SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First replies seldom matter

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've come to a point where I don't bother composing anything but an "I'm interested" initial reply to set up a bait. There seems no point in wasting time and talent composing something clever.

I know it's a general truism that lads seldom read the initial reply sent them. Follow-ups can be comical as a consequence.

For example, I answered a "Wealthy, dying, childless widow wants fortune used for Islamic works of charity" scam as a militant rabbi who would administer the charity only if it would be called the "Mohammed Was a Child Molester Fund." What does a marginally-believing Moslem lad do when he suddenly realizes he has made a deal (albeit a fictional deal) to blaspheme?

One of my stranger exchanges has been with a romance vlad. No matter how absurd I've made my replies, "she" has not moved on syllable from script. I sent this vlad my picture as Ernest Borgnine, and explained that I am not interested. Vlad proclaims love. I tell the vlad that I am more than twice "her" age, that I am obese, flatulent, have rotten breath, that I snore, that I'm married, and that impotent--and still not interested. Vlad sends me sexy pictures and keeps on script thanking god that she has fond her true love in me. It seems plausable that this vlad does not read English at all, but merely replies with every input, hoping that if he keeps following up, the script will pay out.

A fvorite oblivious reply came from a "FedEx package" scammer. He said he had a package from company for me. I sent him a diatribe that concluded, "Tell them to stick their package up their collective fizzy bum." Naturally, I got a positive response.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

"I swear with my living GOD I SERVE BY WHATEVER FIND HOLY ...THIS IS TRULY HOLY HAND JOB I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU”
_______
Am surprise you are west-ting this much time and you know that your daughters life is astake ... I see it strange, something is fishing."
_______
"If You Are A Sinner That Means You Will Go To Hill. Repaint ..."
_______
"you son a beach , bastard , you will die by gun, ogun will kill you [a dozen death threats snipped] ANY PLANS YOU HAVE PLANNED EITHER TO RUB ME OR ANY OTHER THING , YOU WILL DIR BY OGUN BYE" -- One truly pissed off lad.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You got it. Until the story turns to $$, most lads don't put in much effort. That's why, unless you just want to straight bait (a noble effort, don't get me wrong), it's important to get them off script as soon as possible. However, as your vlad shows, that is easier said than done at times. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It can be hardening at times, but you get a few gems out of a bunch of rotten apples. You just gotta look hard enough, dust off the initial crap and then you'll have yourself a Russian bride or a Nigerian...Fun bag? humm...mind came to a stop there...oh well you get the point. Keep going at it.

Closed lad accounts 10+ Mortar x6
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Along those lines, I've got a dying-childless-widow converted to lesbianism, and ready to hop in the sack with me (just as soon as she can pick up the $1500 from WU). It's amazing how quickly she has recovered from her cancer-of-the-berst, and is now giving me all kinds of gal-to-gal lovin'. Laughing

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first replies are as unread as anybody else's.

But I still, where appropriate (most of my characters are supposed to be hoping for either romance or penfriendship), send mails (mostly copy and pasted) with bits of brief information about 'myself'. I've found it very useful to be able to say, 'But I told you in my first/second/third letter that I was agroraphobic/deaf/PC-illiterate/fearful of my partner/anything else that will become that obstacle to whatever they want.

They tend to suddenly remember and become all understanding. They may well not go back to check. But if they do, they will find I did indeed say that. So need to exert some creativity to get round it. Especially as I may have been offended by their suggestion which did not take into account my circumstances.

Those that will still continue to throw Scripts at me, I'm not too bothered about because a 'real' victim would probably get frustrated by this anyway. It is the clever ones, the 'believable' ones that I want to distract. The rubbish-at-their-job I can discard. The ones that seem jolly-good-sorts (even to me, when I know what I'm doing), I want to keep busy in my direction forever.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic