SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Some ideas: Mailbox Bombs and Spam redirect

View next topic
View previous topic

inboxBomb
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had one or two ideas for causing these scammers some strife.

#1:
Mailbox bombs. (Not literal bombs, but pretty destructive to the inbox of someone on a dialup account).

Simply send them a series of MAX_SIZE emails. On a good BB connection you can easily send emails of 10Mb or more fairly easily. It will however not be so easy for someone in a remote part of the world without broadband to "Send/Recieve" that email box from then on.

Weaknesses are that it is all but useless against scammers using web based email account, except that if enough of us do it, it will certainly start to overflow their accounts Smile

# 2:
Spam redirect.
You get emails from scammers. Add their address to a list. When you anti-spam system detects a spam mail, simply forward it to the scammer. If we got 10,000 people doing this, anybodies email that gets added to that list will have their email account flooded to the point of being made useless in a matter of hours.

There are of course ways to remove the original "To: " (your address) header before forwarding and of course NOT adding "From: [email protected]"

The big weakness here is... "What if I get a real email from my bank that is picked up as a false positive and forwarded to the scammer?". The answer is, it wouldn't really benefit them much, by design 'real' bank emails don't contain anything important, except your name... but I'd rather NOT have this sent to a list of scammers.

Of course a manually vetted spam folder can easily be send en-mass in reply to a scam email. "Read this bitch!"

Yours,

Not my real name.
Ninastian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^

Noble sentiments, but there are good reasons why we don't scupper scammers' e-mial accounts. Please see stickies and/or get yourself a mentor if you are determined to REALLY screw with these scumbags! Twisted Evil

Oh [the captive] ate his own willy!!! HAHAHAHA. I saw the look of excitement in his eyes like no other meat taste better!! yummm yummm! HAHAHAAHAHA. He cut his big right toe, his penis and penis shaft at different stages- funny funny funny!! He did this where some promiscous women do all sort of things. I know they were all thrilled. ahahahahahhhhhaaaaaa. His penis shaft was sewn to his nostril and more!! The doctor did a good job!! My men took picture of him parading him around the market square and public schools where everyone sang him wanker praises!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I will continue to torture him unless I receive my $150,000 reward for wasting my time!! Period!
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These are things that we discourage, as that you're not really causing them any strife.

What they will do is open up some new boxes and continue their operations as before.

I agree with your wanting to cause them strife. But bombing their boxes could border on illegality, and may backfire.

It's the lads who break the law, and not us. Keeping it that way keeps baiters out of trouble.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As noted, we don't do that here -- for many reasons. If you want to engage in the argument, please do a search on some of those terms and you'll see pages upon pages of why we avoid those practices.

Here's just one example.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic