SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My Dakar 'wife' & friend are going to Gambia on friday!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This has been going on for ~130 emails back and forth. Originally contacted the end of January where it began as a Refugee send-me-money scam. It was also backed by a Reverend and the three of us have exchanged emails back and forth.

She professed her love to me & I retaliated with a fairly authentic US Immigration form. It turns out that the application was just too much for her & after accepting advice from the good Reverend, she turned to the MG modality as she was starving for food. We've spoken back and forth and I know that this is actually two lads; my future wife is in fact female for once, and the Reverend is a guy.

What I do know is that she has a good command of english and they are both working out of Dakar. I have a feeling she's pretty slick with this love pitch and I am also baiting her from another identity. The only *right* thing for my character to do was to send her last years iPhone, some clothes and two laptops. Cause everyone knows a starving girl in a refugee camp and the helpful Reverend and his Parish could really use one! Oh-and the $1500 in cash I stuffed in between the computers. Hell, I even insured them with my BS shipping company.

Turns out delivery in this part of West Africa is actually sub-contracted to a mysterious shipping company out of Seattle. I've doctored some receipts and sent lots of unseeingable *.dll files with little complaint.

Over the past few days it went from Laddie:
Quote:
i receives a call from the courier agent, and they told me that; the package is in Gambia not Senegal, But some one have to help me and travel to Gambia to receives the package, please i will like you to call the courier agent and ask them to give you there office address in Gambia so that, it will be easier for me to locate where they are in Gambia..

Thanks to Mr_Scissor for a nicely played phone call.

I just love it when it gets in Lads heads first that they have to do something.. she's really keen for the package.

I said:
Quote:
..the <courier agent> also said that it is very important that if you are incurring any costs, like a hotel and transportation to go there to keep the bills. I guess the good thing about the insurance is that you are entitled for expenses up to $500 US for what ever it costs for you to go there and get your computers..

So.. she has it in her mind that whatever it costs to get to the couriers warehouse (conveniently located at Gambia's only airport 35 kms out of town just over the boarder from Senegal) the courier will happily pay her when she arrives to make up any of those pesky expenses

Now, the greedy little lad, after all I've done for her, wants to sweeten the pot even more. She asked me to WU her some cash for her little dusty bus ride..
Quote:
on Friday we will be there to pick the package and as soon as we get back i will inform you ok, please can you send me some money today for my transport to Gambia, money gram or western union money transfer ??

Give give give. What am I made of money?? Rolling Eyes But my favorite part of the above is in bold.."they're" going to pick up the package on Friday

So could this be two traveling buddies for this weekend?? Checkin' the weather its about 92' before noon today and the bus connections are not exactly first class. Finding some info about the north/ south route shows potholes along the main 'road' with descriptions of taxi's just busting through the scrub to beat the customs ques. Oh, and hopefully there will be an overloaded ferry to get on, depending on the route you must take. Brief description of roads in Gambia

And... isn't there going to be all sorts of confusion with the long weekend in N America and MG 'closed' for the holidays??

Y'know.. I think I will send my friends some money.. but I have a feeling its going to be MG and it is likely going to be for them in Gambia.

Gotta have some incentive for a crappy & uncomfortable bus ride!! From Dakar to the border is ~165 miles. Then at least 40, plus overcrowded ferry then to the airport!

Good times good times
Comments please

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She was delightful to talk to, even at 2am Senegal time. Twisted Evil

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
yournamehere
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice!
I think we can only whish them a pleasant trip, and that they'll enjoy the scenery Very Happy
I know the road from the airport to the city of Banjul is really crowed and is one of the few asphalt-roads. Most of the other roads are gravel and really dusty... tell her to keep those lap-top's packed well! Twisted Evil
GetDemGoing
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Been lurkring for a while but can now contribute Smile

I've done this route myself from Senegal down to the ferry on the north bank and into Banjul

The border crossing nearest the ferry is one of the only border crossing's I had to pay a "fee" for crossingig you see what I mean.

The Ferry is notorious for being un-reliable and not having enough lifebelts. It's a largish ferry but everything goes on it including livestock so it can be a bit smelly and noisy.

The road to the Airport is on a major road which is pretty good when it comes to roads in The Gambia.

Friday is a change over day for tour operators flying into Banjul and it's madness there with porters , reps and tourist coaches and taxis. Also heavy security
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck with your safari, dh_mac! Very Happy
And picking a Friday looks like it could be a lucky break with all the delays. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you've put in as much effort as it appears, it should work well for you.

Good luck Very Happy

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GetDem: Thanks for the report from the sidelines. Very good information.

Yup, I have been nurturing this lop sided relationship for some time. And then I get this bright spot of good news this morning..
Quote:
please darling it is not mean that i am asking you more money again, just money for transport from Senegal to Gambia that is what i am asking you for..

Ohhh okay. So I can imagine you guys in the nickel gallery/ forum here rolling your eyes.. but I broke down and said that even though there was no WU in town, I thought I knew where a MG office could be. Hopefully, my character will make it *just* before closing time.

Agghh - I neglected to mention that this happens to be Eastern long here in N America. >darn<

I'll send an email in a few hours with a somewhat legible copy of a MG receipt to her. But to help out even more, I thought I may as well send it to Gambias Trust bank Airport location. AND they happen to have a RL location there. Too bad they're likely gonna be closed by the time I explain about the holiday/ time delay/ and what ever other mixup there happens to be between now and tomorrow.

..did I mention there happens to be an internet cafe at the airport ?? Smile According to the almighty Google there is!

The icing on the cake was..
Quote:
Darling, please sue my roommate name and send the money today immediately so that, i will receives it today so by tomorrow morning around 6;am, i will be going to Gambia by road

So T minus 7 hours an countin' at this point. Hopefully the Border guards are extra nasty and the ferry is fresh!

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic