SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

do 419 scams still occure---you betcha!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shaman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I copied this from a local newspaper today 04/24/2009

Rydal man reports forged check, scam

BCSO deputies took a report Wednesday from a Rydal man who said he had cashed a forged check from someone that had contacted him via Craigslist.

According to the incident report, the alleged victim said he had an agreement with a man in another state to sell a tow bar for $300 via FedEx. He said the man sent a check in the amount of $1,150, which he cashed because a bank teller told him it was not a fake.

The victim was instructed to send the other $850 to another person, who would pick up the tow bar.

The bank later notified the victim that the routing number on the check was not for the bank listed.

oh well, live and learn the hard way

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
He said the man sent a check in the amount of $1,150, which he cashed because a bank teller told him it was not a fake

i wonder whether that bit is true - i suspect that some victims are economical with the truth sometimes.
the victim obviously had his doubts, else he would not have raised the question of fakeness with the teller.
a bank teller would have to be very rash to express an opinion based on the appearance of a cheque.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic