SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Quitting smoking.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

windypops wrote:
Never smoked myself, but what exactly is it you would miss or be giving up?

All the money you burn, bad breath, stinky clothes, that hacking cough, the yellow stains on your fingers, the guilt every time you light up? So on and so forth.... Wink

Not to mention the premature aging, the random strangers ALWAYS wanting to bum a cigarette from you, the shortness of breath...

The hardest part of quitting, as mentioned by Connie, is that you will forget that you actually wanted to quit. Your brain will play games with you. And when you remember that you really did want to quit, your brain will tell you you weren't really serious about it.

This is why people who've successfully quit tend to develop such an aversion to smoking; they need that powerful, visceral, very negative emotional response to remember just how serious they were about quitting.

"How i wish i can get out of here today and get is head off."- Name withheld due to currently ongoing bait (Started by Becky; I just scored an easy death threat through a minor assist. Still, I'm proud of it)
Please note, I am a total newbie at this. Feel free to slap me down if I say something dumb.
Pith Helmet- Still ongoing. Thanks, Becky and Corona, for letting me in on the fun!
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SNUS, I've switched to it instead of smoking. I might have 3-4 a day, I don't miss the cigarettes at all now.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

windypops wrote:
Never smoked myself, but what exactly is it you would miss or be giving up?

Looking "extra" cool in high school and getting to hang out on the hill that is technically off campus. Other than that, I don't have the vaguest clue. As soon as the time machine is invented I am going to go back in time and tell myself I am an idiot.

Yeah, okay I know, there isn't going to be a time machine. No matter because I probably wouldn't listen anyway.

Kids don't start smoking! Listen to the ghost Wink

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The reason I haven't quit smoking is because I'm mildly manic-depressive, and the nicotine in a pack of cigarettes is just the right dosage of antidepressants to keep my mood swings under control. I started smoking at 23, and looking back on my younger days I wonder how anyone was able to put up with me before I started smoking.

This is why that electronic cigarette seems really appealing to me; I don't want to quit, but I wouldn't mind getting my nicotine in a safer way.

Fortunately, I live in a city full of potheads, so I think I can just say it's a smokeless pipe and they'll all think it's the coolest thing ever.

By the way, Ghost, I was wondering... did you go for the model that looks like a cigarette? I figured I'd actually feel less self-conscious using the one that looks LEAST like a cigarette; the NCIG model, in burgundy. So, that's what I ordered. I'll let everyone know if I still feel silly using it.

"How i wish i can get out of here today and get is head off."- Name withheld due to currently ongoing bait (Started by Becky; I just scored an easy death threat through a minor assist. Still, I'm proud of it)
Please note, I am a total newbie at this. Feel free to slap me down if I say something dumb.
Pith Helmet- Still ongoing. Thanks, Becky and Corona, for letting me in on the fun!
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it's easy for non smokers to make light of giving up.

But I also know from friends and relatives how hard it is and even more insidious the effects of the craving can be. I have heard that the brain is chemically altered by long term smoking and the germ is always there.

Many friends have given up and become the worst proselytizing, anti smoking zealots you can imagine. But as soon as any real stress or mishaps come along, they dash straight back to the old crutch.

In the end it boils down to an old fashioned battle of wills. I'm just glad I didn't smoke my way through the pain barrier like most of my friends did at school.

Use all the tools at your disposal Blah, You're bound to find one that works if you keep at it. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its been two days and hopefully the worst of the cravings are over. They will always be there, just not as physically intense in the future. This weekend, don't go drinking with the guys if they smoke and try to get some exercise instead of having a big meal. Plan a nice mini vacation during the summer with part of the money you will save on cigarettes and the triple bypass. When you pass by the smokers standing outside the office building, don't take the big breath, hoping to score some second hand nicotine. One last point, focus on the physical part of sex, not the afterglow and the cigarettes. Look forward to a more intense physiological response in the future.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Owd Git
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.champixinfo.co.uk/

Been smoke free for 12 weeks, I've quit lots of times before and failed. Using this I don't even want to smoke.

Most certainly a life saver.

"You have thought me never to trust any man." Paul Williams
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the necro, but I just got my electronic cigarette two days ago. Apparently it was featured on a Fox News show and Njoy's been horribly backlogged ever since.

Anyway, I really like it. I put it to good use at a bar where I do trivia contests with a few friends. My friends who don't smoke thought it was pretty cool, too, because I didn't have to go outside and they weren't bothered at all by my "smoke." None of the other bar patrons or staff complained, either, but I did make a point of showing our waitress the information card that came with it in case she wanted to veto my use of it or she got some complaints about some guy smoking in the bar.

The regular flavor smells like brown sugar. I got a pack of menthol cartridges with it, because that's what I normally smoke, but for some reason that flavor is really irritating to my throat. The regular was very nice, though. I've placed an order for all the other flavors, too (apple, strawberry, and vanilla), but the way things are going now it'll probably be another month before they arrive.

So, for now I'm going to have to continue smoking the old-fashioned way for the most part. I'll just save my electronic cigarette for those trivia nights (and similar events) until I'm able to get a steady flow of cartridges established.

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn. Two bits of bad news. The first being that all the suffering you put yourself through was for naught. The second, you think that fox is news.

Edit- I do like the part where you wrote "apparently". This gives me hope that you were not personally watching so I hope that you live long and prosper.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Brush4
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just stick to it!! I went cold turkey about five years ago! Tried that gum rubbish (Diiiisguuuusssttiinng). I chewed one for about five mins - never -ever again!

I am afraid that it is really all down to you and your will power. Surround yourself with friends that will support you and try to live your life as normal (minus the fags 'course).

I gave up sugar in tea/coffee at the same time. Not sure why! Was afraid of weight gain I s'pose! Anyway, I have to report that that was way, way easier than cigarettes.

If it makes it any easier, take it out on us and your lads - Laughing

All the best - and keep up the good work

Ian
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, Connie, the main reason I don't watch Fox News is because I don't have cable. I'd have to give the network a fair chance if I had cable, just like I'd give CNN and MS-NBC a fair chance, but I don't watch enough TV to make cable worth the cost. I prefer to get my news from the internet. It's free! Very Happy

Oh, and it definitely wasn't for nothing that I tried the electronic cigarette. I plan to use it more once I decide what my favorite flavor is, and get my timing right for ordering replacement cartridges. The only thing I've found unpleasant about it so far is the menthol cartridge.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic