SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My scammer just sent me a check....or did he?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
stl900
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been leading this scammer o9n for a while now, and he wanted to buy something from me off of craigslist. I gave him the FBI directors name, and the address to send the check to as the FBI Headquarters. He did all of that and wanted me to send him back the 2500.00 he over wrote the check for. I kept stringing him along and told him I cashed the check and I sent it out western union to him. He finally got on my nerves and I told him to google Robert Mueller III, and check the address he sent the check. I told him I forwarded everything to the FBI and I haven't heard back from him....too bad....I have all of the emails saved if anyone wants to check it out.
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he did send the check, the FBI ain't gonna do anything about it.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
stl900
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is his email, and a little taste of what he told me.

[email protected]

Hi,

Robert

Hello and how are you doing today....As a matter of fact our transaction is on and according to UPS,the check will be delivered to you first thing this morning,And once you get it,i guess you know how to handle everything.But there was a little mistake which i guess we can handle amicabely. When i contacted the account department to know maybe the check has already been sent ,i got to know that there was a misinterpretation while sending the check.The problem occur because, i am paying with my salary and i told them to issue out a check in your name for the amount and the rest will be written in my name for the rest of my salary but all the money was sent to you.According to the instruction i gave them,they were suppose to have sent you a check of the actual amount of the (MIKE PIAZZA GAME USED WRISTBAND AUTHENTIC WITH TICKET STUB - $100) but in the process they made a mistake by sending all my salary.They claimed that they thougth i said they should send you a check for the amount of ($2600.56)But that should not disturb our own transaction,I would have loved to send a new check to you and my mover,but i am presently out of town cos my mama is ver very sick, and i am sure we would both handle this. So this is what i think we would do ,once you receive the check, you should cash it imediately and,Also do deduct $100 for your run around expence, you will easily forward the extra money directly to my mover in cash immediately through Money Gram International Transfer.Originally,i had in mind to collect the rest of the money and use the money to pay the mover, since the mover is also picking some other items for me at varoius locations. Pls let me know your schedule so that he will know the best time to come for the pick up and do take good care of goods till he comes.I guess i can confide in you that you can handle it with trust and have it sent to my mover. Here is the tracking number......(1Z909E9T0193645049) This is what i want you to do.....i will like you to deduct the money for your item and then deduct another $100 for your run around expence,and then have the rest sent to my shipper,cos my mover is at the moment stranded and in need of the excess funds.........Go to any walmart outlet around you and have it sent via MONEY GRAM INTERNATIONAL
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You should do as he says and send him money by EmTeeCeeEn SeeCure. It is one of our great baiting tools Smile

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

stl900
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BobCat wrote:
You should do as he says and send him money by EmTeeCeeEn SeeCure. It is one of our great baiting tools Smile

So how would I do that?....I am interested
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll send you by PM Smile

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

stl900 wrote:
He finally got on my nerves and I told him to google Robert Mueller III, and check the address he sent the check.

Hi and welcome! We try not to educate the lad on anything or information that they could recycle on a victim. IMO it would have been better to have left him wondering or thinking that you had spent the money on booze and wild living.

You are new here, so I'll give you this one pass... Wink

Quote:
I told him I forwarded everything to the FBI and I haven't heard back from him....too bad....I have all of the emails saved if anyone wants to check it out.

Did you think he would say "Thank You"? You did a good job of sounding like a victim with that, but it wasn't baiting. It was just telling him off... Confused

I hope you will stay around and learn about baiting as you seem to have some of what is needed to be a baiter.

Quote:
I have been leading this scammer o9n for a while now, and he wanted to buy something from me off of craigslist. I gave him the FBI directors name, and the address to send the check to as the FBI Headquarters.

That wastes the time of th FBI which is not what baiting is about. We bait to waste the time and resources of scammers. I realize you are new and want to fit in here. Please do some reading around the forum and see what we do to waste the time of scammers (not law enforcement).

Quote:
He did all of that and wanted me to send him back the 2500.00 he over wrote the check for. I kept stringing him along and told him I cashed the check and I sent it out western union to him.

Another reason he dropped you. He figured out you didn't send him anything. You could have had more fun telling him that you spend the whole amount on booze and loose living. That could get at him in two ways, 1. He thinks you actually spend the money and he got none; 2. Booze and loose living is against most religions, and most lads are religious.

Poke around here and learn what baiting is please...

Oh and if I didn't say it, Welcome! Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
stl900
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new, and didn't even know you all existed when I was dealing with this guy. I had fun jacking him around. I will learn the tricks and tools from here, and will learn what is needed to properly bait and waste time. Thanks for the advice and help from all....
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What I posted is not meant as a put down, it is meant to be instructional.

I hope you stay around and learn the ways of the baiters. It looks like you have some great raw talent!

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@stl900 - here are a few tips that relate to your initial post, which will help you get started on your basic baiting knowledge:

1. Time-wasting rule: fake-check-lads are a dime a dozen. Saving the emails, reporting them, sending the emails somewhere - waste of time. Law enforcement can't do anything because the scammer is likely in Nigeria, and the victims are often in the US or UK. One of the key objectives of baiting is to waste the lads' time, not anyone else's.

2. ITP rule: never have checks sent to a real address. That involves an innocent third party. FBI, the local police department - they won't do anything with them. They can't. They are worthless pieces of paper with no connection to the scammer. There are bazillions of them floating around.

3. Bait safe rule: never bait using your real email, name or any other identifying info. Create a free email addy on gmail or some other free service. Make up a name. Never give any real info.

That should get you started. Welcome to Eater, read the stickies, bait safe! Smile

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic