SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Lads in person preying on men in San Jose CA parking lots

View next topic
View previous topic

CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They're over here now and in person!

From the San Jose Mercury News, March 18, 2009:

Quote:
Con artists preying on men in San Jose parking lots
Posted: 03/18/2009 02:54:00 PM PDT

The well-dressed con man has been targeting his victims in various big box-store
parking lots throughout San Jose. Well-spoken with an African accent, the
swindler tells his victim he is lost and needs help. Soon the con artist is
flashing wads of cash and telling a grand story about inheriting millions of
dollars from an uncle who wanted to leave a large portion to the church.

He said he'd inherited millions of dollars from his uncle and showed the victim
a piece of paper detailing the inheritance and "two wads of money. " Soon the
con man was in tears, saying he couldn't take the cash back to Sierra Leone
because "it might fall into the wrong hands and be used to buy weapons to fight
war against his people".

The link is here:
http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_11942878
The San Jose Mercury News usually puts it's articles behind a log-in for the first day,
then lets anyone look at them.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, Cowboy, the lads are surrounding us.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he is unwittingly intruding onto gang turf, they will take care of him.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tuco wrote:

Laughing
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw "San Jose".
Not that all of San Jose's population are thugs, but there's definitely a lot of iffy spots.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN [email protected]= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - [email protected] West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Diana Prince
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As much as I respect the Law Enforcement Officers working to protect their communities (yes, I do indeed appreciate them, and I personally have known more than a few, including several who were injured and one who was killed in the line of duty) -- was anybody else here troubled by the quote attributed to San Jose police Sgt. Dean Ackemann?

"The underlying motives for the victims is greed," Ackemann said. "They are promised this large amount of money. They think they're going to get something for nothing. They are lulled into a false sense of security and they get scammed out of their money."

When reading the full story, more than a few other “underlying motives” occurred to me about the possible mindset of the victim(s) -- none of which were “greed.”

In my opinion, a victim involved in such a matter might INSTEAD or ALSO have been moved by other motives -- examples given below.

(a) “LOST STRANGER” approaches local person in a parking lot
= “victim” reacts with feelings of pity, compassion, concern

(b) “LOST STRANGER” asks for assistance in locating a local church, and accepts a ride
= “victim” goes out of his/ her way to provide transportation, moved by generosity, intention to help

(c) “LOST STRANGER” refers to church, religion
= “victim” is further touched by apparent connection through shared faith, religiosity

(d) “LOST STRANGER” ( a guy ) breaks into tears
= “victim” has intensified reasons to feel more pity, more compassion, more concern

(e) “LOST STRANGER” says if help is not given, result could be violence and even war
= “victim” feels that he is making a noble contribution to personal and/or community peace

================
I’m aware of European and American versions of the “pigeon drop” which have apparently been around for decades, if not for centuries.
(Shoot, it was glorified from the side of the criminals in “The Sting,” wasn’t it?)

But I would argue that in the particular case described, the scammer relied on far more decent emotions to entice his victim into making the monetary exchange
. . . long before either greed or simple naivete got the victim to the tipping point.

And perhaps some victims would be less embarrassed to report such crimes if victims were more likely to be characterized as "generous" or "overly trusting" when public statements hit their local newspapers.

If I lived anywhere near the San Jose area, I’d have already written a letter expressing such sentiments to the newspaper as well as to the law enforcement officer -- along with my thanks for his diligent work on this case. And I’d have signed my real name. But I don’t, so I won’t.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience with my rant for today.

Closed lad accountsEaster Egg
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think if someone did a full survey the "victims" would be found to be of average intelligence and 9/10 greed would NOT be the factor.

Love scams, theres no greed there, the money is stolen trying to get a partner they are scams so that has to add to the percentage.

The sick evil twisted demented scourge of the earth who claim to have cancer, in many cases the scam is where an unwitting persons sends $20 out of concern. Those need to be added to the percentage.

Hitman scams, this are another set of sick twisted scams, where a victim is terrified into giving money.

Sure there are scams that vulnerable victims fall for, they owe banks and everyone else money so its understandable that they would make such a mistake - but thats desperation NOT greed.

And finally there is greed, but whats its percentage - if we take the well documented evidence produced countless times by hundreds of baiters, id say greed does not make 10% of victims.

Its easy to blame greed, then we dont have to actually think about other people or identify others have needs etc, it really makes me angry that without a moments thought its instantly about greed. Its usually people in circumstances they cant cope with that fall for it. I can give a million different reasons all of them are not greed.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scary, and too close for comfort even though I don't live near there.

Tuco wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, where's a MS13 gang member when you need him? Sometimes it takes a snake to get a rat Wink

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Recently a serial sex offender in the UK was caught who was using a similar tactic.

He was a taxi driver who claimed he had won the lottery, showed a bundle of notes to the victims and offered a glass of champagne, which had been laced with Rohypnol. He had been doing this for years until he was finally caught.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic