SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Auto scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

Footpathman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I answered this advertisement
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...del_keyword=t4

This is the result so if it looks like a scam, smells like a scam it must be a scam I reckon. What do others think?
Reply came from;

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.204.51.211 with SMTP id e19cs53494bkg;
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 04:57:10 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.216.72.68 with SMTP id s46mr2869994wed.68.1237895829600; Tue,
24 Mar 2009 04:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:57:09 +0000
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Your T4
To: *************
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=00504502c97a3138350465dc1533

--00504502c97a3138350465dc1533
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello there
Sorry for my late reply regarding my 1997 VOLKSWAGEN T4 ,

My name is Stephan Trambeau
Please take some time to read this whole email with attention, because I want you to
understand how this transaction will work.
I am writing you regarding the VOLKSWAGEN T4 listed on autotrader. The camper is still for sale
and it is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden
defects as well as the interior in excellent condition , never involved in any kind of
accidents, non-smoking and it has 94000 miles.The car is located in Birmingham locked
in my garage and will come with full service history. Also TAX and MOT are valid until
June 2009.
The price that I'm asking for the caravan is GBP 2900.
Now I'm in France because I just opened a store in my home city Bordeaux / France and
I need a car here. I already found one here but I need to sell my car from UK first.
Few weeks ago someone saw the advert on autotrader and he told me he is very interested
in buying it. I asked him if he has money available and to prove me, he showed me his bank
statement, I belived him so I went to Birmingham to make the transaction, but when I
arrived I called him and he didn't answered me for 2 whole days. Finally, on third day
he answered and told me he spent his money on another car. He didn't even bothered to
come and see the camper.
It's not about the money for the plane tickets but I lost 4 working days for nothing.
I am a serious person and I expect the same thing from a buyer, not like my last buyer
that put me on roads for nothing. Anyway it was his lost because my camper is in great condition.
I want to make sure that you really intend to buy my caravan because this time I will
fly to Birmingham only if I am sure I am dealing with a serious buyer with cash money
available. It will be no problem for me if you just tell me that you don't want or can't
buy the car. I just need to be sure that you have the money cash available to buy it.
To avoid coming to UK for nothing again and to be sure that you have cash available to
buy my car, the best way for both of us it's to transfer the whole amount of GBP 2900 ON
YOUR NAME to Birmingham, using Western Union. You could ask a relative or a friend to help
you with this and to send the money on your name to Birmingham.
You control the money, since you are the Receiver and your friend or relative is the Sender,
and this way I can verify to see if you are a serious buyer with money available, also I'll be
sure that you will come in Birmingham to meet me, because once the money is sent to you there ,
you have to be in Birmingham to pick them up. Once I successfully verify the transfer with
Western Union i will fly back home and meet you to complete the deal in person.
If you are still interested to make the deal with me please reply so we can start the ball
rolling to set up my trip back to UK.
Thank you for your understanding.
B8er
boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're relying on the fact that with the right information you can pick up WU transfers from anywhere in the world.

You set up the transfer to your friend in Birmingham, give the scammer the transaction details (including the MTCN) and he will then trot off to his local WU office and pick up your money.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1730 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Footpathman,

Welcome to the eater, yes, that's a scam. If you take this text from the email and Google it:

Quote:
Now I'm in France because I just opened a store in my home city Bordeaux

You get this result where the same text was used in another email scam, it's a different name and the car is a different make/model, but the email is the same:

http://forums.gumtree.com/post-3231891.html#3231891

Here is the email for reference as it's from this month:

Quote:
My name is Julien Toulip.
Please take some time to read this whole email with attention, because I want you to understand how this transaction will work.

I am writing you regarding the 2007 Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i T3 that was listed on autotrader. The car is still for sale and it is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent condition , never involved in any kind of accidents, non-smoking and it has 8,000 miles.The car is located in Birmingham , UK locked in my garage and will come with full service history. Also TAX and MOT are valid until Jan 2010. The price that I'm asking for the car is £ 2,200.

Now I'm in France because I just opened a store in my home city Bordeaux / France and I need a car here. I already found one here but I need to sell my car from UK because first. Few weeks ago a person saw the advert on autotrader and told me that he is very interested in buying my car so I went to UK to make the transaction. I went to Birmingham two days after we discussed because I trusted his word, but when I arrived I called him and he didn't answered me for 2 whole days. Finally, on third day he answered and told me he couldn't raise the money to pay me.

It's not about the money for the plane tickets but I lost 4 working days for nothing. I am a serious person and I expect the same thing from a buyer, not like my last buyer that put me on roads for nothing. I was very disappointed.
I want to make sure that you really intend to buy my car because this time I will fly to UK only if I am sure I am dealing with a serious buyer with cash money available. Also, it will be no problem for me if you just tell me that you don't want or can't buy the car. I just need to be sure that you have the money cash available to buy it. To avoid coming to UK for nothing again and to be sure that you have cash available to buy my car, the best way for both of us it's to transfer the whole amount of £ 2,200 ON YOUR NAME to Birmingham, using MoneyGram. You have to find a MoneyGram office near you and you cloud ask a relative or a friend to help you with this andto send the money to your name to Birmingham.

Your friend will go with your cash (he will be the sender) at MoneyGram Office and send the money to your name to Birmingham, so you will be the receiver. This way you will have total control of your money, since you are the Receiver you are the only one that can pick up the money! This way I will be 100 % sure that you are a serious buyer, and that you will be in
Birmingham, because once the money is sent to you there , you have to be in Birmingham to pick them up. Once you show me a photo or a scanned copy of the receipt from MoneyGram with the full amount in your name, i will fly back home and meet with you and make the deal in person, then you will pick up the money from MoneyGram and pay me cash in hand.

So as you can see I am not asking you to send money in advance to me, my name is not involved in this whole process.Your friend or relative will be the sender of your money and you will be the receiver in Birmingham.
If you are still interested to make the deal with me please reply so we can start the ball rolling to set up my trip back to UK.
Thank you for your understanding.
Here are some details and a pic:

Under Manufacturers Warranty, Full Service History, Air Conditioning, Remote Central Locking with 2 Keys, ABS, Electric Windows and Mirrors, Radio/CD Player with Steering Wheel Controls, Multi Airbags, Internal Anti-Hijack Button, Adjustable Steering Column, Body Coloured Bumpers, Immobiliser, Low Tax and Insurance Group, Ideal First Car

pls be aware of this car : [email protected]

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Footpathman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I also found him trying exactly the same wording with a BMW again on Auto Trader.
Thanks.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic