SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Beware - Just Got A Wierd Phone Call On My LandLine

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Spork
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not use my landline for baiting or anything else outside the norm of a family phone. An unknown phone number JUST called my house and an automated voice said:

Quote:
XXXXX Bank and or Credit Card was calling to verify or reactivate your credit card and or bank card, Please enter your 16 digit number now ....

Well you all know where this is going. They are automated voices calling homes to phish us for our personals. Warn your friends to not be dumb and offer their info to an automated call. The voice is a hodgepodge snipits of recorded voices of Americans, Australians, and Brits.

->"THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR DEBT AND FINANCIAL PROBLEMS !!! "

->"In regards to my previous email i want to advice you once again not to make any payment to the insurance company because we have figured out that the insurance payment is all a scam..."

->"I am not a doctor or a counselor you can visit the nearest sacatric hospital just take good care of yourself and help us fight cyber crime."

->"You are to understand that these Mr. Gomer and Mr. Booth are dead Hackers, from Africa. Please do not respond to them anymore okay."

->Closed lad accounts X 6 Easter Egg 2013

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic