SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Lousy week so far... now with added wreckage

View next topic
View previous topic

Roycropper
Undead Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about your daughter, iMike, I've been away on my bike all week, and just read about it.

Steel and plastic can be fixed, if she is on the mend, that's the important bit.

The system where you can just jump on a bike with zero lessons has a lot to answer for sometimes. My first trip on my newly bought BSA Bantam was to the pub to celebrate my 17th Birthday! After failing to make a corner on the way home (noone had really explained the leaning over thing) I ended up pushing home a bent bike covered in muck and blood from my skinned hands. (Plastic 'leather effect' gloves Rolling Eyes ) My Mum seemed relieved - she thought I'd never go on a bike again.

Daughter definitely needs teaching some roadsense before she has another go, that was a big wakeup call.

Check the frame is stright by putting a tube or broom handle through the steering head bearings, then you can check the steering head is in line with the centre line of the frame and 90 degrees to the swinging arm spindle. If not it will pull to one side and wear tyres unevenly.

It may be possible to get the fork tubes rolled straight, though an ebay front end is the easiest option. Give me a shout if youre stuck for any tools, I can have a root in my toolboxes for you.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm glad she's going to be ok Mike. As you probably already know, the best way to ride is act as though everyone else is out to kill you. That has saved my ass more than once.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having had another look & a think, I'm guessing that the bus ran over the complete front end - the bars wouldn't have ended up like that just from an impact - they've been squashed!

Been pricing parts up on ebay - mix of new & old. Already reached £500!! Think it's going to end up stripped for spare parts & scrapped. Sad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Mike, Glad to hear that your daughter is fine. Also good to hear that she wants to get back out on the road. Don't want her to develop a fear that will last a lifetime. My son broke his ankle playing hockey and never went back on the ice again.

My niece was in a car accident last week. Poor thing, she graduated college in Dec and just got her first "real" job and was driving to work on her third day. The sun blinded her and she ran into the back of a parked truck. The car is totalled and she is on crutches, but just bumps and bruises.

Our kids will always be our babies even when they have grown into adults.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ nasty. Hope she recovers quickly. We don't get enough sun over here for that kind of accident!

So far (touch wood) I've only had 1 car accident (swerved to avoid someone pulling out of a side road, overcompensated & stuffed my little Renault into the front of a parked BMW) & 1 bike accident (during traning! Got too close to the edge of the road exiting a bend & caught the footpeg on a small grass bank - that flipped me onto my side). The car accident put me off for a little while, but not the bike accident.

Think it's going to be a little while before she's ready for anything yet. Yesterday she stepped out into the road in front of traffic - wasn't really aware what she was doing. Luckily, wifey was with her. Doc reckons she's still got some mild concussion. At the moment, she's not being left on her own!

Edit: @Roy, thanks for the offer. Think I'll be ok taking bits off but I'll bear it in mind.
Might end up giving (selling?) her my little Yamaha. Currently in negotiations with Mrs to buy her Peugeot off her. She'll be looking for something else small & economical. Getting rid of the big Nissan - served it's purpose but it's too expensive for commuting. If I fancy carrying on with a bike, there's always the MZ in the garage.. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic