SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

- Split from advice thread -

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ahmed85
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. A student myself...I recently applied for a "job" offer to the Solid Foundation Micro Finance Ltd who were asking for representatives to handle payments on their behalf and to transfer these payments to a western union account and in the process to take 10% as pay for the effort. This is arrangement being on a long term basis. The letter I recieved seemed fairly professional and genuine so I replied with my personal details however have not recieved anything as of yet...the most recent communication stating that I should recieve documents and payments to transfer within the next week...so is pending!....After reading the other "warnings" on this forum..I will take the advise..however..as I have given my personal details...how should I proceed in deterring the payments and further communications as well as erradicating my personal details from their "database" or from their "enquirie's"?..

Any help would be geatly appreciated as after reading messages on this forum I am in a bit of an anxious state and would rather be rid of this whole business with lesson learnt!..I would appreciate any help and/or advice?

Many thanks in advance.

A.
Presidentjlh
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We'd be glad to help, but we ask you do not bring up threads this old. Please post a new one.

Thanks!

x 1 United Kingdom x 1 Ghana
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater ahmed85. I have split your topic from the old thread here.

From your post, you do not sound like you have much to worry about. You should just block any emails and/or phone calls from the scammer and ignore them. Since they have no time invested in you they should move on rather quickly.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Presidentjlh
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OxygenDeprived wrote:
Welcome to Eater ahmed85. I have split your topic from the old thread here.

From your post, you do not sound like you have much to worry about. You should just block any emails and/or phone calls from the scammer and ignore them. Since they have no time invested in you they should move on rather quickly.

Agreed. Scammers usually will not bother you if you just ignore them. Rarely does a scammer pursue those who they know are not interested.

x 1 United Kingdom x 1 Ghana
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hundreds of people get caught in these things.

First advice, Do NOT cash (deposit) any checks they give you. They will be forged and you would be liable to the bank and police for passing a forgery.

Drop contact with them. You can do this by blocking their email account or sending the messages from them to "Trash".

If you get anything in the mail, take it to the Post Master (if by mail) so they can investigate it.

If it is by FedEx (likely) turn it over to the police, or at the very minimum, deface the checks so they cannot be used against you as they will be in your posession.

If you gave out banking or credit information, talk to your bank or credit card company so that things can be monitored on their end for you. I would consider having account numbers changed.

I would encourage you to post up the names that the scammer used on our sister site ( www.scamwarners.com ) so that others who might search can find that this is a scam. It can help others.

Other members might have changes or additions to this advice. I wish you well. Ignore any threats they give you. They are the criminals, they will NOT call law enforcement on you.

Welcome and this is the reason most of us bait these vermin. Thanks for telling your story.

Edited so that www.scamwarners.com would link and to say, I type slow. Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In addition to the other very good advice given, in this case the most effective response is "Thank you, I've just found a job", this should be the last you hear from them.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic