SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MySpace.com scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wattaman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a free dating site I operate and I really try to keep the scammers away from it. Is an everyday job but I'm proud I haven't got any complains yet from my members.
However, this is not about my site, is about one of the biggest social sites on the net, AKA MySpace. One would think that big sites like this are well protected and they're safe, but listen to this conversation I'm having with this 'woman':
...Suddenly...
To: Daniel
Date: Apr 13, 2009 9:27 PM
Subject: hi

hey there
how are you doing? fine i hope.
I'm new on the site, and i was browsing through the site when came across your profile... It's nice, and i will like to know you better... please tell me more about yourself.
By the way, the name is Crystal.

take care
Crystal

-------------

To: Crystral
Date: Apr 13, 2009 9:57 PM
Subject: RE: hi

Hi, Crystal!
Not that I spend too much time on myspace these days, but welcome!
I appreciate your interest in my person and I really like to change a few words with you sometime, but I don't have time for text messages these days.
However, feel free to buzz me on LiveMessenger, my ID is [email protected] - add me to the friends list and we'll do voice chat sometime. BTW, I appear offline all the time, even when I'm online.
Cheers!
------------------

Date: Apr 15, 2009 3:31 PM

Hello Dear
Thanks for the message.
A little about me, I'm an only child. I was born in Inglewood, Western Australia, but I grew up in partly UK and US. I was barely 5yrs old when my parents relocated to the States.
I'm 5fit 6 inches tall? what else can I write about me?hmmmm, I exercise occasionally and I go out for walk also.
I lost my Mum when i was 10, and lost my Dad late last year. I relocated back to Australia 5 months ago. Currently, am in South Africa to claim some important documents belonging to my late father. This is my 3rd week in South Africa. I should be heading back to Australia in a weeks time, as soon as I get hold of the documents I came here for.
I will like to know what you do for a living. I mean your job, where you're located, and who you're staying with. And any other thing you think I should know.
Look forward to hearing back from you

Crystal

---------------------

Now I'm 100% sure is a scammer because she shares too many personal information with a stranger (me) and also wants to know too much and non-interesting things like my job - I wonder why she didn't asked straightly how much money do I have!?! Anyway, from on I'm just playing the foul in love so she'll believe I'm falling and hurry with the scamming thing. So:

------------------------

Date: Apr 16, 2009 9:28 PM

Well, Crystral, lemme ask first if this is your name or you misspelled it. I know a Crystal, never heard of Crystral before.

[remind me to tell you what's after door no. 3 sometime]

Anyway, doesn't matter too much, I'm glad such a beautiful girl is taking the time to write me, especially when you got probably so many things to do there. I do hope you finish the documents thing fast and get back home... as far as I know Africa is not such a safe place.
As for myself, I've got separated from my family a little time ago, when I decided to relocate in Greece. I opened my own business here, have a small restaurant and a motel here. Is not much, but is something I like to do and, well, it brings me some money Smile
However, I don't like to talk about business now. I really like your eyes.. I wonder if you have more pictures of yourself...
----------------

Eventually I'll tell her what's behind URL REMOVED, curiously she didn't ask what I mean by this... BTW, here it is (am I too hard?). So, forward:
---------------------

Date: Apr 17, 2009 2:12 PM

Hi dear
Thanks for taking out time to write me, I really do appreciate... My name is Crystal. My profile name was mistyped. thanks for telling me.
I came across your profile, while browsing through the site... well; I found interest in your profile and thought I should write to you as a stepping stone to knowing you better.

It's past 1:30pm here in South Africa now. S/Africa is a very nice place to be. The country is basically surrounded by the beach, real cool... And it’s got sun too. It’s very cool down here.

I'm currently single. I've been single for bout 9 months now, yeah bad break up. My ex was unfaithful to me, and he would always come back apologetic, and I would usually succumb, till I couldn't bear the hurt and betrayal anymore. I seek an honest, understanding and mature minded man who knows what he wants and would accept me the way I am... My favorite colors are blue white and red, I love playing tennis, swimming, going for walks, reading, picnic at the beach and I like some quite time too. I am very open-minded; I don't accept anything just because everyone else believes it, and I don't close my mind to an idea just because it is strange or unaccepted by the general public. I'm still trying to cope with my loss and get back on the gear of living.

You seem like a nice and honest guy, and I'm really getting to like you. What do you think of us meeting and going out for a romantic dinner?? I really will like us to meet and spend some quality time together, and if things works fine between us I might decide to stay in Greece and see what we could build together.

I will like you to tell me more about your past & present relationships, and what you’re looking for on the internet. If its relationship, I will like to know the type of relationship you’re looking for and the qualities required.

Hope to hear from you soon

Crystal

------------------------

Notice above she bought it, she thinks I felled for her and she actually invites me to a romantic dinner, imagine that! Also, she's thinking to come and leave in Greece.
--------------------------

Date: Apr 17, 2009 7:53 PM

Cristal, I like you. I never been invited to dinner by a woman (and such a beautiful one) Smile
I'd love it!
As for my relation now, I'm too busy with my work to sustain a relationship, so I'm single. The sumer is coming and I have a lot of clients to take care of until the late autumn.
Unfortunatelly, this doesn't give me much time for dating.
Sorry to hear your ex. cheated on you... must have been a moron not to realise what he is about to lose. I had someone myself, nothing special, until a month ago, but she was a little too younger for me and she left when she realised I'm not the guy to party every day Smile Can't blame her, though, she just wanted to have a little more fun for her age and I could provided that. Me, on the other side, I was trying to have a serious and stable relationship.
Anyway, better this way... we're still friends.
I was not looking to date someone on the internet, honestly, especially not on myspace. This is just an account I made not to get borred in my office, when I'm not thinking business. But now since I meet you, I must say I'm thinking to date with you. You look like a nice and smart woman, not only beautiful, and those are rare qualities. Well, not all in one person, at least.
You can come to visit Greece, if you want, I could give you the special guest room, no payment required, of course. After that we'll talk more about that dinner and see what happens. Either way, it will be a nice holliday for you, I promise.

----------------------------

Date: Apr 18, 2009 1:01 PM

Hey dear,
I read your mail.... Like it’s said, It’s easy to fall in love, but it’s hard to find the right partner......I have been through unhappy relationships in the past and adding to that. I'm still mourning for the death of my father and trying to move on with life.

My main purpose of coming on the internet is to search for that special person that will complete my life and make me happy for the rest of my life…..I had a relationship in the past, it was terrible……. My boyfriend cheated on me. At first I thought he was a nice guy, I never knew he was a cheat.....I had rumors that he cheats on me whenever I'm not around. So one day, I fell ill at school, and my Dad ordered me to come back home, which I did, without informing my boyfriend. So I decided to pay him a visit. And when I got to his place, I cut him red-handed fucking his neighbor's daughter. The incident almost turned me into an introvert ….. Months later I lost my folks and after their funeral I became desperate finding a man to lean on. But couldn't find anyone serious, I'm seeking a serious man who's also seeking a serious relationship.
My interest in a man is good personality and good sense of humor…..I'm also a nice and easy going lady. I am patient, kind and loving. I have a positive attitude about most things and I like to have fun. I enjoy music, theater, movies and art. I love to travel, and to go sightseeing. I love museums, romantic dinners, seaside resorts and sunsets.......and I am a fun loving person who loves to laugh and make others laugh. I always try to enjoy the simple things in life, and not take anything for granted. I love to go out and have fun, but I can also stay in and just relax.

I think that will be enough for now. If there’s anything else you’ll like to know feel free to ask…. Lets be open to each other, and be able to talk about anything with each other, ok?
Talk to you later

Crystal

----------------------

Again the boring story with the ex-friend cheating, so I'm forcing the note a little, I'm getting bored myself
-----------------------
Date: Apr 18, 2009 5:40 AM

No, Crystal, there's nothing else I need to know about you.... except when you'll come to Greece, maybe. You still working on getting the papers you were searching or you've finished with that business?

---------------------

Date: Apr 19, 2009 9:49 PM

Hey baby
It's the middle of the day and I was thinking about you, as usual. I want you to know how much I sincerely love the time we spend mailing each other online. It means so much to me. It truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't wait to meet with you in person.
By the way, I was at the Security Company yesterday and the management of the Company assured me that the documents I am waiting for will be ready by Tuesday, so hopefully. I will be in coming over this week.
Can you please send me the name of the international airport closer to you, and I hope you will be able to pick me up from the Airport??

Talk to you later

Ciao

Crystal

------------------------------------

Well, she's coming to my country. This must be the fastest online love story ever Smile I can't wait, of course:
-----------------------------------
Date: Apr 22, 2009 3:55 PM

Hi, Criss,
I'm glad there's a chance for you to finish your business earlier. I can't wait to meet you in person.
Of course I'll be at the airport for you. I think the name of the airport is Venizelos, but I'm sure is the only one in Athens, so you can't land in other place.
If I can't see you (...hard to imagine, but...) this is my cell number: hidden - just choose a location near the airport and tell me where you are; I'll find you.
Take care!

------------------------------

And, finally, when I was really getting bored, she tries to score with the first money request:
Date: Apr 25, 2009 12:48 PM

hey sweetie
how are you doing?
sorry for not writing you all this while. i have been at the hospital. i was attacked by some hoodlums on my way back from the Company, the hoodlums did away with my money and some other valuable items, leaving me with nothing
honey, i am going to ask you for a big favor. I need you to help me with $650 to pay for my hospital bills. and as soon as i get out, i will be taking the next available flight to Greece. ok?
i wait to hear back from you

Crystal

----------------------------------

And this is how it starts... I hope you've learned something from this. However, I'll continue to play the game. I've already replied with this:
Oh my God, are you all right? I told you Africa is a bad place. Please tell me your fine.
Sure I'll help you, just send me your Western Union details, is the safest way for money transfer.
I'll be praying for your health, Criss.
I love you!

-----------------------------

Apr 26, 2009 6:25 PM

Hello Dear
Its so nice hearing back from you... yes am getting better now. Thanks for asking.
Also I am happy you are willing to help me. I promise I will make it up to you when I get over. I’ll be coming over soon. It would be a pleasure meeting you in person.

I got the Western Union details you requested for. except for the fact that I won't be able to receive the money myself because I don't have residence permit, so I spoke to a friend of mine at the Company in charge of my late Dad’s documents to help me receive the money, he agreed and gave me his details... so you will be sending the money to this name Kazeem Oguntayo.. His one of the managers of the company, he will be accompanying me to the Western Union to cash the money after you've sent it, OK?
Check below for the rest of the details

Name: KAZEEM OGUNTAYO
State: GAUTENG
City: JOHANNESBURG
Zip: 2001
Text question: COLOR
Text answer: BLUE
Amount: US$650

Please honey, try and send the money as soon as possible. And make sure you send it through the western union, and after sending it, do send me this information

SENDERS FULL NAME....
SENDERS ADDRESS..........
MTCN...................................
EXACT AMOUNT SENT....

Please do this for me and i will forever be grateful to you, OK?

Hope to hear back from you soon
Take care

Crystal

Any suggestion on how to keep him/her busy for a little longer? I don't want to point her to the URL REMOVED, not yet, anyway Twisted Evil

Mod edit - I have removed the links as I had already removed the link to your dating site that was in your sig, and the links in your post go to the same site, so also had to be removed, it's not suitable for us to be linking to dating sites - SP

Last edited by wattaman on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi wattaman, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have a good nose for romance scammers, and it looks like you're doing just fine.

Two bits of advice: First, if your MySpace profile, email address, phone number, etc., is linked to any real life information, you should probably just drop "her". While it is unlikely your scammer will bother to take revenge on you, there's no reason to take any risk at all. Second, we generally don't go for the big burns anymore. Sending those links will just let your scammer know that you aren't a real victim, and allow them to move on more quickly to someone more promising. You'll be doing him a favor, and he won't find your link any more shocking or upsetting than I did.

There are lots of great ways to drag things out and get scammers off of their scripts, and on to one of yours.

The Eater University forum has lots of scammer specific advice, and most of the methods can be used across different types of scams. There's also a good primer here.

I'm sure others will be along shortly with other ideas. Very Happy

Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stalling the transfer --

All sorts of accidents can happen on the way to the office - car crash (and you're in the hospital) - WU office near you had a fire - etc...

Once you get to the office the agent could have been really rude to you and you won't deal with that office again - and the next nearest one is over an hours drive, so you won't be able to make it till next week...

Get a fuzzy WU receipt (there is a link to a receipt generator somewhere on here)...send an e-mail with the MTCN numbers transposed...when she finds out the number is invalid --

wait a week (can't get back to WU since it's so far away) or so and tell her the WU agent got arrested for stealing the money...

Somewhere here there are actual pictures of police arresting someone outside a WU office...

All sorts of excuses you can use Twisted Evil

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
wattaman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the welcome and for the advices. I've already got an idea and replied:
Quote:
Criss, you know I love, but you're asking me to trust a stranger. I can't send him the money you need. Listen...
A friend of mine told me to ask for some sort of verification if is to send money to someone I haven't met before.
I don't want to sound obsessed and ask him for an ID card copy, or something like this. But can you convince him to take a picture of himself and send it to me, at least? And, just to prove me is the latest one he's got, ask him, please, to write a panel or a paper, or something, with these letters: "1 n33d 2 g37 141d".
They just came to my mind Smile
Anyway, please do this so I can trust your friend, too, or send me your details and I'll just send the money to you.
Meanwhile, stay in bed and get better.
Love, Daniel!

Maybe I'll get some material for the Trophy Room Smile
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater Wattaman

Why did you suggest she use Western Onion
she asked
Quote:
i am going to ask you for a big favor. I need you to help me with $650 to pay for my hospital bills. and as soon as i get out, i will be taking the next available flight to Greece
you replied
Sure I'll help you, just send me your Western Union details, is the safest way for money transfer

It might have been better had you simply said, but how will I send you the money Then when she went on about Western Onion, you could have replied but how will you collect it if your in hospital

For every reason why they should have the money, There's six reasons why they can't.

Really it's never wise to correct or give them advise on how to do something. Make them do the work.

You could of cause said, "if you have money for the air fare, can't you use that for your hospital account." Still the chances are she's going to leave all her cash in the taxi on the way to the airport and will also want you to supply her with an Air Ticket.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
wattaman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Because I "want" to help. I'm playing the lover foul from the begining and is my desire to "help"... anyway, from now I'll just send him to the WUnion office for a couple of times Smile

Replaced full quote of post directly above with "^^" because it makes things easier to read, and because it will earn you the respect and admiration of your peers. -luckey
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Wattaman,

they can check WU online, it take less than 1 minute to know if it is real if the have the NTCN and sender first and last name

If you must suggest a money transfer service, you might want to suggest Moneygram, it cant be checked online.

I dont recall anybody trying the helpful modality before, I guess there is no reason not to so long as you are not educating the lad it works for me and it will be interesting to see how you go with it, please keep us informed

You might want to check out the love baiting FAQ, there are quite a few things that will help you to cause maximum frustration on your pets

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
wattaman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wattaman wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and for the advices. I've already got an idea and replied:
Quote:
Criss, you know I love, but you're asking me to trust a stranger. I can't send him the money you need. Listen...
A friend of mine told me to ask for some sort of verification if is to send money to someone I haven't met before.
I don't want to sound obsessed and ask him for an ID card copy, or something like this. But can you convince him to take a picture of himself and send it to me, at least? And, just to prove me is the latest one he's got, ask him, please, to write a panel or a paper, or something, with these letters: "1 n33d 2 g37 141d".
They just came to my mind Smile
Anyway, please do this so I can trust your friend, too, or send me your details and I'll just send the money to you.
Meanwhile, stay in bed and get better.
Love, Daniel!

Maybe I'll get some material for the Trophy Room Smile

Haven't got any luck with the "I need to get laid" photo, I think my African scammer got deleted from MyScape because I can't find the mesages anymore, either.
Oh, well... I'll just find myself another one Smile ... they're so funny when they're trying to scam me
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic