spelled in almost the same manner which often causes confusion to the delivery person.

For both of these reasons, the master of ceremonies advised me MOST URGENTLY that we should act in the utmost haste to provide a PHOTOGTAPH of the recipient (that would be you, my dear friend) to assist the delivery person in completing his appointed duty. Furthermore, the photograph should have a means of identifying you to assure that it is genuine. He advised that you should write the paypal account number on a piece of paper and holding it in front of you in the photograph.

The account number again is [email protected] This should be written in large dark letters to be visible in the photograph and will provide certain identification of you to the delivery person. If you are able to do this quickly, we still have time to finish this transaction TODAY and avoid the swine flu quarantine which is sure to be imposed in this country. The master of ceremonies already took my money and is graciously holding your package until I return with the photograph.

I realize that this is an extra step for us to take, but I am performing the required procedures with all fidelity. Hopefully this will please God and make this evil pain go away.

Please supply a photograph as described above and forward it to me as soon as possible.

Thank you my friend and God bless you and your family.

Richard Shiner

I guess that was too much to ask

To: Ed Brown <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2009 4:04:11 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: The money send: Golden Necklace with diamonds - $450 (Williamsport, PA)

I can see now that you are not ok,what a hell are you talking about are you trying yo scam me

Lets see if we can salvage this thing

Oh no. This is terrible that you should think that. Look, you sent the money and the item better be sent - right?
OK then. I followed every advice of all the people in authority and did exactly what they said and told you exactly what they said too. If you have a problem with any of that, then I don't know what we are supposed to do.

I called the master of ceremonies on the telephone and explained that we need to get this package sent to Lagos regardless. He reluctantly agreed to send it as is. He said that maybe it is best that we do this in case the quarantine does hit us. He gave me the tracking number.

It is on its way to Lagos and it will take approximately 7 days by ship. You can look for it to be delivered to you as follows:

Olanrewaju Micheal
Layeni Rentals Opp wema Bank Dogo Apata
Ibadan
Oyo
Nigeria
Tracking number QFG-184326-574a

I will now check with paypal to receive your money. We will soon see that both you and I have both acted with the utmost integrity.

Your faithful servant,

Dick

Of course I got the zip code slightly wrong in case he doesn't get the item.
Coriolis
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still no response, and maybe this one is dead.

In the meantime I read through many other topics on the board and realize that I need to force the lad to do more work than I do. Long stories don't seem to help unless you can draw them into a dialog. Of course if the long stories have entertainment value or if they can be used for an excuse for not doing something the lad asks, that might make them worth trying.

I have received about 10 other replies and some pure 419 proposals. It looks like I will be busy, but must try to minimize my time investment and maximize theirs.

Thanks for the tips in the other threads!!
Furiousgeorge
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought the dialog was hilarious. I do understand that any time wasted on their part is good but I'm drawn to the dialogs that are funny. Good work.
Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The circumcision/bicycle riding thing was inspired. Well done sir!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic