SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

i pods site

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

on my daily trawl ive come across this site

http://www.homeipod.co.nr/

very basic but no mention of western union!!!

im damn sure someone will take him down

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
spot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try writing to him and see what happens

Just because it is a crap site doesn't necessarily mean it's a scam

Looks like the site is based at Googlepages
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like blackmarket to me. A case of iPods is "rerouted" as they enter the country. He sells them below market. You may get a good deal but no customer service and no warranty. Also recept of stolen goods.
Send the link to Apple's legal dept. and see what they say.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
spot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^ done
baz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the pictures 7-9. Before tidying up, and after tidying up.

And picture 4, you can see his reflection.

Must be a mirror site. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And ... I,ve just sent a very bussinesslike letter to the mail address on the site ....and it hasn't bounced.

Lets see what the reply will be

spot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And within 30 mins I get this reply from the Gmail account

Quote:
Dear sir,

May you explain additional accessories on iPod Video. I only have standard accessories onside the sealead packaging of iPod.

My payment details using Western Union. Also can you explain more about the invoice 28days matter? im just normal seller selling from home. I can provide you personal invoice if you want to.

All prices in my website including tax adn shipping worldwide.

Regards,
Mohd
www.homeipod.co.nr
MALAYSIA

Now I'm going to find out which country he want's Western Onion payments making to ....a little later on though, I don't want to seem to be too eager .And let me see if I can get him to write to me from a non gmail account !!! Twisted Evil
spot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reply sent

This hardly ever fails to get a Yahspew address out of a Gmail scammer

The reply is nicely formatted with all sorts of nice headers and footers, bullet points, and all that shit that i can't be bothered to reproduce here.

Quote:
Dear M0hd

Thank you for your most prompt reply it was very impressive !

First of all I will answer your questions:-

Provided all all the equipment has all the standard accessories included in the sealed package then that will be just fine.
My company only uses Western Union for certain cases as we are restricted to which country we can send payments to, kindly let me know exactly where you will require the payments to be sent.
The 28 rule from delivery to payment of your invoice is standard business practice, but is flexible. Please let me know your payment terms.
Before we continue, it is a requirement of my company that before trading on-line we use more than one tested e-mail address in case of difficulty. The second mail address must be supplied another mail provider .

My second address is that of my secretary, her e-mail address is [email protected] , kindly let me know your contingency address in order that alternative lines of communication can be established

In my last mail to you I asked about additional discounts for regular orders and you didn't give me any indication. Should my first order prove to be fruitful I will be expecting discounts as that of a regular client.

Please let me know if you can source any other Home Entertainment equipment when replying.

Kind Regards

M1ke 3xpat

3xpat Electronics

spot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well ... the update is

My secretary and I have been writing to this guy in a very businesslike way over the past two days, and the only box that i can tick in my Scammers list is the Weston Onion one.

He claims that he doesn't have a second e-mail address using a different mail provider ... (which my business insists on) ....but he is registering with Yahspew right now ! ....at least I'll find where he is writing from.

One thing he did say:-

Quote:
I dont accept PayPal since no PayPal in Malaysia

Is this true ??????

My theory is that he actually does have a supply of iPODs and is trying to shift them. I may go down the "wire the funds" to his bank account route.

I don't feel inclined to get him running to WU and MG offices for funds that aren't there until I can tick a few more boxes.

Any thoughts on this one ?

lying is an art form
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's true. And for everyone baiting him if he asks about a HS-7 form (My fake name I gave to the Dept. of Homeland Security "Form") let him know it's required for all transactions of money over $50,000

EDIT

I got the Yahspew addy from him too, he mixed me up with you.

Would it be wise to demand a "sample unit" to prove its legitimacy?
spot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that lying

For the moment I just want him to write to me from the Yahspew account ...rather than Gmail ... to see just where he is actually writing from

EDIT ....just written to his Gsnail and YH addies asking for an update ...he must write to me from his YH account before we can continue. I always insist on testing two separate mail providers for contingency.

lying is an art form
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

His Yahspew one bounced yesterday when I tried it out. I tried getting ID, the Homeland Security form, and proof pics of the iPods from him but he said:

-I have to show him my Business ID to prove I'm legit
-Most of the stock is "shipping from HK"

I told him I'd "waive the Homeland Security form" if he made the total $35,000 instead of $55,000

Now I just emailed him asking for a "sample unit" and I also have my second email account baiting him about engraving them.
Sprout
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He's very likely "legit" in that he'll sell you product. He's otherwise also very likely a scammer, in that you'll get fake iPods - there are a lot of fake iPod Nano's out there floating around...
spot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been writing to him at both his Gmail and YH addresses and neither of them have bounced.

In fact I've just got him to write to me from his new YH account and it resolves back to Malaysia (high) [City: Sungai Petani, Kedah] Just where he said he was writing from.

Tip ....if you write to him, write straight and formal as if you are a business person, it seems to make him comply.

I can feel a few more straight letters coming on from me before I open the Baiter's Box of tricks on him

EDIT >>>>>> After reading back the things he has written to me, I'm not sure that this guy is a Scammer by our definition ....I haven't got enough boxes ticked yet.

As it has been mentioned he may be an opportunist with fake or stolen hardware ...not sure what to do next

potvinwannab
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

he says thats the price, with shipping included, which would means if he is legit he is eating anywhere from 5 dollars to ship in across town to 30 dollars to ship it worldwide, thats a third of the entire price since its from malasia, not to mention the psp's would probably cost even more, and if you buy in bulk the seller would have had to basically get the items for free in order to make any sort of profit here.

But on the other hand he states that he has no green ipods in stock, which is uncomon for a scammer to say since we've all heard them admit to having sub-harmonic space feild generators, and a couple of nokia xt 90cc airplane phones with built in server capability in the backroom of the warehouse
lying is an art form
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I THINK he's "legit", if "legit" is defined as selling stolen goods or illegitimately obtained goods. He updated the site with ProductRED Nanos, but for all we know he could have gotten the images off of some Engadget unboxing. His "stock" photo of the ProductRED Nanos are taken straight from the Apple Store.

However, I'm not going to go 100% on him actually legitimately selling the goods. I've pushed him to a point where he's willing to sell a "small sample" to me.

By the way, "URLADDRESS.co.nr" is a URL redirection, like CJB.net.
Evangelion82
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i like the randomness.. i don't have a shop BUT i have shit tons of ipods and psp's. Shocked

"Did you get my Massage on your phone ?" - phonelad
thealerce
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey! did anyone try him out?

i am really intrested in trying that bussines, because i wrote him, a i wanted to know, if he can sell me something like test/sample package. after few emails, he agreed, and i can buy nano8gb for $100 including int. shipping.

do you recommend to try it?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Thealerce, please don't necro old topic, the last post before your was on Nov 05, 2006

Please take a few minutes to read the forum rules, here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413

The part about necro's:

Quote:
Please avoid thread necromancy (that is: posting in a thread that has been inactive for several weeks to bump it back to the top of a forum again). Old threads have usually little relevance anymore. Also, members that posted in it may not be around anymore. If you really want to bring up an old discussion again because you have something of value to add, post a new thread and put a link in it to the old thread. That way people do not have to read through all the old posts to see what is new.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic