SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Worst thing you have ever eaten.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightly, I didn't think you wanted anyone else to know your real name was Marty. Or should I call you (heidy) Smile
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

eeech
I've wandered into the wrong thread

No Strawberry Wobbler and Nobby's Mum's Distressed Pudding

I can never bring myself to eat haggis

or anything with chicken, pork, lamb, chicken, turkey, duck, fish, chicken, rabbit, seafood, tripe, chicken, anything with a face ( that doesnt go moo -OK veggie but I LOVE steak- oh and sometime the local butchers bacon but surely eating broccoli balances that )

and I Loathe anything aniseed
and gin
tazmanian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cherrie wrote:
Quote:
My worst eat still has to be Durian

Not so much the taste...the smell is probably worse.

Now don't start me off on eating weird stuff. Every so often I disappear into the jungles of Northern Thailand for a week or so.

Nothing out of the ordinary on the menu there...Frogs..Rats...Snake. There is even a little man that treks to the door once a week selling insects. The Thai's eat them like peanuts Shocked

I can never understand with all the great food they have available out here...why they eat catapillers?

My wife's favourite as all the Mod team are aware is...'Squid in toffee'

I actually quite like Durian. The insect thing gets me too, it's not just the poor or lower class that eat them either. Som Tam Bplaa is another classic Smile

"If this is a game you are pulling with us please stop we are not such people you have to be playing games with." - Mr. Charn Sophonpanich
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree - Durian although smelly, is very tasty.

The worst thing I've ever put in my mouth is Sea Urchin Sushi. puke

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Dr. Thaddeus Venture
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was drunk in Japan and had Horse Sashimi (raw Horse meat). Still Balut Is still the worst thing I put in my mouth. I did not eat it though I barfed.

Last edited by Dr. Thaddeus Venture on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

meat Sad

and fish

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Steak Tatare in a Geneva Hotel - when they told me it was 'cold', I didnt realise they meant 'raw'. Shocked

It came with a garnish of raw egg. puke

Luckily, I got that 'you need a toilet and you need it now' feeling in the gut just before I got on the plane home - 10 minutes later could have been a disaster. Confused

Deep fried spiders are quite common in ladland, get your pet to munch one for you and take a photo.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't think I have eaten anything as terrible as some of the things above, but my ex hubby did. One night I was cooking spag bol, slapped the mince into the pan and after a few minutes cooking decided it smelt dreadful, checked the sell by date and it was a few days over. Anyway, hubby comes in the kitchen and starts on at me, blah blah bloody blah. So I left the stuff simmering on the stove and naffed off to bed cos I couldn't be doing with the argument.

It was only the next day that he said he had finished cooking the spag bol and eaten it and it "tasted funny". I was dying with laughter inside that he had eaten minging rotten mince.

Closed lad accounts
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chicken
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Porridge. I try it again every decade or so, and I still hate it.
Petrol. It tastes terrible and repeats more than kippers. (I was syphoning it)
Fish curry. Nothing wrong with that, and it tasted great, The trouble was, I was a young student and the fish was whole. Rather than destroy the thing taking the bones out I thought I'd cook it first and it'd be easier to take the bones out. It wasn't; it was dangerous.
Tea. I was revising for finals. I'd make a pot of tea and half of it would go cold before I was ready for a second cup. There was a warmer plate on the coffee maker. The first time I didn't take the tea bags out. Tea stewed for an hour tastes almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea. The next time I took the tea bags out and it worked.

I'll try anything once, and I can handle most things although I haven't had the "opportunity" to try whole testicles or eye-balls etc.

Raw blood pudding sandwiches - definitely, I've always eaten it that way. It definitely takes up took much fat when fried. A couple of slices on a breakfast plate is OK, but I couldn't manage much of the deep-fried one I had once.

Kippers - delicious. they do keep repeating. A meal you can enjoy all day. In fact with all the bones, it's usually lunch time before I've finished breakfast.

Snails - indistinguishable from shell-fish
Frogs-legs - tastes like chicken

When I was young I am told I sampled rabbit droppings. I don't remember the taste, but it can't have been bad since I ate more than one.

Pig's feet - tastes nice although the jellied texture gets to me eventually.
Rabbit - a nice meat. Had it a lot when I was young.
Haggis - delicious
Raki - the Turkish Ouzo. Delicious, especially with warm water.

My sister and I eat raw celery dipped in sugar. Try it, it's delicious.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
Chicken

I agree, I tried it once and it tasted like... wait, what?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alsatian dog - can't believe I forgot that. Turkey, Istanbul 1983. Took it for a walk and then ate it. Disgusting. Don't try it.

Purple Flower
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The worst has to be coriander (cilantro)- tastes like sick. Followed closely by Branston pickle- its making me heave just thinking of it

I love kippers though Smile

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maggiemay wrote:
The worst has to be coriander (cilantro)- tastes like sick.

Funny you should mention that, I ran into some the other day, in a salsa. I've always disliked it, but never could describe the taste. You hit the nail on the head with your description.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

worst thing i ever had was a drink, actually. Was some sort of liquor, about 20 degrees, based on ginger. The very second it touched my tongue i threw up. Worst thing ever, and coming from a guy that ate raw fish hearts and guinea pigs (kinda like rabbit) that means a lot..

Last edited by Caligula on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caligula wrote:
Was some sort of liquor

Are you insane? Liquor is the juice of life, I have never found a bad variety.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

believe me, i can enjoy good beers, i love drinking wine in the sun, ill have the heavier stuff after my dinner, i love them all..

except that single one.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I'll take your word for it.

Welcome to Eater BTW.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maggiemay wrote:
The worst has to be coriander (cilantro)- tastes like sick. Followed closely by Branston pickle- its making me heave just thinking of it

I love kippers though Smile

Sad

Do you dislike the coriander seeds too, or just the leaves? I've heard of people describing the taste to them as being soapy -but not like sick.

I love kippers too. Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Do you dislike the coriander seeds too, or just the leaves?

The leaves taste like puke.

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I ate a sardine, bacon and whip cream pizza once. I prefer haggis and black pudding to that stuff. Shocked
mugu molester
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The worst thing I've eaten has to be the surstromming that was served to me in Sweden. Basically it's fermented fish. The smell is actually even more horrible than the taste puke No offense to any Swedes here Very Happy

NOW I NO YOU ARE A REAL SON OF A BITCH BORN BY A BASTARD DRUNKARD. - mr.Barry Uba

Note you did not send me any money and you are causing a big problem. - barrister Mus4 B3llo
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
The leaves taste like puke.

You're just not tasting it. Laughing

Quote:
Dr. Wysocki contends dislike of cilantro stems from its odor, not its taste. His hypothesis is that those who don't like it are unable to detect chemicals in the leaf that are pleasing to those who like the herb.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123446387388578461.html

@mugu molestor

I'd try Surströmming - once.

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lotta
Coriander seeds are fine by me but the leaves and stems - pure sick. I heard that you either love or hate the stuff.

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Diana Prince
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When traveling, I strive so hard, so very hard, to be appreciative of hospitality generously offered by local acquaintances, regardless of my personal taste preferences.
(Which run to meat and potatoes and salt and beer and green veggies such as asparagus and peas, just in case anybody here is looking forward to meeting me any time soon).

In France I had no more than a smidge of a problem with escargot/snails and frogs legs (although I drowned them all in garlic butter and tried not to think about where they had originated).

In Ireland I smiled while drinking tea (which I don't care for) and eating scones with raisins
(raisins, yuckkkkkk -- I told someone that raisins tasted like dead flies, and he asked, "How would you know what dead flies taste like?").

In Mexico, I cheerfully polished off the end of a dinner by eating a dessert of candy made from goat's milk.

And during a summer teaching assignment in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, I managed to enjoy, or at least to tolerate, moose meat, and seal flipper pie, and cod tongue --
<teeny-tiny fish tongues first removed before my very eyes from freshly caught local codfish, and then dredged in flour, and finally deep-fried in oil -- honest!>.

But the Korean delicacy of kimchi (fermented cabbage), presented by the dear wife of a dear friend -- oh, that was the most serious challenge to my gag reflex ever!

Quote:
From Wikipedia: "Kimchi (pronounced /ˈkɪmtʃɪ/, Korean pronunciation: [kimtɕʰi]), also spelled gimchi, kimchee, or kim chee, is a traditional Korean pickled dish made of vegetables with varied seasonings. Its most common manifestation is the spicy baechu (cabbage) variety. Kimchi is the most common banchan, or side dish. Kimchi is also a common ingredient and combined with other ingredients to make dishes such as kimchi stew (kimchi jjigae) and kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokkeumbap). Kimchi is so ubiquitous that the Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI) developed space kimchi to accompany the first Korean astronaut to the Russian-manned space ship Soyuz."

Closed lad accountsEaster Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic