SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Is this a Scam? Are you familiar with this?

View next topic
View previous topic

Mephisto
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read someone's post in a forum looking for 'Au Pair' in UK.

I send an scambaiting mail and got this reply:

------------
Thanks for your mail. My name Is Mrs. Vanessa Cotton.... And i work as a Director in an Oil Company in UK Called Shells, my husband work as contractor both of us do busy at work so need an a pair that can take good care of the kids if we are not at home

we live in Pormouth City in United Kingdom with my kids Son Johnson and Tracy, am Looking for a nice and caring a pair who can take care of them when am at work or far away from home. Johnson is Four years old while Tracy is Seven years old of age ..
Both Johnson and Tracy are gentle kids who loves poems and other interesting things and they loves to play..I need an au pair who is caring, affectionate, kind, jovial and all other Good qualities of to be a good Au pair.

Will be work for me from Monday to Friday and you will be on off during the weekend and the you will live in My house and you will have access to all the Facilities at home. If you can work with my family get back to me on time

Hope to get your mail..

Mrs. Vanessa Cotton
-----------------------------------

Being a Director and a UK citizen, her grammar is intriguing... hmm
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup it's certainly a scam. It's a kind of job scam, you'll be asked to pay for a work visa.

She is supposed to be a director of Shell oil, but she can't even spell the company name, let alone heed the rules of grammar. Nor can she seem to spell Portsmouth.

I met several Au pairs whist in Portsmouth, so it's a plausible story, but this is all scam.
Mephisto
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Newdonym wrote:
Yup it's certainly a scam. It's a kind of job scam, you'll be asked to pay for a work visa.

She is supposed to be a director of Shell oil, but she can't even spell the company name, let alone heed the rules of grammar. Nor can she seem to spell Portsmouth.

I met several Au pairs whist in Portsmouth, so it's a plausible story, but this is all scam.

Thanks for the information Sir. Wink

I'm looking forward for a nice and long personal correspondence with this 'Shells' Director. Twisted Evil

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic