SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Thinking About a middle budget laptop.. advice anyone?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
misterdeeds
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

greetings!
Soon I will be leaving my humble abode here in Constantinople to do some work in Doha,Qatar. As a result of this move I am leaving my tabletop to my better (and more beautiful looking) half and the kids. So, now I'm in the market for a decent laptop. I'm looking to spend about 800 bucks US. Any ideas anyone? My oldest daughter says Lenovo because they have agents everywhere.. but it seems cheap and made in china. Then again, I guess most things are made in China these days.
What do I need the laptop for? Hmm. Surfing the net, Wordprocessimg, scambaiting, games, etc. It would be nice if it had a dvd burner and driver. Any suggestions?

"NA GOD GO PUNISH U IDIOTE" Barrister Dasilva
"WHY NOT YOU GO TO HELL AND DIE A HUNDRED TIMES?" American Banking Austria
"YOU CAN NEVER CHOP MY DOLLAR BECAUSE YOU ARE A DEAD APE" - Victoria Mark
"LISTEN YOUR APPLICATION IS OVERDUE WE DONT ENTERTAIN JOKES HERE" - UAE Immigrations
United Arab Emirates Closed lad accounts x14
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For your modest needs, anything should do. Biggest expense-screen size.

I bought a 17". Frankly, it's too big. I think a 15.4 would be much easier now that I have had it for 3 years. The bigger they are, the heavier they are. And it's not all that portable.

I have an HP. Bought it at Best Buy.

I would make sure you have at least 2gig ram. Most likely you will get Vista (I like it), so the more ram the merrier.

I'd spend the money and get an extra battery if you are really going to be mobil a lot.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whatever you do, please don't buy a Dell XPSM1530. Got nothing but hell from mine.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 with dvd burner player, 150Gb, 2mgb ram for here in the Solomons, wireless and lan internet connections built in,

It's working well in the tropics

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on my 8th luggable computer and have given up on really small laptops. I like a slightly thicker full size keyboard and 17 inch display. I know they take more power and are heavier but I am willing to put up with that. I have a business issued tablet computer and find its size makes it worthless and have two 15 inch screens out on perpetual loan. My last laptop was not made in the People's Republic but instead, where the cameras go crick. Its a Fujitsu Lifebook that I carry in a Samsonite laptop backpack. The backpack frees up my hands, keeps the curve out of my spine and I never get charged extra when flying. Its best baiting feature is that its keyboard is spill resistant. Instead of an extra battery, I carry an extension cord.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a word of caution, if you buy one online (say Dell for example) get the least amount of ram in it, then buy more on your own at Newegg. You'll save about 75% of the cost to do a 5 minute job of increasing memory.

I've got my eyes on one of those MSI Wind netbooks; the 10" 2.5lb thing sounds really nice.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our PC blew it's guts just before Xmas, so I bought a Sony VAIO. One of the cheaper ones with 1MB RAM and increased it's RAM to 2 MB because it runs Vista.

It's got 250GB hdd, 15.4 inch screen, a DVD-RW and wireless built in. I'm running Sun Systems Open Office suite as an alternative for MS Office, it's just as good and you can save files in .doc, .ppt or .xls, and it's free - the computer shop loaded it for me. I'm using IE and MS Mail for internet connection and mail, but this laptop has Firefox, Safari and Skype also loaded on it by the computer shop.

I'd recommend a VAIO, I've had a good run with this one.

Right now I'm watching NZ Trademe (E-bay equivalent down here) to buy a second hand laptop for my 16 year old son. I've got my eyes on a 3 year old HP ZD8004AP with 2 MB RAM and 160 MB HDD, 17 inch screen, DVD-RW, a separate number pad and wireless. It might cost in the region of $US 300 ($NZ 600), but it was a superb laptop when it was new and this one has had it's RAM increased and was fitted with a larger HDD. It's built like a brick dunny, which is important when I consider it'll be carried to and fro from school in my son's backpack.

That's one thing you should consider, robustness. Maybe you should buy a second hand laptop, something you won't mind getting scratched and which won't be such a target for thieves. If you buy new, cover it's lid with labels and give them a good rub with light sandpaper Smile

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another black mark for Dell here. One of two that we bought recently has strange problems that have eluded all Dell attempts to fix, including swapping the main and graphic boards.

My PC literally went bang last night. Crying or Very sad Hopefully it's just a seized fan and it hasn't done any other damage, but I'll probably be getting my evening fix of 419eater on my eeePC for a day or two.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OxygenDeprived wrote:
I've got my eyes on one of those MSI Wind netbooks; the 10" 2.5lb thing sounds really nice.

Go for it OD. I've got a EEE PC. No moving parts (though there is a fan for processor cooling that only fires up once in a blue moon). The only thing that pushed me in the Asus direction was the huge amount of battery time you get. I think MSI have caught up on that score since I bought my ultra mini.

I hardly ever use my 17.5" lappy now.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I'd probably sell my 15.4" gateway 6864fx (wife would never let me keep both Wink ). I've also been drooling over the new 10" Asus Eeee 1000HE, which claims between 7-9.5 hrs of batter life dependant on settings.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stay away from Dell. Stay away from lenovo *they're a joke IMO* Stay away from HP laptops they're not terrible but there are a lot of flaws... You're best bet it probably toshiba or gateway. Both of which I know everyone hates but I work at a computer repair shop in a retail store that I'm sure you all know and I have seen more dells not start up then any other computer. HPs come back with the most Mobo/Hdd/Quicktouch issues and we use lenovo as our main computers and they are IMO awful. Toshiba, while still having problems, I have seen the least while we do sell them very frequently and Gateway's just seem pretty solid....

Just my .02.... All that's left after that scammer :'( lol jk

Note on the minis. The HP ones are ok and the EEEPcs are good quality. The acer ones you should definitely stay away from...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic