SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Has anybody else seen this?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There have been a few reports about a slightly new twist on love scams. The scammers claim that they are in the military and tell the potential victim that they need to sign up with a certain telecommunications company in order to communicate. The service generally costs about $800 and uses an email addresses ending in military.com or engineer.com. Company names used are things like Telstat or Telex. One email address for the fake company is [email protected]. Another scam used these email addresses: [email protected] or [email protected]

The premise is that the service is a way to can talk on the phone without per call charges attached. Calls are supposed to be free after the victim completes registration and pays the $800 fee. Of course the fee needs to be sent via Western Union. Rolling Eyes

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hadn't seen it before this one came up, but really, if you think about it, it's just a creative little twist on the standard "you need to open an account at this fake bank and by the way, you must wire a $1000 deposit to open an account" modality. It gives the lad a chance to get money out of some of the more skeptical ones who will fall for this but would twig at the first money request--of course I would think he runs a higher risk of losing the victim when she sees her phone bill...

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree just a twist on the same old theme. But a clever one. The military.com email address is not just your standard free email. It is part of the military.com website that is owned my Monster.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic