SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Banned email accounts.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Has GMail/Google mail ever banned your account?

No.
87%
 87%  [ 36 ]
Yes, baiting account and real/personal account.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, just the baiting account.
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

PotatoLover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone here had their GMail / GoogleMail accounts banned? Google's Terms of Service says not to
Quote:
Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email.

I hope this doesn't include fictional persons! (Or say, if a JJ Jingleheimer exists somewhere out there.)

Has anyone had their personal/real account closed down for their baiting activities on another account?
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ You mean I am not DoraTheExplorer? Shocked

Nope, never happened to me. And who is going to report me? A lad? And how would gmail connect my baiting account to my RL account? Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
PotatoLover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No need to full quote the messages directly above, just use "^^" - OD

Well, they do track the IP addresses used for logins. Basically if they see your IP login to [email protected] then a few minutes later login to real-account@gmail they could potentially know both are yours. I don't know if they create a link like that or not, though.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had an account at Mail.com banned. This was for replying to a scammer, since Mail.com flags all the suspicious words and thought I was a scammer. Very Happy
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Potato, I can see that. I suppose it is possible. I am currently signed in to 3 different gmail accounts * at this moment and usually am all day long. So someone could connect the dots if they tried.

I would guess gmail has it in the TOS to be able to enforce it if needed. I just wonder why they would worry about it unless they had a specific complaint.

Very Happy

* I just realized they were all fake accounts. I hardly ever check my RL email addy. I just did. 87 emails! I suppose I should actually answer RL people every now and then. Laughing

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
dadeciple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had a gmail account disabled. Not sure why though.
PotatoLover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dadeciple wrote:
I have had a gmail account disabled. Not sure why though.

That's mostly the only reason why I am worried. I know with some of their other products Google tends to close/ban accounts without listing reasons or allowing anyway to get it back or find out why it was closed. GMail doesn't deal with any money or payment though, so it is probably different as it avoids any direct fraud on their part.

I'd just hate to have all my accounts go 'poof' one day on Google's whim. Now's a good time to download hard copies of those emails I guess. Smile
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gmail is usually pretty friendly towards baiters. I've only lost one account and it was a fake lad account.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Between all my baiter characters and my fake lads, I have literally dozens of gmail accounts. Never lost one.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had two Fastmail accounts closed on me.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
dadeciple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have around 10 or so gmail accounts and only had one of them closed. If I had to guess why it was probably because I was sending a lot of mail out of it for a certain mass lotto bait involving a certain Mr. Gom3r.
gonzo4life
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have reported HUNDREDS of scam emails to Yahoo and they closed maybe one in five that I reported. Even so, I reported some a second or third time before they actually closed it.

If they banned you for baiting, it would seem that they are doing too little too late and to the wrong person.

This is why I gave-up reporting scams to these guys.

If you look at 419baiter's lists, you'll see that the vast majority of email accounts are either from Yahoo or Hotmail/Live. You can't tell me that most of those accounts haven't been reported by somebody. Yet, they are still around.

As I have always said: if free webmail providers like Yahoo and Hotmail had taken more aggressive action in the days when this scam was new, it wouldn't be as prevalent as it is right now.

But, no they dragged their feet and let some accounts stay open for YEARS so that people could get scammed. It's not like they didn't know the scams were happening and that their services were being used to facilitate them. They knew and did nothing about it.

If Yahoo, Hotmail, et al had slammed the door on these guys when they had just gotten started, then they might have realized the futility of trying to pull these scams and maybe tried something else.

If a smalltimer like O2.PL can shutdown a scammer account with one report and take less than a couple of days to do it, you can't tell me that Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc can't do the same thing.

Let me tell you, if Yahoo, Hotmail and the other companies would go through 419baiter's site and see all the accounts listed there and shut them down, then go through baiting sites and shutdown the accounts listed in the Surplus forums, then you'd see a drastic decline in scams in less than a couple of weeks. It would cripple the scammers if they had their accounts closed on a massive level and if they knew that a new account would get shutdown in a day or so of being reported.

But, that's not going to happen in our lifetimes.

Sorry for ranting. But, when I think about all the accounts I reported that were never shutdown and all the people who were scammed from mugus using Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail and the others, while the webmail companies sat back and didn't do a goddamned thing, it just makes me RAGE!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gonzo4life wrote:
I have reported HUNDREDS of scam emails to Yahoo and they closed maybe one in five that I reported.

It's not a good idea to try to get the lads' accounts shut down since they will just pop back up with another one. The more effective solution is to get information about their scams posted online (at ScamWarners.com for instance) with their email address so if a potential victim does a Google search they will find this information. So in this sense it is an asset for a lad to keep the same email address for a long period of time because they will leave a footprint on the internet that will easily reveal them as a scammer if searched. Wink

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
malcom reynolds
Not quite a Newb

Location: go straighty from the sun and its the 3rd planet on the right you cant miss it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nope!
but my main one has been disabled a couple of times requiring me to prove im a human and not a spambot when i log in

I am attorney and a deceased client of mine- p4ul

pls i am beginning you don't allow us involve FBI k -j0hn m4rt1n5
Acer
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@gonzo

Actually closing down lads accounts isn't real effective. From what I understand they write down all of their victims names and emails, so closing down an account won't necessarily result in them losing victims.

And it's way too easy to set up a new account. Give a lad five minutes and they have a new account with a slightly modified name and will still be going strong.

Shutting down a lads account is nothing more than a mild inconvenience for them, and risks compromising any baiters efforts that were baiting them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the past, I have lost about a dozen gmail accounts I use for mass insult baits. However, in about the past six months that has not been the case.

Now, getting lad accounts closed is not really very helpfull. They will just open another one. A few years ago, you needed an invitation to open a gmail account. Back then, account closings were likely a bit more inconvient for lads.

Wasting the lads time by baiting them is a better use of resources.

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gonzo4life wrote:
As I have always said: if free webmail providers like Yahoo and Hotmail had taken more aggressive action in the days when this scam was new, it wouldn't be as prevalent as it is right now.

with all due respect, i think that is nonsense. "in the days when this scam was new", email didn't exist. email was simply a new delivery system for the same old scams that have been around for years. as for more action on the part of yahoo or hotmail... I honestly don't think they, or anyone, would have guessed to sheer volume of spam/scam mail that is now delivered. in hindsight, it's easy to say they should have done more, but at the time I'm sure they thought whatever measures they had in place were adequate.

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gonzo4life wrote:

If you look at 419baiter's lists, you'll see that the vast majority of email accounts are either from Yahoo or Hotmail/Live. You can't tell me that most of those accounts haven't been reported by somebody. Yet, they are still around.

gonzo, this is an interesting and naive view. It takes a scammer/lad only a minute or two to start a new email account (just as it does baiters). Many lads use a "disposable" account to send their script out, then a different one for the "reply to".

gonzo4life wrote:

But, no they dragged their feet and let some accounts stay open for YEARS so that people could get scammed. It's not like they didn't know the scams were happening and that their services were being used to facilitate them. They knew and did nothing about it.

There is not a "super cop" on the internet. I know that some times people get upset at a "friend" or "ex" and report their account so that it gets closed out of spite. I can understand why providers don't instantly close user accounts AND why they don't give users that option either. The spam filters do a pretty good job if they are set tight enough.

Law enforcement itself is not that preventative. They have cause for action typically AFTER some law breaking action has occurred. Why an email provider would be quicker to respond is a mystery to me. I understand your passion against scammers, and I share that. I dont' put the onus on the email providers though.

gonzo4life wrote:
If Yahoo, Hotmail, et al had slammed the door on these guys when they had just gotten started, then they might have realized the futility of trying to pull these scams and maybe tried something else.

Scams existed before email. The go on in other forms of RL too. I like your dreamer thinking, I just think that it is fantasy and spitting into the wind. I don't think that email providers thought that their medium would be used in that way and they have done some to try to eliminate scammers. (Remember the internet was developed by academic and government to communicate and convey information between like agencies. Only later was it opened to the public.)

gonzo4life wrote:
If a smalltimer like O2.PL can shutdown a scammer account with one report and take less than a couple of days to do it, you can't tell me that Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc can't do the same thing.

It is easier to do that the smaller you are. Remember the email provider's primary function to to generate an audience for their ads and revenue for their stock holders. For them, scammers are a minor nuisance, that is all. It is like suing the beer producers for alcoholism. We try to educate as well as baiting (edubaiting?). I hate scammers and what they do to victims.

gonzo4life wrote:
Let me tell you, if Yahoo, Hotmail and the other companies would go through 419baiter's site and see all the accounts listed there and shut them down, then go through baiting sites and shutdown the accounts listed in the Surplus forums, then you'd see a drastic decline in scams in less than a couple of weeks. It would cripple the scammers if they had their accounts closed on a massive level and if they knew that a new account would get shutdown in a day or so of being reported.

Again, this seems like naive thinking to me. The scammers would open new accounts, Surplus gets only a small percentage of scams that are out on the net. Those providers do have filters that look for markers to help stem the tide. It is impossible to totally stop scamming and spamming, just as pick pockets and Ponzi schemers are impossible to stop. The best thing is awareness and Eater does that as do the victim support sites.

I like your passion. I think your wish is just that a wish into the wind. Sad

gonzo4life wrote:
Sorry for ranting. But, when I think about all the accounts I reported that were never shutdown and all the people who were scammed from mugus using Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail and the others, while the webmail companies sat back and didn't do a goddamned thing, it just makes me RAGE!

Take it out on the lads with your baiting! Cool Reporting accounts (obviously) doesn't do much if anything. Baiting "takes a bite out of crime". I encourage you to use your passion to make the lads hurt! Thumbs up

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Mr. Kruse
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
I had two Fastmail accounts closed on me.

I just had my Fastmail account closed on me. I wasn't spamming or doing the ASEM thing. And I had just received a bank account and wanted to turn it in to Allen. Mad

Here is what they gave for an excuse:

Quote:
Your FastMail account '[email protected]' was recently detected as
an account sending bulk/duplicative email. The Terms of Service that you
agreed to on signup prohibits sending of "duplicative messages".

They went on to say this:

Quote:
Section 4
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to: Use the
Service in connection with ... any duplicative or unsolicited messages
---

Due to your breaking of our Terms and Service we have no way but to
permanently lock your account.

Needless to say I was upset about this as I had some hours invested in numerous baiting schemes, now all out the window.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the Webmaster himself? This is the guy who signed the email:

Quote:
Yassar Ali Abdussalam
FastMail.FM Webmaster

"STUPID MOFO...U NO GET MONEY BUY CC....FUCKIN BROKE N#%%&" - Lee Gatsby, CC Mogul

Closed lad accounts X 297
Spain x3 United Kingdom x51 Cambodia Flag x2 France x5 United States x17 South Africa x5 Ghana x18 x17 China x2 Malaysia x2 Ivory Coast x3 Germany x3 Benin x3 Switzerland Netherlands Canada Flag Pakistan Filipino flag Belgium Burkina Faso Denmark Australia Indonesia Turkey Thailand
Easter Egg 2013
Sand Timer Anita and Tex
$7,715 so far of bad checks captured.

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Dirteh Sanchez
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ScammedOut wrote:
I had an account at Mail.com banned. This was for replying to a scammer, since Mail.com flags all the suspicious words and thought I was a scammer. Very Happy

You are joking right?
Mail.com? Anti-scammer?

Please keep you head down, them there flyin' pigs might hit ya...

Killed Scammer Banks >200 (gave up counting longgggggg ago.) Jolly Roger x5 x2 Mortar

Location: I was born and raised in... oh look something shiny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had 2 of my gmail baiter accounts innaccesable for unknown reasons.

I contacted Gmail and they were back up and running in short order. maybe it was a coincidence and my email did nothing?

"FUCK YOU".
"I know person like you fucking scammer".
"FUCK YOU ASHOLE".
"fuck off" Mr Fr@nk Ch@ka
"You are nothing but a crook and a liar,how could you send a fake transfer receipt to me and think that you can fool me".
M00seknuckle co-bait Safari Mrs ldris, Abidjan to Cotonou Safari P3ter x2, Nigeria to Cotonou, Warri to Abuja
Benin Mortarx? Closed lad accounts(only Alan knows)
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE PORN]</a> pony
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You are joking right?
Mail.com? Anti-scammer?

Please keep you head down, them there flyin' pigs might hit ya...

I guess you didn't read my post correctly. Where did I say they are "anti-scammer"? What I actually said:

Quote:
since Mail.com flags all the suspicious words and thought I was a scammer.

When they closed my account I asked why. They told me I sent a scamming email.

Clearer now?
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes, but not for the reasons you cite. I had several baiting accounts frozen permanently for weaponizing gmail, a new modality, a few years back. That soured me on baiting for a few years.

* unenahnce email with gibberish
despite my post count I am nowhere near mastery.. honesty in RL seeping in
click2call modality: burn up those minutes

"but be what you have to send under" - St3phani3 Blanch0t
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic