SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

One of my lads gave me a pennsylvania address...

View next topic
View previous topic

carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, one of my lads gave me a PA address... And I found his house on google maps... snipped. TS
What do we do?

I asked him how to pay him through WU he said use this information and gave me that it wasn't just some 'what's your address question' this is what he is going to use to receive WU payments....
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi.

The address most likely belongs to a mule.

Please PM a Mod the email pointing you to it, and we can have it looked at and the mule/victim warned if need be. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

carrottshampoo83 wrote:

I asked him how to pay him through WU he said use this information and gave me that it wasn't just some 'what's your address question' this is what
he is going to use to receive WU payments....

You can take WU "receiver addresses" with a huge grain of salt, too. With very few exceptions, you can go pick up a transfer anywhere in the world without proof that you live at the receiver address. (Or for that matter, that the address even exists.) And for those exceptions, a fake ID (it's not like WU rigorously checks the ID), a sob story or a small bribe works wonders. WU doesn't keep a copy of the ID presented.

Keep in mind, WU is designed to work even if you're traveling out of the country, got mugged and have no ID on you when you go to the local outlet to pick up the money for that night's hotel stay that Cousin Fred sent to you. All the "receiver address" does is lull lots of senders into a false sense of security about WU confirming the identity of the person picking up the transfer. They don't.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that explanation. I have never used WU so I was not even sure how it works I just know basically you give the guy money and he sends it to the other person.

"Why did you send me wrong Western Union Payment Information"s, I went for the confirmation of the payment and the Western Union agent told me that the information was incorrect that their was know such information order with the payment info you sent to me" - Mr N4ture R4j (Evidently a CEO)
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I just know basically you give the guy money and he sends it to the other person.

Not in this case - it isn't a mule scam. The name and address you were given could have come from anywhere - something the lad found on Google, or even a previous victim. That person has nothing to do with the scam, and this is why I've pulled your link.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The guy I meant the western union worker. The he sends it basically to the other western union worker to give to the recipient.

I was just explaining how western union worked in my mind and I think it's correct right?

But thanks for removing my link I didn't want it to be broadcast either if the guy wasn't part of it.

"Why did you send me wrong Western Union Payment Information"s, I went for the confirmation of the payment and the Western Union agent told me that the information was incorrect that their was know such information order with the payment info you sent to me" - Mr N4ture R4j (Evidently a CEO)
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently had a lad give me a real street address in Florida to send cash to.

Had to be either a mule or an accomplice.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just was shocked haha especially when the guy was a real person and the address was a real place... it is like 5 hours away from me too haha I was hoping it would be even closer not so I could visit but just so I could act all shocked and tell the scammer 'wow I live right near you!' lol

His email has been closed now.. figures....

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic