SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Rewards1

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jponzi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is rewards1 a scam? PM me if you have a response.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Care to put that in some context? Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's on Google.

Personally I put my faith in Father Christmas and the principle that if something sounds too good to be true - then why are you asking ?

Would you buy an X box from me for $20 ? If not, why not ?

Are you being asked to do something that is worth the cost of the rewards you are being offered.

Common sense provides the answer - and no, if you paid me $20 I wouldn't send you an X box, in case you were wondering.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
jponzi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not exactly a giveaway. You answer surveys and they say they are linked to Amazon. Microsoft gives these sorts of promotional offers for using their search engines. I have confidence in this kind of system because there are quite a few stories saying that it works. I was just wondering if anybody could analyze this thing legally or realistically.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds too good to be true.... Wink

Edit: From the site...

Quote:
Work from home and earn points that you can redeem towards rewards. Get video games like Halo 3 and Crysis, or gamer cards like XBox Live or Wii points, or even a new cellphone! There is no limit to what you can get, and best of all its FREE. Sign up and start earning points no

P.T. Barnum would be proud.

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
jponzi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
Care to put that in some context? Very Happy

http://rewards1.com/ This is a site. It offers free products, kinda, in response to answering surveys. To get an xbox 360, it is worth 400 points. Answering a survey may get you around half a point. Now, saying 50 cents a survey sounds more and more like sponsorship over scam to me, as they do not ask for money or credit card information. I believe the most intrusive things they ask for are an address to send the gift to, for which I can say a random location I want to, and a phone number. It sounds less like a scam because a person said that the worst they do is incessantly spam you email account, which I have absolutely no problem with, because I have junk email accounts.
jponzi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want to know if someone tested the thing, actually, because I want proof to go on, not really just opinion, and I would trust people hell bent on scam breaking. And, if this is a scam, anybody want to try to break it?
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They will make you jump through 10,000 hoops to get your "free" stuff. They get free market research in the process, while you fill out thousands of surveys.

One in a thousand will meet the "requirements" and get a laptop, Xbox or whatever.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Double post.

@jponzi

We do not deal with that type of shit here, and YES it is a scam.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The simple fact is that if there were an easy way for you to get all these electronic goodies, apart from paying cash, the powerful companies selling these goods would take action.

They may be able to provide details of someone in Ricketsville who earned something, but the vast majority of people will be acting as unpaid 'foot soldiers'.

By signing up you are letting them know you are vulnerable to implausible marketing offers, and will probably get loads more.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it a scam? Depends on what your definition of "scam" is.

That site sucks up hours upon hours of your time giving them something they want - market research - for an exceedingly slim chance of actually getting anything in return. So basically, they steal your time...but not your money

The type of scam we are interested in here steals your money.

With that in mind, I don't think you are going to find any members here interested in "testing" it.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
jponzi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - quote removed, no need to quote the full post above, we can see it just there ^^^ - SP

Thanks, Gomer Gyle and Cachuma. I think I agree that it may just be completely bogus and time wasting and it will be a market research tool, so it may not be worth it. Thanks for your answers, and sorry for causing you any issues in terms of time or just plain and simple annoyance.
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^jponzi, don't worryabout wasting peoples time. That is a legitimate question. Yes, it is a type of scam, but it is not one we work against. Stick around, read the stickies, get a mentor, bait safely, maybe kill some web sites.

Welcome!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In retrospect, my post did come across unreasonably harsh. Didn't mean it that way...meant it to be more informational. Embarassed

New baiters always welcome! (And thanks for reminding me of that, Doc!)

jponzi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma wrote:
In retrospect, my post did come across unreasonably harsh. Didn't mean it that way...meant it to be more informational. Embarassed

New baiters always welcome! (And thanks for reminding me of that, Doc!)

1. (No problem)
2. I don't actually know when I'll do my first baiting... can somebody help me create a character?
3. Cachuma, you were most definitely one of the lighter tones. I definitely got what you mean. Don't sweat it.
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yer an angel, Cachuma! >inappropriate smoochie noise<

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doc, we really need to just get married.

Editing to add: I'm drunk tonight. I take no responsibility for anything that comes out of this keyboard in the next three hours.

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jponzi wrote:
2. I don't actually know when I'll do my first baiting... can somebody help me create a character?

There is an entire forum here dedicated to that purpose. Lots of reading, but it is definitely worthwhile and will give you an edge over just jumping in cold and learning as you go. Smile

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jponzi wrote:
sorry for causing you any issues in terms of time or just plain and simple annoyance.

I guess I was a bit of a dick in my last post, sorry. It was a good question, and hopefully now you have a better understanding of what type of scams we deal with.

Welcome to Eater.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Well you aren't called Mr. Sunshine for no reason. Laughing

Welcome to Eater, jponzi! Stay a while and cause some great lad pain! It is the best. And ask all the questions you need. I think Pastor Frank needs a new mentee. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic