SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone heard of European Health Care debit card scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Farkward
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine was approached by a customer trying to get him to enroll in a scam which he turned down. She had some paper for him to fill out and join a free health care program (only asked name and email address), where you got a European debit card to pay for your medical expenses. The scammer said it had to do with the government bailout.

My friend asked me if I knew about that one specifically, and I said I didn't know about it. I did tell him that my guess is that he would have to pay a "processing fee" or give personal information to get the card.

Has anyone heard about this one? I'd like to send him information. As it was done face-to-face, it concerns me.

Last edited by Farkward on Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's so many things wrong with this that I don't know where to start.

First, you have to be a EU citizen to get their health card.

Second, it is not a debit card.

Third, I don't think it covers outside of the EU care (maybe emergencies? Not sure)

Fourth, you need the European equivalent of the SSN to get one of these things.

Fifth, you need to provide a lot more information than just name and email to get this.

Sixth, they charge a monthly premium for this, not sure exactly, about 100 euro?

I'm sure there is more than this.....

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Bobcat

You got almost everything right except the cost- nothing! Smile It just means that if you need medical treatment in another EU country you either get it free at point of provision or get all charges refunded subsequently ( bloody French!)

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a European Health Insurance Card which entiltes the holder to either free or reduced cost health care when in other EU countries.

In the UK it is free to apply, if you get the form from the post office.
There is a service where it is checked for you which costs about £2 or online service which charges around £10.

http://www.ehic.uk.com/eligibility.html

I still take out travel insurance to cover all treatment and also repatriation costs if needed.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Nanny

My SO broke her fibula and badly dislocated her ankle on holiday in Portugal last September ( bloody first day as well! Sad )

Luckily we had insurance and the private hospital was next door to the apartment complex! The rep told me that the public hospital locally was pretty bad and people had been known to spend a week there with a broken leg.

Best 30 quid I ever spent - i reckon all the bills would have come to well over £3000.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Farkwood, no idea if it was a scam, but lads tend not to put themselves out in the open. But other criminals do.

I dont know of a company that gives a debit card for medical insurance, and google throws up too many results.

When i get my brain in gear, a real company would stand there for ages with a customer, sign them on the line and sort it as quick as possible to get as many customers as possible before the customers realised it wasnt the best possible deal, but thats business. They dont tend to waste money hiring people to gather email addresses, thats what mailing lists are for.

The EU card does help when in europe, but you definately do need extra insurance, check that eu items very carefully, much is not covered.

My opinion, something aint right, and we have all been here too long now to know where theres smoke, theres something going on lol.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Farkward
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Yep, that's what I told him. But in the interest of exposing the scam for what it is, he's getting more information. I'll pass it along.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Farkward, if something doesn't feel right it usually isn't

@ Music Man, thanks, I knew I was doing the rigt thing buying travel insurance!
We've never had to use it but it's there if needed.
The difficult one has been trying to get hubby and son covered as they do Martial Arts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic