SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Smarter than your average scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
smooth criminal
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First time I recieved one of these emails with an authentic looking certificate (jpeg) attached- don't worry the name listed on it is an alias. But these scammers are getting better!!!!!! I will have to bait this one and let you know how it works out!!!

Click this link to see the (unsolicited) certificate I recieved stating that I am the lotto winner!

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=certificate.jpg

Impressive, huh?

Also this scammer is on a laptop because its the middle of the night in Africa- unless he broke into an internet cafe!

Original e-mail:

Quote:
lad
78 CHURCH STREET, PRETORIA,
SOUTH AFRICA

TEL/FAX:27826947612

18/04/2009

ATTN: me

In our bid to support South Africa’s 2010 World Cup bid, the South African National Lottery is pleased to congratulate you on your winning draw attached to ticket Reference Batch Number sa/1933,Serial Number 5368, with the reference number: HT721387454.

This confers on you, the winning in the 2nd category draw of the sum of $1,200,000.00. The TELKOM National Lottery organization hereby urges you to facilitate the processing of your winning claim of $1,200,000.00 to expedite the swift payment of your money by bank transfer.

Please find attached your Award/Winning certificate. Your award

Prize is lodged with NED BANK SOUTH AFRICA, ensure you contact

them at the following address during banking hours only(9am-4pm)

NED BANK SOUTH AFRICA

EASTGATE COMPLEX,

NELSON MANDELA ROAD,

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA.

Email: [email protected]

TEL:+27734840274

FAX:+27115076572

Contact the Forex Manager by telephone: MRS. H0PE KARABO. Inform the

bank that you won $1.2Million Dollars and that you want the money sent

to your account. Very important make sure you reconfirm your
account details by email to the NED BANK..

Please note that your claim will remain valid, and will be nullified after two weeks from now, if award is unclaimed.

Accept our warm compliments on your winning and being part of this programme.

Sincerely,

lad
78 CHURCH STREET, PRETORIA,
SOUTH AFRICA

I am writing back to tell him that I cannot call Africa because my phone provider only allows US calls. I got a new prepaid cell that I can have him call (and waste minutes on) lol I also checked out k7 and got a nifty new fax number.

I will keep you updated so the more experienced baiters can help me with this.

-YOUR OVER DUE INHERITANCE FUNDS HAS BEEN GAZETTE TO BE RELEASED- Virginia Walker
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

make sure they call you - wastes their money -- so you could use a phone that only calls the US...

I found lots of "hello, are you there" works wonders at frustrating the lads - that and "I'm sorry, due to your accent, I couldn't understand that, please repeat"... they are used to problems with phones -- so complaining about static and that they need to call you back works too Wink

I had one lad who insisted I call him - I explained that I got a cell phone plan JUST FOR HIM but I found out it only dialed the US, and I was paying $50 a month for the plan, so the least he could do was spend $50 a month calling me...

He didn't like that much (that and I don't have a cam) and dropped me pretty fast. But that was the only one who did that out of several.

Some just want the number to show that you are ready to give personal info and never call...some won't stop calling (I had to turn the phone off)...

As for the time he was at the cafe - he could be a rich scammer who has his own laptop and internet connection - but it's more likely he is "working" at a cafe that is open 24 hours - it is my impression that a lot of them are overnight cafe's since that is the time many US and UK people are on...so the cafe's find it profitable to stay open overnight...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes, it has the, what is called here a RS0T (red se4l of trust). so it must be real.
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivana wrote:

I found lots of "hello, are you there" works wonders at frustrating the lads.

that will make a brilliant voicemail greeting Twisted Evil

* unenahnce email with gibberish
despite my post count I am nowhere near mastery.. honesty in RL seeping in
click2call modality: burn up those minutes

"but be what you have to send under" - St3phani3 Blanch0t
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic